Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I can't believe they're going to save the P3 protagonist through the power of dance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I would have preferred the Persona 5 fighting game to be first on the docket. Fists of Justice and slicing fools with a battle-axe

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I would have preferred the Persona 5 fighting game to be first on the docket. Fists of Justice and slicing fools with a battle-axe

:yeah:

I'm looking forward to seeing more p5 though. maybe everyone will come to understand that the cast is better than p4

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Today I sat down, installed Shadowverse out a perverse sense of curiosity, promptly lost three hours of my life to it despite not precisely having fun, and only when I was out of the game did I manage to convince myself to uninstall it. Gods. That game feels just compelling enough to destroy my life if I let it, and I could see myself spending money on it or worse, and no no no no.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

There will probably be a P5 character in the asw mega crossover game at least

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

You've already heard a bunch of nos on Zestiria. Here's another. Don't buy Zestiria.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

In Training posted:

Persona Q2 got announced as well

I wonder if it'll actually be a good game this time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I liked PQ, it had fun dungeon gimmicks

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

trails of cold steel is out for pc later today if you want a cheap 80 hour jrpg to grind through.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Zaggitz posted:

trails of cold steel is out for pc later today if you want a cheap 80 hour jrpg to grind through.

Cmon dude it's like top 5 JRPG's in the past decade, you gotta sell it better than that

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'll do that when 2 is also out. :P

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Realtalk though it's a shame my laptop is probably too busted to run it. They put a ton of work into a really good game and it's looking like it's gonna be leaps and bounds over what I'd expect out of a definitive edition. It's a cool game even though I think its the worst trails game thats still like better than 95% of all jrpgs so.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I need to play the other three games first and that's probably never happening at this point.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Still playing Breath of the Wild- feel like the Shrines, 4 big mini-dungeons, and the story progression are completely incidental to the game and that not a lot would be lost if they just weren't there (other than the work required to find/get to them; that's still cool). Feel like I'm going to be "done" with the game whenever I get sick of just messing around in and exploring the open world.

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 2, 2017

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I love having too many games to play! It's so much better than having none at all!
Happy Kirby day to you all as well! :D

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I like that I have lots of games in my library to play, but want to focus on one game at a time for a long period of time. Currently it's Injustice 2 until Forza 7.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Cmon dude it's like top 5 JRPG's in the past decade, you gotta sell it better than that

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Phantasium posted:

I need to play the other three games first and that's probably never happening at this point.

Cold Steel 1 is basically 95% unrelated to Sky, like there are some cool nods but it's just as cool to play CS first then go back and see the references and characters from halfway across the world.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'd still play the Sky games because they are probably better than whatever the hell else you're playing at the moment.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Don't be mean to FFXII.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

I'd still play the Sky games because they are probably better than whatever the hell else you're playing at the moment.

Sky owns but I've heard enough people bitch about the pacing to just recommend the better video game (story is subjective but Sky is probably better) and hope they do what I did and go all in on Trails afterwards.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I think the Persona games are good RPGs and don't see the appeal in turning them into fighting and rhythm games.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

Cold Steel 1 is basically 95% unrelated to Sky, like there are some cool nods but it's just as cool to play CS first then go back and see the references and characters from halfway across the world.

To be fair, there's one major reveal from SC which Cold Steel rather unavoidably spoils. Admittedly it was something many people would've guessed anyway, but still. That's pretty much the only big thing that's spoiled and if someone really wants to play Cold Steel before the Sky games despite that, then yeah, it's a good place to jump in. That said, I'd advise people to try the Sky games first if they're interested, since it's not as though there's any particular reason to avoid them, and I personally think they're quite a bit better on the whole.

(As far as people complaining about pacing problems in FC goes, I'd say Cold Steel is probably worse for that. CS takes less time to get going, but it's waaaaay too long.)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

MechaSeinfeld posted:

:yeah:

I'm looking forward to seeing more p5 though. maybe everyone will come to understand that the cast is better than p4

after playing P5 I couldn't see myself caring about the steak-obsessed cast of P4 again. Yosuke and Teddy in particular aren't as good as Ryuji/Morgana

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Lizard Wizard posted:

I think the Persona games are good RPGs and don't see the appeal in turning them into fighting and rhythm games.

people like the music and the visual style is well-suited for it, and people like the characters and they have good potential for movesets and the fighting games are good

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I could live without seeing any persona characters ever again

