Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I'm going to buy a bunch of Normandy veggies and protein powder at CostCo, soon I hope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I'm going through almost a bag of normandy veggies a week right now. My poops are easy peazy. :grin:

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

The Normandy veggies seem like they would be pretty bland. It's just broccoli/cauliflower/carrots, right? Do you jazz em up a bit or what

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mons Hubris posted:

The Normandy veggies seem like they would be pretty bland. It's just broccoli/cauliflower/carrots, right? Do you jazz em up a bit or what

yeah usually hot sauce and some parm.

or some of that kirkland minced garlic.

or of course some Tony Chacheres Creole Seasoning

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Mons Hubris posted:

I toss em with a little vinegar, either balsamic or malt or whatever's on hand. I really like vinegar though.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
The possibilities are endless with kirkland signature normandy veggies

A lil' bit of oregano 'n basil + balsimic vinegar = italian deliciousness

A lil' bit of cumin 'n chili powder + bbq sauce = southern deliciousness

A lil' bit of ginger 'n teriyaki sauce = asian deliciousness

A lil' bit of curry powder 'n garam masala = indian deliciousness

Your imagination is the limit!

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
Is everyone aware that you don't need a membership to use the food courts, even the indoor food courts?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Why wouldn't you have a membership though? That is crazy talk.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

You don't even need a Costco membership to breath air but I see no point in doing one and not the other.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Grem posted:

You don't even need a Costco membership to breath air but I see no point in doing one and not the other.

Truth.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

My Costco membership turned 11 this year.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

As to you sample poo-pooers, my dudes... The amount of stuff I never would have looked twice were it not for those samples. Especially school snacks. They're worth tolerating for the net good they do, even for all the land pigs you need to circumnavigate to get to them.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Socks4Hands posted:

Is everyone aware that you don't need a membership to use the food courts, even the indoor food courts?

There aren't many, but some Costco locations are much stricter on showing your membership card upon entry than others. In my personal experience, they are really only strict in locations where there are potentially a lot of homeless dudes.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Just bought a pack of the Amylu chicken andouille sausages based on a free sample. Can't wait to dig into those.

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su

FogHelmut posted:

Trader Joe's sauerkraut. Drained, rinsed, lightly seasoned with celery seed, thyme, paprika, black pepper, and some brown sugar. Mix with a beer.

Brown the bratwursts in a pan with bacon fat. Don't worry about cooking them through. Add sauerkraut beer mixture. Simmer until liquid is mostly reduced, about 15-20 minutes.

Alternate method - don't brown the brats, throw them in raw with the kraut. After simmering, remove and grill to get some color on them.

This guy eats.

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su
Went to Micro Center yesterday, and when I was checking out I asked how much they were selling the 256GB USB sticks for. Dude told me $70 something. When I balked, he mentioned that Costco had them for $40 something. Employees of rival companies must still bend the knee to Costco.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

If any of you lurkers are reading the thread and do not have a Costco membership yet, you are in luck because Groupon has an amazing deal on one!

https://www.groupon.com/deals/grpn-costco-membership-731-fresno

For the $60 membership fee you'll get:
  • $20 Costco Cash Card
  • Exclusive coupons for three free Kirkland Signature (TM) products ($35.63 value*)
  • Free Paper Towels Create-a-Size 12/160 ct ($15.69 value)
  • Free VitaRain Zero Flavored Water 24/20 oz bottles ($9.99 value)
  • Free Food Court Whole Pizza ($9.95 value)
  • $25 off an order of $250 on Costco.com
  • $75 Costco Cash Card toward Costco Travel to the Caribbean, Costa Rica, Europe, Hawaii, Mexico, or the South Pacific (excludes cruises)
  • It includes a membership card for the primary cardholder as well as one free household card

New members only sadly

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FCKGW posted:

If any of you lurkers are reading the thread and do not have a Costco membership yet, you are in luck because Groupon has an amazing deal on one!

https://www.groupon.com/deals/grpn-costco-membership-731-fresno

For the $60 membership fee you'll get:
  • $20 Costco Cash Card
  • Exclusive coupons for three free Kirkland Signature (TM) products ($35.63 value*)
  • Free Paper Towels Create-a-Size 12/160 ct ($15.69 value)
  • Free VitaRain Zero Flavored Water 24/20 oz bottles ($9.99 value)
  • Free Food Court Whole Pizza ($9.95 value)
  • $25 off an order of $250 on Costco.com
  • $75 Costco Cash Card toward Costco Travel to the Caribbean, Costa Rica, Europe, Hawaii, Mexico, or the South Pacific (excludes cruises)
  • It includes a membership card for the primary cardholder as well as one free household card

