Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Dr Cheeto posted:

The next hot meme to hit Splatoon's plaza posts is Crash Bandicoot you heard it here first

Actually I saw that woah meme the other day at the square, but this was in the European server so you get a free pass this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

The next hot meme to hit Splatoon's plaza posts is Crash Bandicoot you heard it here first

No its anime

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Knack 2, baby!

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Dr Cheeto posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O0gBrL4wzM

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
buckets are so goddamn overpowered right now. tri-slosher especially i feel like people can just vaguely aim in my general direction from miles away and still get an insta-kill.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

buckets are so goddamn overpowered right now. tri-slosher especially i feel like people can just vaguely aim in my general direction from miles away and still get an insta-kill.

It got to a point where I had to stop using the Tri Slosher because it was giving me bad habits. If you aim up with the trislosher, you can get an absurd range and hitting people from that range doesn't reduce the damage at all.

Either a damage fall off or a range nerf is needed. The octobrush seems equally stupid with it's range given how wide it's hitbox is.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think I've ever finished a game of profreshional

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

In Training posted:

I don't think I've ever finished a game of profreshional

Pubbies aren't too terrible, keep at it and you'll get it

Sometimes you just get plain unlucky with the mission types though.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Night Blade posted:

It got to a point where I had to stop using the Tri Slosher because it was giving me bad habits. If you aim up with the trislosher, you can get an absurd range and hitting people from that range doesn't reduce the damage at all.

Either a damage fall off or a range nerf is needed. The octobrush seems equally stupid with it's range given how wide it's hitbox is.

I think my octobrush is broken because I have to get right up in someone's face and then flail it around for about 5 seconds whilst hoping they don't move or shoot me before it kills them.

OTOH, enemies can just briefly flick theirs in my general direction and I'll die pretty much instantly. :v:

mutantmanifesto
Nov 6, 2004

Wilson: Why don't you buy your canes at a medical supply store like a normal cripple?
House: Fewer bitchin' choices.
Can someone link the discord?

I feel like an idiot because I can't find it and really want to do salmon runs with goons.

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!

Frankston posted:

I think my octobrush is broken because I have to get right up in someone's face and then flail it around for about 5 seconds whilst hoping they don't move or shoot me before it kills them.

OTOH, enemies can just briefly flick theirs in my general direction and I'll die pretty much instantly. :v:

I think it does more damage if it's already dragging on the ground and you just crash into them, then add a couple slashes as needed. At least that's how rollers work. I rarely use either though so I'd wait for a second opinion.

In other news, splat bombs are the truth in Rainmaker.

Deltron 3030 fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Aug 4, 2017

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I just started splatoon2 and it's just the swimming squids loading screen for several minutes..... :ohdear:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fO1YFLMNKo

This taught me something valuable about the slosher, which is that there's damage dropoff if you're above the target.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
So what's the record for consecutive same maps in a single "rotation"? Currently I'm on my 13th Musselforge Splat Zone without a single Starfish.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Ahhh someone tell me how to use motion controls I just can't get the hang of them

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Zelder posted:

Ahhh someone tell me how to use motion controls I just can't get the hang of them
Hunch forward in your chair and put your elbows on your knees and tilt the controller up or down when you wanna aim. Turning is a bit trickier, you can use wrist movements for small adjustments but if you wanna do a 180 you'd be better off using the R-stick. One thing that might be helpful with turning is that motion controls is rotational on the x plane (like you're turning a giant bus steering wheel) and NOT the y plane (like you're flipping a teeter totter). The problem with turning like this all the time though is that you're spinning your controller away from your TV screen.

Also play with the sensitivity (you can change it in the options menu and hop right back into the square and play around with it) and figure out what feels good to you.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zelder posted:

The key is to use the stick for broad aiming while using the motion to be precise. Ideally, once you get it down, you should just be making subtle tilts, not waggling around.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The up and down I got on lock, it's the slight side to side that gets me killed every time

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

DalaranJ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fO1YFLMNKo

This taught me something valuable about the slosher, which is that there's damage dropoff if you're above the target.