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

DLC Inc posted:

after playing P5 I couldn't see myself caring about the steak-obsessed cast of P4 again. Yosuke and Teddy in particular aren't as good as Ryuji/Morgana

Morgana rules but man Ryuji is the worst of the sidekick characters by a lot and Yosuke has the added bonus of somehow being far gayer than then character P4 wanted you to think was gay.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
persona 5 is creepy

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I should just accept that being 5 hours into persona 5 at present means I'm probably never going to play it again :(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope P5 Arena isn't made by arc sys again because it'll be another team Blue joint and I want some more variety. And asw is already making 6 FGs in the next 6 months as is

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
What if P5A is just an expansion to BBxP4Axsomething or whatever Crossover Extravaganza

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Lizard Wizard posted:

The intro to Dancing All Night was awful because extremely fluid rotoscoped dance animation with blank anime faces pasted on is creepy as poo poo, especially when you know what the characters are supposed to look and move like.

The Persona 5 intro with the Yuri on Ice guy doing the rotoscoping was rad, though.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

glam rock hamhock posted:

Morgana rules but man Ryuji is the worst of the sidekick characters by a lot and Yosuke has the added bonus of somehow being far gayer than then character P4 wanted you to think was gay.

The best persona high school best friend was actually touma from Tokyo Mirage Sessions but nobody played it I guess

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Guy Mann posted:

The Persona 5 intro with the Yuri on Ice guy doing the rotoscoping was rad, though.

sayo yamamoto is a woman, unless you're talking about someone else

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I started a new full time job at UPS last week and I've worn through the top 3 layers of skin on my fingers, through gloves, and lost 15 pounds, drinking 4 liters of water in a workday and leaving each day with a limp and soaked to the bone with sweat. It's kickin' the poo poo out of me. But my workin' playlist keeps me goin' so have some tidbits from it for your listening pleasure

American Remains(it's kind of sad how few people know of this song in particular, or heard of The Highwaymen, since this song is god drat beautiful and :911: as gently caress)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8Q0sX2cv-Q

Journey - Any Way You Want It
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atxUuldUcfI

Kaizers Orchestra - Bak et Halleluja
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nibh0uD9A7A

And to be game-related, Crystal Flash, a crazy good medley of the entire Super Metroid soundtrack, by Virt(better known these days by his real name, Jake Kaufman)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frg4cckX5E4

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Keep it up dude in a few more weeks itll feel like childsplay AND you'll be in the best shape of your life.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah. I've been there for 13 years now, but only part time and working another gig on the side. Now it's just this. It's the worst though, loading the delivery trucks. Seven hours of tedious but tolerable work followed by one hour of the most concentrated misery and suffering right before wrap-up(and then I get to play "try to get out of the parking lot" while literally 200 UPS trucks are all heading out for deliveries at the same time). Definitely bidding out of this spot asap.

like seriously:

I basically feel like I'm a couple days away from this:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Is this made worse by your naked mole rat thing or is that par for the course for early ups workers.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Jesus invictus get some gloves!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Zaggitz posted:

Is this made worse by your naked mole rat thing or is that apr for the course for early ups workers.
Nah, the alopecia universalis doesn't really gently caress up my skin that way, only my nails and stuff for the most part. This is mostly just from attrition, constant movement of boxes and twirling them between my fingers to find labels(which you have to do to keep up) etc. It'll hopefully build up calluses soon. Or I am able to bid out soon, either or.

God I wish I could do a mini-documentary on the process of various jobs at UPS. For a job that is just package-moving it can get fairly involved and complicated. Especially when you're building a different daily layout for a driver so he can deliver stuff and find packages easily to take out. They don't really like cameras at UPS though, except security ones. The documentaries they always show of the internal process never actually show when things get serious, of course.

UPS is great though, for education and health benefits it's pretty much the best entry-level job possible, and can convert into a well-paying full time job if kept at. I think standard full-time rate is $29 an hour, and top rate is $40ish an hour? Like even part-time I was pulling in $400-450 a week from it. And it probably saved my life out of high school, I was on the football team and fell into a crippling depression after I graduated, and blew up to nearly 400 pounds. Started working at UPS and dropped to nearly half that within the first eight months. Worth it. Nearly killed me and I felt like keeling over at times, but worth it.

Macarius Wrench posted:

Jesus invictus get some gloves!
that's WITH gloves.

I will never go without gloves after I saw a dude get his finger half-severed by a box of diamond sawblades that broke open in his hands.

• Locked thread