Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Salmon Run is back! (for EU at least, don't know if it's the same worldwide)

We got Dualie Squelchers, Slosher, Splat Charger, and a blaster or gal I dunno

e: 52 gal

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Aug 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Atoramos posted:

The MMR in Turf War seems really bad which is one of the few reasons I've been avoiding it.

I don't know if there even is a matchmaking system in place. I'm just wondering if 8 random people are just tossed into a room.

I use it to practice with new weapons with little pressure. It's handy for that. And most of the time, only the last part of a Turf Wars match matters anyway.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I really don't care about my MMR/rank but I play Ranked almost all of the time because I think Zones/Tower/Rainmaker are more varied and fun gametypes, I just try to Care as little as I can about my placement

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

Salmon Run is back! (for EU at least, don't know if it's the same worldwide)

We got Dualie Squelchers, Slosher, Splat Charger, and a blaster or gal I dunno

Remember if you roll over a ledge with the Dualies that you instantly hit the ground.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Cat Machine posted:

I just try to Care as little as I can about my placement

I wish there was an option to hide that stupid orange bar and rank letters

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Does anybody have a link on hand to the guy who had a meltdown about splatfest math

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
High tide at Spawning Groubds is the fuckin devil

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

heck yeah 84 eggs

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I haven't played SR past the first super bonus each rotation. Do the rewards from bonuses get larger or do they just repeat

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lakbay posted:

I haven't played SR past the first super bonus each rotation. Do the rewards from bonuses get larger or do they just repeat

They're just more of the same general pool.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

So I stink at ranked and I'm bored with long bouts of Turf War. What's the best way to get into SR with other goons now. Still the discord?

I have literally not played a single round of SR past the tutorial so I will stink at it too, make no mistake.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They basically repeat and tap out at 1200

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Thanks, still no reason to play past the first super bonus of the day for me then, it's the best horde mode I've played but I can't play it constantly like ranked without getting fatigued for some reason

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Can I join friends without the app? Is it just for the voice chat?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yes and yes.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The app is actually for the SplatNet Gear Shop which has clothes with different main abilities than the ones in-game and also your player statistics

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

In Training posted:

Does anybody have a link on hand to the guy who had a meltdown about splatfest math

You mean this one?

zolthorg posted:

Can't believe people are still defending votefest and the design of it and using my being mad at video games as an excuse for apathy or dignation

Here are the results of the 3 splatfests that went on since the matchmaking bugfix:
J2 - 67 Popularity beats 33, 6% win difference in the losing team's favor
NA1 - 62 Popularity beats 38, 2% win difference in the losing team's favor
EU1 - 67 Popularity beats 33, 6% win difference in the losing team's favor

if your win percentage difference was multiplied by 5 all three of the losing teams would still have lost
67 > 63, 62 > 48, 67 > 63

I'm talking about just giving two of those teams 30 points from win percentages, pretending they have a 15% differential by the current algorithm, which is a 42.5 to 57.5 winrate split. And they would STILL lose because the algorithm ridiculously heavily favors votes.

Splatfest should immediately move to a system that rewards you 3 separate bonuses: One for team rank, one for team winrate, and one for team popularity, otherwise if you have the audacity to pick a team before the end of the 2-3 day preamble and pick the losing team, you have a low incentive to play.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Lakbay posted:

The app is actually for the SplatNet Gear Shop which has clothes with different main abilities than the ones in-game

nope, that was a bug that they patched (and reverted all clothes)

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Atoramos posted:

That's not quite right: The online store sells gears that have a different abilities you'd find at the square. The bug in question was that the abilities were different what was presented in some cases. Now you get what you ordered from the store.

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
The Nintendo Switch Online app also has a good deal of Splatoon 2 related info about stages and equipment and poo poo but you can't buy clothes from it.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Atoramos posted:

The MMR in Turf War seems really bad which is one of the few reasons I've been avoiding it.

The what? I don't know what MMR means in this context.

Turf War is a nice way to chill, try out different weapons and strategies, and make some extra EXP and gold.

Atoramos posted:

You can still get gear with different main abilities than what you find in the stores. What got patched was slot-locked abilities showing up on the wrong equipment. For instance, no more Ninja Squid on hats, or whatever. There have been a couple hats with Tenacity that don't normally have Tenacity, and a desert camo hoodie with Ninja Squid.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Atoramos posted:

There were some bugs, but its still intended to have some differences.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Atoramos posted:

I don't know how people are still confused about this, most everything Annie sells has a nonstandard main ability, you could check this at any time!