Reminder that there's a Tri-Slosher set coming with the Splat Bombs and an Autobomb Launcher. :gonk:

For the time being, realize that quite a few other weapons outrange them (well, the Slosher itself. Burst Bombs are a different story), and it's actually better for you to be on the low ground in some cases. (Really helpful to keep in mind for Tower Control.) If they ambush you though, just hope their aim sucks.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 4, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I bought the black Yeezys with object shredder and I cannot tell if I'm doing more damage to the stuff listed it works on. Thinking I'm better off with drop roller or one of the universal abilities on shoes

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Zelder posted:

The up and down I got on lock, it's the slight side to side that gets me killed every time

Pretend you're driving a bus for side to side

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Cicadas! posted:

:barf:
I don't think anyone should be allowed to pretend to have discerning taste when discussing things they put on corndogs, battered polyps from satan's own rear end in a top hat.

Back in college I would heat up a little Cheez Whiz in a bowl, then add a little mustard on the side, and dip corndogs in them. I'd still eat a corndog to this day, but I don't think I've had Cheez Whiz in fifteen years. I don't plan to have any either.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Lakbay posted:

I bought the black Yeezys with object shredder and I cannot tell if I'm doing more damage to the stuff listed it works on. Thinking I'm better off with drop roller or one of the universal abilities on shoes

Object shredder is loving baller at breaking the Rainmaker bubble. Not worth using in any other mode.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

mutantmanifesto posted:

Can someone link the discord?

I feel like an idiot because I can't find it and really want to do salmon runs with goons.

C'mon in! https://discord.gg/4kEWbYc
Once you're authed and all that, type !join-role Squid Kids into the chat box if you want to be pinged for stuff

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

:staredog:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Lakbay posted:

Pretend you're driving a bus for side to side

drunk, angry, and I can smell vomit and pee. Gotcha.

I'll give it a try thank you

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Snatching victory from the jaws of defeat

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Bean posted:

Speaking of, when you approach the main stage, if you turn left you go to Grizzco, if you turn right you go to a dead end. I suspect that that dead end will be used for SOMETHING that they're plotting. That's too much space to just leave dead.

Honestly, what I find odd is the huge under-construction area right behind where you spawn in the plaza. Gonna be weird if they do nothing with it, and there's just this eternally unfinished area still in the plaza years from now.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is that the Aiden

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
I love being the rainmaker carrier, I become Emmitt Smith

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Zelder posted:

drunk, angry, and I can smell vomit and pee. Gotcha.

I'll give it a try thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0ep2tJk8f0&t=148s

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Afro posted:

I love being the rainmaker carrier, I become Emmitt Smith

My teammates seem to become Leroy Jenkins

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Tengames posted:

Honestly, what I find odd is the huge under-construction area right behind where you spawn in the plaza. Gonna be weird if they do nothing with it, and there's just this eternally unfinished area still in the plaza years from now.

Sounds like public works didn't get any better in the post apocalypse

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

AHHHHHHHH I WAS HOLDING IT VERTICALLY. Game changed, time to go pro esports.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Splatoon 1 vets know to "truck drive" it because the Wii-U gamepad was so huge holding it any other way murdered your hands.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The Gorp posted:

Splatoon 1 vets know to "truck drive" it because the Wii-U gamepad was so huge holding it any other way murdered your hands.

Shameful secret: I played a lot of splatoon 1 but never learned motion controls

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I played Splatoon 1 with motion and holding the pad the normal way. It never hurt my hands.:shrug:

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Dr. Fetus posted:

Reminder that there's a Tri-Slosher set coming with the Splat Bombs and an Autobomb Launcher. :gonk:

For the time being, realize that quite a few other weapons outrange them (well, the Slosher itself. Burst Bombs are a different story), and it's actually better for you to be on the low ground in some cases. (Really helpful to keep in mind for Tower Control.) If they ambush you though, just hope their aim sucks.

Honestly the burst bombs and ink shield are like the perfect combo for tri sloshers. The burst bomb lets you two-hour super quick, and the ink shield protects you at super close range.

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.
I played Splatoon 1 with sticks, only because the Wii U gamepad was cumbersome as gently caress. Motion controls with the pro controller for Splatoon 2 is perfect, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

The Gorp posted:

The truck drive method really works for me, super smooth movements and I feel like I'm fast as hell being able to smoothly turn the camera wherever I want.