New members only sadly

holy motherfuck thats an insane deal

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So I suggested that Costco membership to my folks, and turns out they have a sams club membership. Instead of instantly telling them to gently caress off with that, I actually did some research. There are lots of tradeoffs, but the most important thing is definitely the food court. Does this look familiar to any of you?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Scornful Sexbot posted:

So I suggested that Costco membership to my folks, and turns out they have a sams club membership. Instead of instantly telling them to gently caress off with that, I actually did some research. There are lots of tradeoffs, but the most important thing is definitely the food court. Does this look familiar to any of you?

Costco's stuff is pretty high quality. Sam's Club is Walmart in bulk. gently caress that.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Citizen Tayne posted:

Costco's stuff is pretty high quality. Sam's Club is Walmart in bulk. gently caress that.
This

Sams club is garbage and payss+treats workers like absolute poo poo and it shows in how awful their stores and quality are too. almost yearly there's articles about how costco is running circles around walmart-sams with lower prices still despite paying/comping their workers 200% more

support costco

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Scornful Sexbot posted:

Looks to me like some pieces of poo poo from Arkansas are incapable of coming up with their own ideas.

Death to the Walton Empire, PBUC

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I bet that pizza loving sucks, like the poo poo you had in the cafeteria in grade school

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Scornful Sexbot posted:

lets see some photos of the actual food

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Even the pictures, airbrushed and food-styled, don't look as good as Costco's offerings c'mon son

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Also a $1.50 dog without the drink is just shameful though.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
drat you cook county

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Whoa Fresno doing one good thing in its existence, giving Costco blessings.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Scornful Sexbot posted:

I love that they decided to go for the plural in Sandwich Favorites

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Go with the Polish. It's like the hot dog flavor turned up to 11.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Kirkland brand bacon is almost flavorless. The thick cut is good though.

I like the bacon, I don't have to dig through piles and piles of packs of bacon to find ones that aren't 99% fat. Every slice in the package is legit quality. Also its something like $3? a pound, which is like half the grocery store price.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

We're grilling Mariners dogs from the co for late lunch, they are good and one will feed anyone but George RR Martin.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I went today and got gas, the dog before shopping as people recommended, and some needed clothing. If anyone is on the fence and considering that Groupon deal, do it; I want to get a second ID to get that deal goddamn.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

FogHelmut posted:

Go with the Polish. It's like the hot dog flavor turned up to 11.

I like the bacon, I don't have to dig through piles and piles of packs of bacon to find ones that aren't 99% fat. Every slice in the package is legit quality. Also its something like $3? a pound, which is like half the grocery store price.

Polish all day every day, but the Kirkland bacon is 100% fat. Maybe the thick cut is better, but I've stopped buying the regular because it was so bad.

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
What happens if I don't stop for the receipt checker at the door? I mean, I'm sure it says in my membership agreement that I have to let them check. But what would they physically do about it? They aren't cops, they can't hold me there, and I don't have to tell them who I am. I guess they could take my picture and post it on some wall of undesirables... now, I'm not gonna actually do this because what would be the point, but I'm curious how the employees are told to respond to this.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

JewKiller 3000 posted:

What happens if I don't stop for the receipt checker at the door? I mean, I'm sure it says in my membership agreement that I have to let them check. But what would they physically do about it? They aren't cops, they can't hold me there, and I don't have to tell them who I am. I guess they could take my picture and post it on some wall of undesirables... now, I'm not gonna actually do this because what would be the point, but I'm curious how the employees are told to respond to this.

They call the cops and you get arrested.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

They call the cops and you get arrested.
no, they will not. they will take matters into their own hands., there are far more punishments you will receive

you will be excommunicated from the church of costco. truly a fate worse than even death can bring

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
You would never get arrested if you didn’t steal. You might be told not to return though under threat of trespassing charges.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I asked the manager once and he said they literally call the cops, revoke your membership and send you to the pokey.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Chiming in to say that the Kirkland brand 100% maple syrup is incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Scornful Sexbot posted:

The drink is half the cost of the dog/soda at Costco and the dog is the same price. You're paying ~1.5 times as much there and that's grounds for murder.