Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
In any case I'm out for a while, maybe the rest of the night.

I also have no idea what the gently caress.

This is hilarious but honestly it feels like a big distraction because it's all alignment neutral for both Somber and Bif.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well now this is a first.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I mean I think I could see Pera making a fake masonry where somber is just talking to her pretending to be bif

I still don't know what to make of Max's thing about masonries either

Pera did say she was loving with us from inside the house

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I mean I think I could see Pera making a fake masonry where somber is just talking to her pretending to be bif

that seems... not impossible, but also really weird to make that kind of effort for something that would really gently caress with the game

if it was a scumbo at least they could try and rolefish and push poo poo cases without giving away who was doing it

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Just caught up again and :lol:

Somberbrero posted:

like not loving much! so it's like, what was the point of this? we kept missing each other with my work schedules. i'm checking back now.

d1: asks me if i have any other abilities.

we talk a little about jokephase

talks about how town max seems

calls me out for lurking

asks me how i feel about mithross

says something about pod not getting the girl he picked

d2: mostly us missing each other and him calling me out for lurking more

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that other_bif is Max (the only other person who seemed to know anything about masonries).

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

OK well I'm not one to let a game just wallow into a barely noticable crawl because of something like flipless, so good or bad I'm just gonna claim:

I'm Venus, and know a little bit about the setup. Mostly, I know that everyone here SHOULD be in a masonry of some kind. I'm not in one because Kyu got got N0 so I'm all alone now.

Did you learn of anything that might explain how Somber thinks he's in a masonry with bif but she denies it?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jesus give me some credit.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh, no. Just that everyone should be in a masonry.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Jamuraan posted:

I'm not trying to interject too much RL into this but I've been struggling with :effort: lately. I slept like 10 hours into the day after playing Civ 5 until 8am. I didn't reread anything from before today, sorry I lied and said I would. I'm not part of a masonry either and without any flips I really have no clue where to start. Like someone said, WIFOMing the kill probably won't lead to much.

Y'all can lynch me if you want, I know a few of you still think I'm the best choice, but I'm not scum and unfortunately you won't even gain any information from lynching me.

I think if anyone else has more info about the setup it can only help us. This masonry hint from Max doesn't seem dishonest, but it seems strange that no one else has backed him up.

The silver lining to choking as bad as I did in FF5 is that I think I can see it when other people are going through similar stress trying to scum. :ohdear:

##vote Jam for now. I'm going to sleep but look forward to figuring out what's up with that masonry.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

Oh, no. Just that everyone should be in a masonry.

How do you mean "should be in a masonry"? Is it like assessing the present situation (ie "I counted the money and it should all be in there") or recommending a future one (ie "we have all this money, we should go on vacation!")? Or is it phrased that way and the meaning is ambiguous?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It seems fairly definitive.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Murmur Twin posted:

The silver lining to choking as bad as I did in FF5 is that I think I can see it when other people are going through similar stress trying to scum. :ohdear:

##vote Jam for now. I'm going to sleep but look forward to figuring out what's up with that masonry.

just to be clear, you're saying that you believe Jam is doing the exact same thing as you in FF5? He's scum and just not up for engaging at all?

I would be up for voting Jam, especially if he continues to lurk, but I still think something's going on with Hal and Nazgul/MT so MT's votes are giving me mad WIFOM.

Asiina posted:

Can't even call them false-Bif since Bif already has "faux" in her name.

This is truly the worst.

what about Fauxbifnen

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Well, if you are bi-faux-nen, then the fake is Tri-faux-nen, one more stage of faux

As for the game ramifications of trifaux, I think I land with asiina. We should absolutely keep it in mind going forward, but until/unless someone slips and reveals themselves, it's not worth beating that horse. We have no way to determine alignment from what we have now

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Max you do see how that seems like it leads to you being Fauxbif?

I'm not saying it definitely, but I feel like whoever Fauxbif is, they're scum. Unless it's para I guess?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Murmur Twin posted:

You read that entire post and decided he was scum without muster? Wouldn't he be more likely to replace out? I don't like this vote either.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Max posted:

It seems fairly definitive.

AND YET

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Somber I demand that you demand an essay on Komaeda from Trifauxnen

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

All this is bizarre no doubt but it doesn't seem like it's really going to get anywhere

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

You read that entire post and decided he was scum without muster? Wouldn't he be more likely to replace out? I don't like this vote either.

I agree with this 100%.

I was wanting to keep Betrayer around yesterday for purely personal reasons, not because I thought he had done anything particularly town. He had just been typical him. MMT got a lot of credit for coming and just being non-abrasive and posting at all but really she didn't offer all that much and the way she has jumped from me to Jam on very little today pings me

That being said Jam not posting at all, while not out of character either, isn't doing anything to make me feel better than I did yesterday.

