Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
al-azad
May 28, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

I think the Persona games are good RPGs and don't see the appeal in turning them into fighting and rhythm games.

Atlus was smart and made P4A a visual novel with occasional fight scenes using an established system from a good developer but made even more casual and easy by basically automating combos and poo poo. It is the most I've played a fighting game since Street Fighter 2 Whatever Version on SNES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

whispering so no one can hear: i don't like the crash meme

mamma mia

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, after 110 hours I FINALLY beat Persona 5. I really really liked it and honestly am still sorry to see it end but I can FINALLY move on to something else.

What should I play next: Horizon, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Pyre, Breathe of the Wild or one of the many other options I have? I'm leaning towards Horizon because right now where I'm staying pretty much has a small movie screen and Horizon seems like it's been awe inspiring on that.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

LawfulWaffle posted:

We have a name in mind (from a video game character, natch) but nothing's set in stone yet. I'll take suggestions for names for a baby boy. We've got about 6 weeks to mull them over.

Late to the party but congrats and I approve, Aeris is a good name. :rimshot:

As for boys, Gerald might work.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

glam rock hamhock posted:

Holy poo poo, after 110 hours I FINALLY beat Persona 5. I really really liked it and honestly am still sorry to see it end but I can FINALLY move on to something else.

What should I play next: Horizon, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Pyre, Breathe of the Wild or one of the many other options I have? I'm leaning towards Horizon because right now where I'm staying pretty much has a small movie screen and Horizon seems like it's been awe inspiring on that.

Not Rise of Tombraider, anyway

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Do you want to take a breather with a shorter game or dive right back into another 100 hour epic? Tomb Raider and Pyre are at the short end of the scale, Horizon in the middle, BOTW long.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
Shadow of Mordor is a really cathartic game. I like sitting back and listening to the orcs talking about their day before I shank them one by one. Sometimes I let them live just cause it's that guy's lucky day.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

Not Rise of Tombraider, anyway

I know people here are down on it but the reboot was one of my favorite games last gen, so I've been looking forward to it despite some goon hate.

haveblue posted:

Do you want to take a breather with a shorter game or dive right back into another 100 hour epic? Tomb Raider and Pyre are at the short end of the scale, Horizon in the middle, BOTW long.

Yeah, I was also leaning towards Pyre because I knew it'd be shorter and it's nice to play games when they're brand new movies

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

I know people here are down on it but the reboot was one of my favorite games last gen, so I've been looking forward to it despite some goon hate.

Yeah, I was also leaning towards Pyre because I knew it'd be shorter and it's nice to play games when they're brand new movies

It's not nearly as good as the reboot

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I thought it was fun

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Rise of the Tomb Raider is pretty much an improvement on TR2013 in every way except the story, which is much weaker and doesn't really go anywhere. If you like the general flow of raiding tombs, platforming and no-scoping fools with the bow then you'll still have a good time. If you got the $$ then it's still probably the prettiest single game on PC.

The Endurance Mode DLC if you have it adds a little replay value and is definitely worth checking out also.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Horizon is prettier than Rise unless you have a super beefy PC and even then I think Horizon's art design still puts it over the top. It has better bow mechanics and combat and story and...

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Yeah Horizon is super ownzone compared to Rise and like 99% of all other vidya.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I don't know many people who are "down" on it. I have yet to see anyone who says it just outright sucks. It's just not as good as the first one, but it's still a solid game. Rise is still worth at least one playthru.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I'm glad Naughty Dog basically decided to just straight-up copy+paste Tomb Raider even more than they usually do because it means more Tomb Raider at the end of this month!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

exquisite tea posted:

I'm glad Naughty Dog basically decided to just straight-up copy+paste Tomb Raider even more than they usually do because it means more Tomb Raider at the end of this month!

Drawing a blank. Is the DLC for UC4 near the end of this month? I haven't had time to notice if it actually got a release date.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Why did Doom drop from $60 to $30? Not that I'm complaining cause now I can afford it but it doesn't seem like it's been out that long

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shindragon posted:

I don't know many people who are "down" on it. I have yet to see anyone who says it just outright sucks. It's just not as good as the first one, but it's still a solid game. Rise is still worth at least one playthru.

I'll say it sucks

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

In Training posted:

I'll say it sucks

You don't count.

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Why did Doom drop from $60 to $30? Not that I'm complaining cause now I can afford it but it doesn't seem like it's been out that long

It's been out for over a year, a price drop after that long isn't ridiculous

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Pyre is really, really fantastic and probably just what the Dr. ordered after P5. I think it's pretty short, I've been playing it for the past 2 days and I think I'm very near the end.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

Rise of the Tomb Raider is pretty much an improvement on TR2013 in every way except the story

The controls are worse than TR2013, somehow. I don't know if they switched engines or were just super incompetent but Rise feels way more "floaty". And that was before I even played Horizon so I don't think I had just been spoiled.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Doom has seemed to be almost permanently on sale since it's been released. It's right up there with Shadow of Mordor for "I can't believe not everybody on earth owns this game already."

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
https://steamcommunity.com/app/6910/discussions/0/613936673444809191/

How much of this should I do if I have a cd copy of Deus Ex instead of through Steam?

e: never mind, I got it figured out.

Olive! fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Aug 2, 2017

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Bethesda has enough business sense to permanently discount their games. Doom was $20 by black Friday last year, if not earlier, so who the hell expects to sell anything at $60 after that just drop it to $30. See Dishonored 2 which is $40.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

I'm about to finish Tales of Berseria and its a really good game but all these sidequests that give absolutely nothing useful are starting to piss me off

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I've done what I've always done with JRPGs and just kinda stopped during the final dungeon of Persona 5

I should really hop back on that horse

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Alternate costumes are very useful

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Shindragon posted:

Drawing a blank. Is the DLC for UC4 near the end of this month? I haven't had time to notice if it actually got a release date.

uncharted but with women comes out soon and i had no idea until an ad on twitch

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
these days if your game doesn't have some kind of dress up element than you can gently caress right off

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

babypolis posted:

I'm about to finish Tales of Berseria and its a really good game but all these sidequests that give absolutely nothing useful are starting to piss me off

get used to it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Looper posted:

these days if your game doesn't have some kind of dress up element than you can gently caress right off

If it had one flaw, I was sad that Horizon's gearing system wasn't that robust. There was no reason to really focus on more than one or two outfits, I hoarded bunches and bunches of useless mods, and the cool armor only unlocks right before the end of the game

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
PSA: If you preorder Sonic Mania on PS4 you get three themes, but they're all static and use the default PS4 dashboard music. Very disappointing.

In other news, there's a demo for Shadow Tactics

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

grieving for Gandalf posted:

uncharted but with women comes out soon and i had no idea until an ad on twitch

Dude the Tomb Raider reboot came out in like 2013.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Dude the Tomb Raider reboot came out in like 2013.

That's women, plural

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

LawfulWaffle posted:

PSA: If you preorder Sonic Mania on PS4 you get three themes, but they're all static and use the default PS4 dashboard music. Very disappointing.

In other news, there's a demo for Shadow Tactics

The Shadow the Hedgehog XCOM-like??

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That's women, plural

The sequel DLC had a sidequest with Ashley Burch in it

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Honestly the best argument I've seen against playing tomb raider right now is that Uncharted thing that's coming out because I'll probably wanna play that on launch and it'd be better to distance a game that similar to it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Raviolink

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Ravioli ravioli give me the Triforcoli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I got called a loving human being while playing an online game. Someone please console me

• Locked thread