Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Dexo posted:

Why are you insulting Octarian cultural cuisine?

Racist

Oh God, what have I become???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I don't know what G&K stands for but please stop putting me on the same team as them Nintendo.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Wendell posted:

Oh God, what have I become???

Feel shame for your words and deeds.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Aren't Inklings just squid furries anyway?

squidies

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Lakbay posted:

According to my Japanese Animes that is probably an omelette

I think you mean Omurice you baka gaijin

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
marina's phone is octopus shaped rather than squid shaped

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
How garbage this game's net code is really becomes obvious at the higher ranks, where situations it affects show up way more often. I shot you in the face several time already, how are you not, oh you died 3 seconds later. After killing my whole team.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lakbay posted:

Squids do not have fur

Neither do dragons, but they're hella popular.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Manuel Calavera posted:

Neither do dragons, but they're hella popular.

Dragons fall under the "scalie" subset of furrykin. I looked it up, and apparently there are cephalopod subsets, but I don't think they have specific names.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Rexroom posted:

It's obvious which side you are. :colbert:

More reason to be team Ketchup. A loving mayonegg :barf:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Wendell posted:

What the heck is Marina eating? Is that a flan that she put ketchup on? gently caress you, Marina!!

Scholtz posted:

I think you mean Omurice you baka gaijin

Just in case someone wants a serious answer, because cultural foods are interesting and mashups in two different cultural foods can be even more so, omurice is usually an omelette stuffed with chicken fried rice and topped with a bit of ketchup. Just like both the Western omelette and Asian fried rice, the stuffing and topping can vary wildly by personal preference, including noodles instead of rice, and makes for a rather popular dish.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
A backwards cap with tenacity just popped up on splatnet. I haven't used tenacity but it's head gear only and the only other pieces that I've seen have it are the soccer headband and mtb helmet so it's rare enough you might want to pick up

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Forgot to post this yesterday. THANKS AYDEN!

we won the next two games he wasn't too bad

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Onean posted:

Just in case someone wants a serious answer, because cultural foods are interesting and mashups in two different cultural foods can be even more so, omurice is usually an omelette stuffed with chicken fried rice and topped with a bit of ketchup. Just like both the Western omelette and Asian fried rice, the stuffing and topping can vary wildly by personal preference, including noodles instead of rice, and makes for a rather popular dish.

That's really cool! I love reading about stuff like that. It's fascinating what other cultures do with each other's food. I'd actually like to try an omurice...

Lakbay posted:

A backwards cap with tenacity just popped up on splatnet. I haven't used tenacity but it's head gear only and the only other pieces that I've seen have it are the soccer headband and mtb helmet so it's rare enough you might want to pick up

Thanks for the heads up on this! I love me some Tenacity and Tenacity on fresh gear is a big plus.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dugong posted:

I don't know what G&K stands for but please stop putting me on the same team as them Nintendo.

That's fans of some French streamer duo I think

---

So as of today I'm finally getting good at Ranked mode. I avoided it like the plague in 1 but now I've switched to the N-Zap and learned how to git gud with splatting folk it's way more fun for me, if chaotic and sorta stressful compared to the others.

One reason I didn't really play it is because I do have this weird OCD thing with wanting to keep getting more experience and climbing up the levels, even though I care way more about fun than XP. Especially when I have a token on, I never wanted to risk the chance of getting essentially zero experience for my time when I could play Turf War and get a guaranteed 1200 even if we lose. But I'm finally getting over that and finding that the wins more than make up for the losses.

However I just now got out of C- in Tower Control and it bumped me right up to B- so I'm scared :ohdear:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm honestly surprised that the spoiler is still up and people are defending it.

Some people like to go into stuff blind. They're are a lot of details in that post that might be a surprise. Not everyone has even been able to buy the goddamn system yet let alone beat the game within a month if its release.

Why be a loving dick, even if most people don't care? I had hoped splat goons would be better than that.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Silver Falcon posted:

That's really cool! I love reading about stuff like that. It's fascinating what other cultures do with each other's food. I'd actually like to try an omurice...

Thanks for the heads up on this! I love me some Tenacity and Tenacity on fresh gear is a big plus.

Is tenacity worth it? If so what does the loadout on a tenacity build usually look like?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't even really understand which bit is the spoiler? Like, you really think just "what the boss looks like" is a spoiler? That's so weird.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

People still don't get the glow fly waves

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

The Bloop posted:

I'm honestly surprised that the spoiler is still up and people are defending it.

Some people like to go into stuff blind. They're are a lot of details in that post that might be a surprise. Not everyone has even been able to buy the goddamn system yet let alone beat the game within a month if its release.

Why be a loving dick, even if most people don't care? I had hoped splat goons would be better than that.
Same. I play Splatoon, the kid arena ink shooting video game on Nintendo, for the engrossing story.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

JackDarko posted:

Is tenacity worth it? If so what does the loadout on a tenacity build usually look like?