Also I wish I was in a fake masonry

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Bifauxnen posted:

Somber I demand that you demand an essay on Komaeda from Trifauxnen

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
im crashing. as lovely as today was, tomorrow looks worse because i have this dickhead manager from another city coming in town for an entire loving week. i'm try to check in again before deadline but if not i fully stand by my murmur vote.

i''m really really trying not to spiral thinking about the mason thing but honestly i think if it's anyone it has to be murmur or maximillion. i just need to get that out there. or bif is just loving with me for reasons i don't understand.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I still don't know what to make of Max's thing about masonries either

Pera did say she was loving with us from inside the house

peramene posted:

per usual throw out your metas and general mafia assumptions because i am loving with you from the inside of the house

That was one of the first places I went as well Hal. I don't know how close I am to believing it is a thing that's happening (currently I doubt that's the case, with a ...but...), but it is something I could see pera doing. I don't know why, other than sheer enjoyment, but I'm not ruling it out.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Max posted:

OK well I'm not one to let a game just wallow into a barely noticable crawl because of something like flipless, so good or bad I'm just gonna claim:

I'm Venus, and know a little bit about the setup. Mostly, I know that everyone here SHOULD be in a masonry of some kind. I'm not in one because Kyu got got N0 so I'm all alone now.

peramene posted:

SOMEBODY GOT POPPED

N0: Kyu, love fairy, has been popped.

Here's another oddity in Max's claim. Yes, Kyu got got n0, but there was no player attached to Kyu because there wasn't a real n0, also we had over the number of players pera wanted originally so it's not like Kyu was a character that didn't get a player. I'm not sure what to make of that either, but I wanted to point it out.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Or wait, somber said he got a call n0.

I officially don't loving know, but it's all kinda stupid and silly and awesome, in a slightly frustrating WTF sort of way

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Ok, last post in this chain of post-job catch up:

In terms of who I actually would like to vote, I'm still on Jam and Hal.

Hal has posted a decent amount today, but it has been content lite. It's been mostly what boils down to setup spec (talking about Max's everyone should be masons and somber's Trifaux Revelation which would be a sweet name for an old scifi dime novel). His most recent post throws light shade at Jam and MMT, the next two people I'm suspicious of. And there's one other post that brings up Jam.

Jam, well, hasn't posted much today. A couple reassurances he isn't scum, and that's it.

MMT I'm a little on the fence about, but she wouldn't be my choice today. That vote on Jam is a little shaky for D2 is the main thing. (Not for voting Jam, but the specific reason MMT gives). I'm currently viewing nazgul's breakdown/replacement as a breakdown and replacement, not some scum tell. MMT has at least been providing content outside setup spec.

Nobody else has racked up sufficient suspicion points to appear in this post. You all are slacking.

I'm a bit torn between wanting to vote Hal or Jam just now. I'm going to sleep on it, I think. I don't work tomorrow, so I should be around all day.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

One complete non-sequitur (at least from the Mafia point of view):

since this game started I have acquired, played, and beaten Huniepop (unlocked but not actually played alpha mode, because I discovered there actually is a limit to my self loathing).

And now, sleep time.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

peramene posted:

who is best girl

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

Max you do see how that seems like it leads to you being Fauxbif?

I'm not saying it definitely, but I feel like whoever Fauxbif is, they're scum. Unless it's para I guess?

Not really. You all must think I play a terrible scum game if you think I'm playing Fauxbif and going in there with Somber and saying "gee wilikers, that Max guy sure is the towniest town that ever towned." while simultaneously blowing up my spot in the thread about the masonry stuff that I guess is mostly wrong.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Here's a better question for Somber: Were you at any time talking to faux-Bif when they would reasonably be asleep.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Warning for tonight, I'll be driving most of the evening up to a vacation house and won't be on hand for deadline

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I need to look at everyone again, but I'm not really feeling the MMT vote. Her mistaken vote on Hal didn't get an unvote, which I didn't like, but otherwise she's been fine?

I don't see how her vote on Jam is bad at all and why Sandwolf and Hal have issues with it.

Sandwolf posted:

Why are you assuming someone will replace out in this situation? I agree with her that I've made similar giving up style posts when scum before too, so it doesn't seem impossible. Also looking back at her other votes, she came in with a vote on Jam so I don't get Hal's criticism that she's idly flipping.

Really the only thing that's pinging me is that she didn't unvote, and that's not nearly enough for me to vote off of, so I don't want to vote for MMT today.

I think Mithross is right about Hal, that he's participating but isn't saying a whole lot when he does. It's very cautious. I could get behind a Hal vote.

