Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

lelandjs posted:

Ugh, I had a terrible session of Turf Wars yesterday evening. Pretty much everyone was using the loving Aerospray and there kept on being at least one person who was level 20 or above on the other team, including one guy who I swear was loving psychic because he kept knowing where I was when I tried to escape in squid mode even though I have a shirt with Ninja Squid.

...In retrospect he probably had an gun item with thermal ink, which I just now remembered is a thing.
When you've played long enough and know the maps you know everyone's options in a situation and you start to guess where they're going and can get that one wild shot to hit them behind cover and it feels sooooooo good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

JackDarko posted:

No I'm just really good and using the Aerospray is about mobility. I was practicing for the Splatfest. Did you ever play against GarbageBoy?

I did not, I can't remember the player's name specifically but I checked through my battles and none of them were GarbageBoy.

And yeah, the Aerospray by its lonesome isn't a great weapon, but when you have two people with it from or the high ground coordinating their attacks it's loving deadly. That really seemed to be the issue last night (and in general) with Turf Wars--when you have two people on a team moving and attacking together it usually spells out a curbstomp.

I'll try buddying up with someone from spawn and seeing if I have better luck tonight... and see if I can get a Thermal Ink clothing item because it seems like that's a crazy useful skill to have. I'm not sure I'd give up Ninja Squid for it, though, Ninja Squid is just too goddamn handy for hiding from and sneaking up on rollers/brushes/buckets.

[Edit: There's a down jacket with thermal ink on Splatnet right now :getin:]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Aug 3, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Thermal Ink seems Pro if you main a charger or splatling

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

^burtle posted:

Destiny app spoiled me, I wish I could see my inventory gear from the app cause I'm sitting here sweating over store purchases.

murch will let you choose which piece of gear you want to keep if you already have it, and app purchases are available instantly so you can just take out your phone and order something else if you want.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Afro posted:

murch will let you choose which piece of gear you want to keep if you already have it, and app purchases are available instantly so you can just take out your phone and order something else if you want.

Oh yeah, but I just got into work with 2 hours left on one piece and another on order already. :(

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

^burtle posted:

Oh yeah, but I just got into work with 2 hours left on one piece and another on order already. :(

not bringing your switch to work pfff amateur

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i dislike ketchup, and i think mayo is alright when its just a thin spread, so i guess i'm team mayo

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
They really hosed up but not having it be ketchup v mustard in the USA because I had to pick a second tier condiment instead of the best condiment.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I suspect it's not ketchup vs. mustard because it would be like 99% mustard vs. 1% ketchup in all regions of the world

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

spit on my clit posted:

i dislike ketchup, and i think mayo is alright when its just a thin spread, so i guess i'm team mayo

hell yeah

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

thanks for the dry heave bud

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Here's how Splatfest works;

First off, you will know when it starts; That bright sunny afternoon will turn into a thumping late-night party with fireworks and Off The Hook performing a song on a rooftop stage. All the levels are also early-evening variants, incidentally.

Ranked Mode and Salmon Run are suspended. It's all Turf War for the next 24 hours, with both wins and loses gradually increasing your Splatfest Rank. This works like Salmon Run's ranks, starting at [TOPIC CHOICE] Fanboy through to King/Queen. All the graffiti and artwork is also exclusively Splatfest-focused ones.

The final score is based on three categories; Popularity, Individual Wins, League Wins (ie; the premade teams). Winning each category is worth a point for that faction, so it's still possible for one side to sweep through with wins even if they weren't the popular one.

Sometimes you'll wind up facing your own faction because of player numbers. Win/lose isn't recorded for the Splatfest at-large, it's basically just a fun bit of Turf War so you're not sitting around hoping for a match against the vile forces of the other faction.

Finally; The Mayo-loving freaks are going to drown in blood...coloured ink as the majestic, and devilishly handsome, Ketchup Army claims victory over you pitiful weaklings :colbert:.