Tenacity is a good general purpose ability. It makes your special charge faster when your team has fewer people active than the enemy. This is an especially common occurance in Ranked, but it comes in especially handy when someone on your team drops.

Pair it with stuff like Special Recharge up and Special Saver, I'd say. Special Power Up too probably. You don't necessarily have to build your kit around it. It's just a handy thing to have around.

Escobarbarian posted:

I don't even really understand which bit is the spoiler? Like, you really think just "what the boss looks like" is a spoiler? That's so weird.

Who the final boss is and what he looks like would constitute a spoiler, yes. The final boss of the first game was just so rad with everything from the music to the general aesthetic. If the final boss of this game is anywhere close to that, I'd hate for anyone to get spoiled on that before they could experience it in all its glory.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Escobarbarian posted:

The bit where Callie is a baddie.

Regardless how you might see it, it's at least courteous to have stuff like that behind spoiler tags. Don't be a bottom feeder, be nice.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Aug 2, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Splatoon lore is cool.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rexroom posted:

This is obvious about two minutes into the story

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Bill Barber posted:

Same. I play Splatoon, the kid arena ink shooting video game on Nintendo, for the engrossing story.

So your gimmick is that you're literally your avatar?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Bloop posted:

There are precisely zero details that are a surprise in those pictures though. Nintendo themselves haven't been subtle about who the final bosses were going to be right from the first teasing announcements of Splatoon 2. This isn't exactly "beloved character dies halfway through" territory. Hell, it's not even a twist in the story.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Escobarbarian posted:

This is obvious about two minutes into the story

No it's not you silly Billy.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Rexroom posted:

Rexroom posted:

No it's not you silly Billy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=869_lwZfyTo&t=137s

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Dr. VooDoo posted:

People still don't get the glow fly waves

Why don't you explain them

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

LPG Giant posted:

stand by the egg basket and form a phalanx

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There are precisely zero details that are a surprise in those pictures though. Nintendo themselves haven't been subtle about who the final bosses were going to be right from the first teasing announcements of Splatoon 2. This isn't exactly "beloved character dies halfway through" territory. Hell, it's not even a twist in the story.

this

also I am bad at Tower Control at B-level, as expected

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

LPG Giant posted:

Please user spoiler tags.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Just to stop derailing the thread any further, I'll just reiterate: Use the spoiler tags for single player content, regardless of how obvious you might feel it to be. Thank you.

Now to tackle a real topic: Why aerospray users are trash and need to have their specials nerfed.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Rexroom posted:

Just to stop derailing the thread any further, I'll just reiterate: Use the spoiler tags for single player content, regardless of how obvious you might feel it to be. Thank you.

Now to tackle a real topic: Why aerospray users are trash and need to have their specials nerfed.

They need to stop joining my ranked games

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rexroom posted:

You know being the thread OP doesn't give you actual authority, right

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There is no indication of if it's actually that character or a clone or who knows what, also the other boss in that picture was not teased anywhere as being in Splatoon2 that I ever noticed.

Not everyone reads every tweet and watches hour-long youtube breakdowns of videogame box art.

Surprisingly (apparently) some people just go oh there is a new Splatoon game, I will buy that. In fact, it seems pretty obvious that the people who would care about spoilers are the very people who would have avoided them up to this point.

It doesn't matter that you don't "get it". It shouldn't matter if you don't care - just knowing that anyone cares, or honestly that potentially anyone cares should be enough to employ a little common courtesy.

edit: FOR EXAMPLE (not that it should matter)
Personally since we know that many of the octarians are grown from clippings or severed tentacles I thought that the final boss hinted at in the boxart might be a clone of Callie or that she was actually doing some sort of outreach to the Octolings what with there being one in the new host duo.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I agree Splatoon spoilers aren't life-or-death but going into the final bosses of both games with zero knowledge/expectations made the surprises really fun and memorable, why deny other people those nice little pleasures?? Would it really kill ya that much to type '[spoiler]' into the text box???

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Onean posted:

Oh, I forgot to mention something else. Just like pancake art,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2PLYyvr0HU
latte art
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBw1MJHSFVs
and so many other foods, some people and places draw something with the ketchup on omurice. Marina's has an octopus drawn on hers, and that's probably why she's taking a picture of it. :3:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Escobarbarian posted:

You know being the thread OP doesn't give you actual authority, right

Yes, but I am at least interested in not seeing this thread turn into a dumpster fire. I'd have to close the thread then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rexroom posted:

Yes, but I am at least interested in not seeing this thread turn into a dumpster fire. I'd have to close the thread then.

Then, I mean.....get over it? Y'alls are the ones perpetuating this, you get that?