Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

In Training posted:

I don't miss the supers from 1 in the slightest

_____ Rushes are still here (yeah I know it's technically different) and it's still lame, and I wish it was gone too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

pokeyman posted:

What specials were op in 1? A well-aimed close range inkzooka was a ohko I guess, but they were rarely well-aimed. Kraken is easy enough to get away from, falls through grates, can be pushed around, and if the eliter's head is glowing with a ready kraken you could just... not jump right on top of them?

Kraken, bubbler, and inkzooka are "gently caress you" panic buttons with little counterplay. Like, it doesn't matter how advantageous your position is, as long as that Eliter's got glowing hair, you're gonna be ducking and dodging an invincible squid until it burns out. It's not great design.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kraken was definitely the worst and I think baller makes for a fine non-cheap replacement. I snuck up and wiped a team with it today.:cool:

Do any weapons in the game currently use the bubble blower? I haven't seen it once yet at level 21.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Yeah with the Baller, you can actually burst the ball which will end up wasting the special. (Don't bother if they're detonating it, the Baller is invincible in that state.) It's far more fair than the Kraken was.

Ink Armor is really strong, but a few things prevent it from being a reliable panic button. Using it stops your Inking from doing anything for a brief moment, and there's a delay before the effect sets in.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Kraken was definitely the worst and I think baller makes for a fine non-cheap replacement. I snuck up and wiped a team with it today.:cool:

Do any weapons in the game currently use the bubble blower? I haven't seen it once yet at level 21.

It's an unreleased special.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Weird. I wonder why they're holding back on that and brellas.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Counterpoint: The kraken looked awesome while the baller looks dumb and lame.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I disagree. Suicide bomber hamster wheel is much cooler than slightly bigger pointier squid.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

gettin real tired of aerosprays and nzaps

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Having a gold aerospray exacerbates the issue because people want to used gold weapons.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Can’t remember the last time I was glad to see an aerospray on my team.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

pokeyman posted:

Can’t remember the last time I was glad to see an aerospray on my team.

The last time you played turf war probably

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I just unlocked the Flingza Roller. It looks... interesting? I want to try it out tomorrow.

I also, briefly, hit Super Fresh for the first time with my trusty Tri-Slosher! That felt good.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Fetus posted:

It's an unreleased special.

It's a special? I assumed it was a regular weapon, however I'd have no idea how it worked. Sorta like mini pufferfish from single player.

e - huh, so it is a special. And all on guns I wouldn't touch mostly, save for one Splattershot.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Aug 3, 2017

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

In Training posted:

The last time you played turf war probably

I was playing matches with an Aerospray-user who kept getting <500 points each match and I just couldn't understand how someone could be that bad

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I've hit superfresh on the inkbrush, octobrush, and hero brush. Dunno what to try next. The carbon roller is fun and kind of a psuedo-brush but I'm so bad with it...

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Aug 3, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Are freshness scores not a thing in ranked now? That sucks.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I have no shame definitely running the AEROSPRAY for the Ketchup war.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Please check your maps in rainmaker people.

Getting annoyed with painting one of the backpaths every match, and while the opposing team ignores it for the most part and that's nice, my own team ignores it too, costing us a bunch of wins.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Which one is the 25 rank? I was at 24.5 and then lost 2 in a row and dropped all the way down to 19. Brutal.

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004
I barely started building rank in Rainmaker and just had a match in The Reef where I was leading the Rainmaker carrier up the final ramp, inked the podium to the left, and continued up the ramp to hold off spawning opponents while the carrier dunks it. I saw a glow in the corner of the screen and turned to see the idiot following me so I quickly squidded back to the podium and gave it hefty seabagging while the carrier slowly realized he's playing Rainmaker and dunked it. I can't wait to skip C entirely once this bar fills.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Some maps are too small for Rainmaker.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

The Reef is awful about it.

It's worse when your team is trying to rush the rainmaker up the middle.

It's just plain demoralizing when you lose to a guy calling himself PENCE#MAGA because of it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The reef is my favorite level

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
At what rank does Ranked matches make more money than turf war?

Not a Children posted:

It's just plain demoralizing when you lose to a guy calling himself PENCE#MAGA because of it

I've played Salmon Run with PRES TRUMP multiple times and let me tell you, he's not that good at it.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

In Training posted:

The reef is my favorite level

It's ok. But it's terrible for Rainmaker.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I seem to be getting communication problems pretty often, I've been warned a lot about suspicious disconnections and I guess they're gonna ban me soon

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Short rainmaker levels like Art and Main Stage rule cause you can win in 12 seconds and farm xp and cash while doing it.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

LethalGeek posted:

They had to nerf the inkzooka 3-4 times to get it so it wasn't a gently caress you I win button like it was for the longest time. I used to be a terror with that thing.

Still didnt stop it in the slightest. splatzones on saltspray rig was a bloodbath with them with 3 chokepoints, and people always thinking they're safe on the ledges, when the inkzooka said otherwise.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Not a Children posted:

Nintendo was right to restrict voice chat.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I decided to try and actually use the aerospray to do some cool down matches and had to switch off immediately because it felt like cheating

they should change these weapons...but I'll succumb to the dark side all day Saturday to defend mayonnaise

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm the gootuber with 0 kills and 5 deaths.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
My favorite part of Rainmaker in The Reef is when the opposing team pushes up your narrow alleyway, and when your teammate takes the rainmaker back they try to force it back through the alleyway instead of jumping down to the wide open main area and pushing the opponent's counter back

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Friendly reminder that if you suck at splatoon the best way to support your side this splatfest is not to play.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

There's no ranked so it's going to get really raw. I wonder if there's going to be murderers row mayo S+ ranked mayo apologists.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

At what rank does Ranked matches make more money than turf war?

By about B-, you should be getting more money than Turf nearly every time

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Accidental Double post I'm an idiot.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Really how do you do well with the carbon roller? Can't figure out why I always get such a low turf score with it.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
How do I interpret weapon stats?

For example, I was just in test mode trying the first three rollers you have access to. One if them splatted the test balloons with one touch, the others bounced off and needed a second hit.

Yet, in a normal game, one of the rollers which had been requiring two hits to pop a balloon consistently splats other players in one hit.

What's up with that?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The only roller I know that requires two hits is the Carbon Roller, and if you're getting one-shots with it on touch, it's because they had already taken damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

How do I interpret weapon stats?

For example, I was just in test mode trying the first three rollers you have access to. One if them splatted the test balloons with one touch, the others bounced off and needed a second hit.

Yet, in a normal game, one of the rollers which had been requiring two hits to pop a balloon consistently splats other players in one hit.

What's up with that?

Inklings and the balloons only have 100 HP, so if you can deal more than that, they'll get splatted.

Also how are you splatting with the rollers? If you're using the flick, you might've been missing the test balloons.

Alternatively, those Inklings already took damage.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Aug 3, 2017