The issue was with mains showing up on clothing types that they shouldn't. Ninja Squid should only appear on chests, but it was popping up on footwear and headgear. Stealth Jump is exclusive to footwear, but it was appearing on headgear and chests. It's important because the developers clearly want you to have to make a choice on these abilities: you can only ever take Drop Roller OR Stealth Jump, they're both exclusive to footwear.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

lol Callie keeps putting on the glasses when you revisit the final boss.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

rogue wave posted:

but you can't buy clothes from it.

Press the shopping bag icon on the top right of the 2nd tab of the app or Annie's blurb (um...please buy something) near the bottom of the same tab

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Aug 3, 2017

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
re: Aerosprays, people using them are really easy to kill. They are fun to ink with though.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Atoramos posted:

No, they fixed the glitch where you could get gear that had incompatible abilities, such as shoe exclusive gear on a hat. You can still buy gear with different main abilities, I bought an inkfall shirt that had run speed up, replacing the respawn punisher shirt I bought in game

Edit: hella beat on this one

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
Welp, I made it to Over-achiever in Salmon Run and lost my first four shifts, probably one more loss from busting back down to Go-getter.

First shift got a Goldie fountain thing and no one knew what to do, we got like 2 eggs that wave. Second shift got the Mother-ship and fell short of the quota. Third shift I loving choked as the last survivor and couldn't revive teammates floating right next to as I hopped around like a fool with no ink in my charger before dying. Fourth shift we got Goldie again and we missed the quota by 1.

Does the Mother ship immediately steal eggs once it latches on to the basket or is there still a second to knock it off with no losses?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Deltron 3030 posted:

Does the Mother ship immediately steal eggs once it latches on to the basket or is there still a second to knock it off with no losses?

You have a couple of seconds to dislodge it before it starts draining eggs.

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

Lakbay posted:

Press the shopping bag icon on the top right of the 2nd tab of the app or Annie's blurb (um...please buy something) near the bottom of the same tab

Wait, is this literally the splatnet app, or is there a different one too? You are blowing my mind. Also, SR is confirmed back in the US as well. It's live until 7 am tomorrow.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You have a couple of seconds to dislodge it before it starts draining eggs.

And shooting it with the stingray on the way in causes it to drop eggs. If you happen to have mothership wave 3 and both stingray charges, you will get a 30+ egg round.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

rogue wave posted:

Wait, is this literally the splatnet app, or is there a different one too? You are blowing my mind. Also, SR is confirmed back in the US as well. It's live until 7 am tomorrow.

The Nintendo Switch Online app literally is Splatnet 2

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

Niiiiice

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Silver Falcon posted:

The what? I don't know what MMR means in this context.

There doesn't seem to be any kind of matchmaking in place. And I'm totally fine with Turf War being the casual chill mode, and enjoy it for that reason, but sometimes it feels bad to have two level 1 players on your team (or dominate a team of lowbies). It doesn't seem to attempt to balance the teams on any meaningful metric.

Also apparently I was very wrong about how the app worked, so there's that

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
so what's the R stand for

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Rexroom posted:

You mean this one?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ugh, I had a terrible session of Turf Wars yesterday evening. Pretty much everyone was using the loving Aerospray and there kept on being at least one person who was level 20 or above on the other team, including one guy who I swear was loving psychic because he kept knowing where I was when I tried to escape in squid mode even though I have a shirt with Ninja Squid.

...In retrospect he probably had an gun item with thermal ink, which I just now remembered is a thing.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 3, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
That one S+ streamer that was linked here used a thermal ink chest piece so probably

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

lelandjs posted:

Ugh, I had a terrible session of Turf Wars yesterday evening. Pretty much everyone was using the loving Aerospray and there kept on being at least one person who was level 20 or above on the other team, including one guy who I swear was loving psychic because he kept knowing where I was when I tried to escape in squid mode even though I have a shirt with Ninja Squid.

...In retrospect he probably had a gun with thermal ink, which I just now remembered is a thing.

No I'm just really good and using the Aerospray is about mobility. I was practicing for the Splatfest. Did you ever play against GarbageBoy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Destiny app spoiled me, I wish I could see my inventory gear from the app cause I'm sitting here sweating over store purchases.