I'm having feelings about Sandwolf though, so let me see if I can put a case together.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

Not really. You all must think I play a terrible scum game if you think I'm playing Fauxbif and going in there with Somber and saying "gee wilikers, that Max guy sure is the towniest town that ever towned." while simultaneously blowing up my spot in the thread about the masonry stuff that I guess is mostly wrong.

Nothing pings me harder than when someone says "man I'd be terrible scum if I did that"

Granted this would be a complex plan to sow confusion but in a flipless game that strategy is much more viable. Also faking someone else in a masonry is a pretty pro move.

Somber I can't find if you said this someplace, but did your original PM in the game say you were masons with bif specifically?

I could see a N0 action being the ability to mason someone and pretend to be someone else, even if it isn't Max that did it. If someone did that and isn't admitting it at this point though I don't see how they aren't scum

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I wouldn't have given it the time of day if others hadn't brought it up as a possibility.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

I need to look at everyone again, but I'm not really feeling the MMT vote. Her mistaken vote on Hal didn't get an unvote, which I didn't like, but otherwise she's been fine?

I don't see how her vote on Jam is bad at all and why Sandwolf and Hal have issues with it.

Why are you assuming someone will replace out in this situation? I agree with her that I've made similar giving up style posts when scum before too, so it doesn't seem impossible. Also looking back at her other votes, she came in with a vote on Jam so I don't get Hal's criticism that she's idly flipping.

Really the only thing that's pinging me is that she didn't unvote, and that's not nearly enough for me to vote off of, so I don't want to vote for MMT today.

I think Mithross is right about Hal, that he's participating but isn't saying a whole lot when he does. It's very cautious. I could get behind a Hal vote.

I'm having feelings about Sandwolf though, so let me see if I can put a case together.

I forgot she voted Jam to start the day so going back to him doesn't seem as bad in retrospect, but I still feel like the vote going back to jam was explained in a forced and awkward way which is why it bothered me in the first place

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Has jam even posted today? My phone is being a pain but I don't remember him saying anything. I would definitely vote Jam today, I feel like after being called out yesterday he's hiding today because he's scared scum. He's certainly posted plenty in another game so he definitely isn't just not around

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

I wouldn't have given it the time of day if others hadn't brought it up as a possibility.

I do feel like I'm diving pretty deep to think someone would have such a nefarious plan but if anyone would try it I feel like it's you

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

Has jam even posted today? My phone is being a pain but I don't remember him saying anything. I would definitely vote Jam today, I feel like after being called out yesterday he's hiding today because he's scared scum. He's certainly posted plenty in another game so he definitely isn't just not around

This is literally the point that MMT made and the post that you're saying you didn't like of hers is the one where she is quoting Jam, so I don't know how you don't know the answer to that.

I feel like you're making up your cases, Hal.

##vote Hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jamuraan posted:

Been living my life, sorry for not being here and for not participating much, I'll try to get my top 3 leads.

I'm really surprised I'm getting chastised for trying to take a more reasoned approach to the game instead of taking the cheap way out and using emotional appeal.

I've been skimming the thread and not really making any connections because I'm being lazy, but I'll turn it around asap, please trust I'm not scum.

Oh right this is one of Jams two posts today and the post he made after didn't say anything either, I guess I see where MMT is coming from now. So maybe I was wrong about her

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

This is literally the point that MMT made and the post that you're saying you didn't like of hers is the one where she is quoting Jam, so I don't know how you don't know the answer to that.

I feel like you're making up your cases, Hal.

##vote Hal

Haha guess you beat me too it. I'm still waking up so yeah maybe I'm being dumb but I'm not scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Anyway, I'm not feeling as strongly about my Sandwolf case upon review as it was in my head.

I don't like how he was lurking until he was pushed on it.

I remembered not liking this post:

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah sorry this flipless stuff has a learning curve. I keep rereading and feel all stilted ignoring all connections to and from Podima/Flam.

I really don't like the way the vote switched so rapidly from MMT to Flam yesterday. I understand why it happened, MMT posted a bit and there was some pre-existing suspicion on him from earlier but.. something about the way the conversation goes makes me so uneasy. But I don't even know if it's worth loving following cuz Flam may have even been scum and it could have been a totally organic D1 scramble and then I'll end up with tunnel vision on some town.

I'm finding myself a little frustrated is all.

The switch was because Betrayer replaced out and Flam had a case on him, so it made a lot of sense to me. Also without knowing Flam's alignment it feels weird to be throwing shade at the D1 lynch.

I also don't really like the reasoning for his MMT vote, which I already talked about.

None of these are particularly damning, but they still give me feelings. I think I'll stick with the Hal vote though.

• Locked thread