Those matches vs your own side are worthwhile though, since you still earn points toward your rank. Higher rank means more snails.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh man there's some Yeezys with Quick Super Jump in the store right now

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Super Jump to my death quicker

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thermal ink doesn't seem great for buckets because you either get the kill or you don't, people don't last long enough for it to make a difference

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
What is the optimum roller for carrying on rainmaker? I really like the splat roller, but I think carbon or octobrush might be better?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Lakbay posted:

Thermal Ink seems Pro if you main a charger or splatling

If you main a charger there shouldn't be an inkling to chase. I think thermal might work well with squelchers or splatlings where you do a lot of long range poke/area denial and are going to get incidental damage.

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
Why in the hell DON'T they make any attempt to match. It's ludicrous sometimes how teams are done up.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
They were doing a weapon a week, is there no new weapon this week? I was looking forward to that.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

JackDarko posted:

They were doing a weapon a week, is there no new weapon this week? I was looking forward to that.

Well, no new weapon. But we'll get a new stage during Splatfest.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rexroom posted:

Well, no new weapon. But we'll get a new stage during Splatfest.

From the sounds of it, it's just a sandbox map the devs can throw together every time a Splatfest rolls around. Probably even a sneaky testing template for an in-development map.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Escobarbarian posted:

Oh man there's some Yeezys with Quick Super Jump in the store right now

Yessss, now all I need is a pair of shutter shades and my transformation into Squid Kayne will be complete (I already have the Salmon-Pink Polo).

[Edit: oh wait you can't change your squid's skin color? this is bullshit nevermind, found it. Hell yes.]

[Edit 2: wait how the gently caress are shutter shades not a thing, guess it's regular sunglasses for SquidYe]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 3, 2017

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Seems like thermal in would work well with the brushes. Splatter some ink to tag them, then sneakily hunt them down.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

From the sounds of it, it's just a sandbox map the devs can throw together every time a Splatfest rolls around. Probably even a sneaky testing template for an in-development map.

Speaking of, when you approach the main stage, if you turn left you go to Grizzco, if you turn right you go to a dead end. I suspect that that dead end will be used for SOMETHING that they're plotting. That's too much space to just leave dead.

Is there a list somewhere of the clothes/hats/shoes that has both their main abilities and the abilities you get if you buy it off Splatnet?

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
Nothing beats that feeling of a bomb you threw popping after the bell.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

rogue wave posted:

Nothing beats that feeling of a bomb you threw popping after the bell.

Last-second InkStrike in Splatoon 1 :fap:. Especially if it swings a win.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Why do so many people have g&k in their usernames? Is this a thing, what is this thing?

I unlocked league but was sad when I learnt I had to have a friend to play that mode with.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Bean posted:

Speaking of, when you approach the main stage, if you turn left you go to Grizzco, if you turn right you go to a dead end. I suspect that that dead end will be used for SOMETHING that they're plotting. That's too much space to just leave dead.

Is there a list somewhere of the clothes/hats/shoes that has both their main abilities and the abilities you get if you buy it off Splatnet?

S1 had dead alleyways that go nowhere too

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I wish when you went back to Inkopolis Square, it would put you near whatever it was you just exited. More specifically, I hate exiting Salmon Run, only to have to walk all the way across the map to get my rewards.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I need a button to skip off the hook.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cicadas! posted:

A button, mashed repeatedly.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Cicadas! posted:

Leave your game running when you put your Switch to sleep

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
My account name has been "Shifty" ever since the release of Splatoon 2. It's going to be weird playing on a map called "Shifty Station" without acting like I own the place.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
My name is just "dzdzdzdzdz"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD-VbCWzWto

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Cicadas! posted:

I need a button to skip reading your posts

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

dragon enthusiast posted:

I need a button to skip reading your posts

We have that, it's the ignore feature.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

nerd_of_prey posted:

Why do so many people have g&k in their usernames? Is this a thing, what is this thing?

Some French YouTube gaming channel/couple. If someone has that in their name they're probably real bad

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

rogue wave posted:

Why in the hell DON'T they make any attempt to match. It's ludicrous sometimes how teams are done up.

They do but regional players + level/rank limits + everyone's running around with areosprays or tri sloshers and there is only so many options the computer has before being programed to go gently caress IT so people can get in a match.

For example they never will put 2 chargers/splatlings out of 8 people on the same team, they're almost always going to be opposite of each other.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Just played with the trislosher, this thing is ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.