Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Is the Flingza Roller any good? I'm level 22 and I'm thinking about maining it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

When are they gonna bring back my go-to weapon from the first game, the Jet Squiffer????

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

I have like 15 reasons I could list why I should hate moray towers, but the truth is I like it :ohdear:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

For some reason you could only do so if you were playing with friends during the pre-release Splatfest. I hope they patch it in for everything.

I miss Squid Jump too. I think Marie even says she misses it during the campaign.

You can do it in league mode too. Seems like it's only for the "queue up with friends" modes

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Kirios posted:

Is the Flingza Roller any good? I'm level 22 and I'm thinking about maining it.

I haven't been able to make it click, feels like it brings together the worst aspects of the carbon and dynamo rollers

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Why, in rainmaker, when you're winning and have the rainmaker and time is nearly up, do the people holding the rainmaker insist on charging into the enemy and dying, giving them the rainmaker and a potential overtime win.

Just loving hang back till the time expires.

bacalou
Mar 21, 2013

man I'm getting sick of Aerospray MG. 1v1 is fine but I had a match against 4 of them last night and it was a never-ending special chain.

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013

bizarre deformity posted:

When are they gonna bring back my go-to weapon from the first game, the Jet Squiffer????

For reeeeal. I miss the squiffer.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

bizarre deformity posted:

The Jet... Squiffer? Oh, you mean the regular Squiffer. Eh, I guess it'll come back at one point. They did bring the Dual Squelcher back, although modified.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

bacalou posted:

man I'm getting sick of Aerospray MG. 1v1 is fine but I had a match against 4 of them last night and it was a never-ending special chain.

Usually those fools don't realize you can shoot during the special so they are an easy kill during it

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Rexroom posted:

The Jet... Squiffer? Oh, you mean the regular Squiffer. Eh, I guess it'll come back at one point. They did bring the Dual Squelcher back, although modified.

I meant the New Squiffer, or whatever. I was confusing the name with Jet Squelcher!!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Frankston posted:

Why, in rainmaker, when you're winning and have the rainmaker and time is nearly up, do the people holding the rainmaker insist on charging into the enemy and dying, giving them the rainmaker and a potential overtime win.

Just loving hang back till the time expires.

It is more satisfying and worth more points to slam the fucker down on the platform than to have a safe win.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

dragon enthusiast posted:

I haven't been able to make it click, feels like it brings together the worst aspects of the carbon and dynamo rollers

I kinda feel the opposite but I worry my opinion will change once I use it in practice.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Rainmaker on a tiny stage is a good way to rack up 10 straight wins in about 15 minutes.

bacalou
Mar 21, 2013

tap my mountain posted:

Usually those fools don't realize you can shoot during the special so they are an easy kill during it

agreed, as I said 1v1 is fine but with 4 people throwing out that crap it's almost impossible to cover for a team of randos

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Connection Error on the Game! screen FFFFFFFFFFFF-

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Splattershot jr is my jam so far in ranked. Granted I'm still slumming it up in the C's, but the ink armor, decent rof/damage, and solid secondary seem really drat good in splatzone and whatever the other one is that's not rainmaker... considering I haven't played rainmaker yet.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

dog nougat posted:

Splattershot jr is my jam so far in ranked. Granted I'm still slumming it up in the C's, but the ink armor, decent rof/damage, and solid secondary seem really drat good in splatzone and whatever the other one is that's not rainmaker... considering I haven't played rainmaker yet.

It is actually a really good kit that lets you hunt kills well while providing your team with support. Ink Armor real good.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Escobarbarian posted:

Connection Error on the Game! screen FFFFFFFFFFFF-

Glad to hear it's not just me, it ate up the last 3 charges from my 2x coin food

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 2, 2017

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Bill Barber posted:

Same. I play Splatoon, the kid arena ink shooting video game on Nintendo, for the engrossing story.

Please stop posting

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

The Mattybee posted:

Please stop posting
The final boss is a giant octopus DJ, which ironically enough, is the same final boss as Splatoon 1.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
haha... look at these absolute fools Caring, while i, the cool and aloof guy, do Not

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Commitment to spoiling the plot of a children's game is probably one of the dumbest hills I've seen goons die on.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Pearl and Marina push the witch in the oven!

There have always been occasional people on this website who get weird about wanting to spoil things for people, such as when people used to buy spoiler ads for Harry Potter books.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Bill Barber posted:

The final boss is a giant octopus DJ, which ironically enough, is the same final boss as Splatoon 1.

ok, but stop posting

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Bill Barber posted:

Just a reminder that nobody played Splatoon 1 because nobody bought a Wii U.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
That's a shame because so many people missed out on getting mad about dogs and cats.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

grand theft grotto posted:

That's a shame because so many people missed out on getting mad about dogs and cats.

i think zolthorg had everyone who missed out covered

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Bill Barber posted:

Please stop posting

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

3/4ths of the squidposts in my square were about furries. Is there a way to shoo these particular people out of my lobby?

And why isn't there an unfresh rating? Some of these motherfuckers are stale as subway bread, get out of here with that poo poo.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Cicadas! posted:

3/4ths of the squidposts in my square were about furries. Is there a way to shoo these particular people out of my lobby?

And why isn't there an unfresh rating? Some of these motherfuckers are stale as subway bread, get out of here with that poo poo.

:same:

Seems like the majority of poo poo is either furry stuff, anime poo poo, or SpongeBob/swuidward for some reason.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

absolutely anything posted:

i think zolthorg had everyone who missed out covered

That was the absolute best part about Splatfest.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Internet Kraken posted:

Commitment to spoiling the plot of a children's game is probably one of the dumbest hills I've seen goons die on.

Sure but so is commitment to getting pissy at people who spoil a children's game on a forum populated by adults so

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm amazed that the concept of "Don't Spoil things from a new game's story even if simplistic" is something that's actually...debatable here. Is it that hard to not be a psychopath?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Bill Barber posted:

Please stop posting.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Kirios posted:

I'm amazed that the concept of "Don't Spoil things from a new game's story even if simplistic" is something that's actually...debatable here. Is it that hard to not be a psychopath?

"Psychopath"? Seriously? They're just spoilers for a children's video game.

I mean it sucks to have things spoiled, but come on.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Aug 2, 2017

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Don't spoil things for people, IMO, even if it's a children's game and even if you think it's something that's obvious.

Let people have their fun, man.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Basically, just be decent to others

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004
I like how sunken scroll #20 implies that the earth is on (at least) a 25-hour day. The internet suggests that the earth's rotation slows an average of 20μs each year. A 25 hour day would take around 180,000,000 years to occur without any additional influence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
I hope we eventually see battle stages with Bounce Pads. I can imagine that getting pretty hilarious / chaotic