Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Yikes A+ to A- in Rainmaker just from my sessions tonight :negative:

Maybe I should stop playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fossilized Rappy
Dec 26, 2012

Did everyone get a fully pre-leveled mining hat, or is it random chance? I know my Grizzco polo last month wasn't pre-leveled like this, at least.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Owers posted:

I played Splatoon 1 with sticks, only because the Wii U gamepad was cumbersome as gently caress. Motion controls with the pro controller for Splatoon 2 is perfect, though.

Motion controls are overrated. STIXXXXX.

Time to start prestieging those +'s.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fossilized Rappy posted:

Did everyone get a fully pre-leveled mining hat, or is it random chance? I know my Grizzco polo last month wasn't pre-leveled like this, at least.

I've gotten shirts randomly with 1-3 slots filled in, it can happen. If it's a dupe you can opt to just scrub them for free too which is great

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Why are people so bad at this particular Salmon Run

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I played Splatoon 1 with motion and holding the pad the normal way. It never hurt my hands.:shrug:

There are apparently a lot of baby-handed gamers. I have no idea how anyone can think the PS2 controller was better than the Duke... my hands cramp up after like twelve seconds with that thing.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

What's up with all the people posting furry poo poo in the square lately, it's extremely un-fresh.
Is this the latest meme that's popular with the kids or some poo poo

Nephzinho posted:

I don't understand how people get S-ranks so quickly, do you guys not get the same people I get in ranked matchmaking where they'll gently caress around painting some random corner of the map while the enemy splatzone counter is ticking away / enemy is riding the tower to our goal

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Internet Kraken posted:

Why are people so bad at this particular Salmon Run

I've found the odds of winning generally go right down the toilet when there's a Charger in the mix. Yes, people can be fantastic with them, it's just that they're rarely in the hands of one such person for all three waves.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Oh god Mr. Grizz why'd you promote me to Profreshional how did this happen I'm not terrifically good at this game

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I figured out how to win Rainmaker

I've got a different weapon du jour for every ranked mode now

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Keiya posted:

There are apparently a lot of baby-handed gamers. I have no idea how anyone can think the PS2 controller was better than the Duke... my hands cramp up after like twelve seconds with that thing.

I actually have smaller hands myself. I think the Wii U pad and all the Switch configurations are all comfy though.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
No joke I just played a match where all 3 of my crew members got splatted by a single steel eel in the first 10 seconds of round 1.

:cripes:

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Might be common knowledge but if you want be as efficient as possible level up the item you get from Salmon Run to 3 slots or at least 1 slot. When you get it again in Salmon run you can trade in the one you have for ability chunks and money.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I've found the odds of winning generally go right down the toilet when there's a Charger in the mix. Yes, people can be fantastic with them, it's just that they're rarely in the hands of one such person for all three waves.

Twice tonight I was lining up a shot against the big missile guy (steelhead?) only to get bumped by some shithead fish at the last second, throwing off my shot.

Sorry team.

Fossilized Rappy
Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

I've gotten shirts randomly with 1-3 slots filled in, it can happen. If it's a dupe you can opt to just scrub them for free too which is great
Interesting. I'd never seen anyone mention it that I can recall, so it was a surprise when it showed up the other day.

pokeyman posted:

Twice tonight I was lining up a shot against the big missile guy (steelhead?) only to get bumped by some shithead fish at the last second, throwing off my shot.

Sorry team.
I think most people have had that happen at least a time or two. Usually when the Scrapper's vehicular manslaughter attempts are happening.

Worst thing I've personally had happen in a Salmon Run was earlier tonight, when even after being on the charging cradle all afternoon my left Joycon decided it was out of battery without warning and I had to scramble to snap together the handheld mode before my team lost (we still lost). I felt so sorry for the rest of my team, we were on the final wave and everything.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Moray Towers is a terrible map.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

raditts posted:

I don't understand how people get S-ranks so quickly, do you guys not get the same people I get in ranked matchmaking where they'll gently caress around painting some random corner of the map while the enemy splatzone counter is ticking away / enemy is riding the tower to our goal

Just carry really hard, and get a little lucky in Rainmaker. I broke the A+ meter three times on it, compared to twice everywhere else combined.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I just roll up my sleeves and play my best. In my last 50 matches I've had a 70% winrate so I think I'm doing something right.

I did just cruise through A+ in Tower Control but pretty much nobody carried, all my teams seemed to contribute more or less equally that time.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Nephzinho posted:

Don't you need to get to S+ before you do that?

quote:

It's a 4 on 4 game. Small teams mean you can do a lot more to carry the game. Sometimes you're all not going to play together, sometimes a guy will be very inept; but OH WELL, it's only for one short game. This isn't Overwatch or League. It also helps that your team isn't penalized for a disconnect.

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 4, 2017

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

In Training posted:

I decided to try and actually use the aerospray to do some cool down matches and had to switch off immediately because it felt like cheating

they should change these weapons...but I'll succumb to the dark side all day Saturday to defend mayonnaise

That felt like cheating? I can easily get 2200-2400p with the Aerospray. But I'm also getting 2000p with some of the other guns.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

I want to give this person money, in what I think is irony.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Playing with goons during Salmon Run is a game changer. Managed to go straight from low Go-getter to Profreshional in about 2 hours and make about 60k cash while we were at it. Finally even got to see Gushers and Mothership rounds for the first time.

Then I went for a quick game of Turf War afterward...

Going 0 to 10 with the Dualie Squelchers in Turf War :negative:

Icedude fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Aug 4, 2017

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I had some great Freelance games tonight in Salmon Run managed to stay in Profreshional, only failed on the first wave once and that was my fault. The glow flies appeared on me while running back to the basket and I got my team wiped.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Splatfest just started a hour and a half ago in Japan. Tomorrow is our turn.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Who's ready for the Aerospray meta? :unsmigghh:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

raditts posted:

Considering how badly I got stomped in Mario Kart, some goons are just really good at video games

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I found someone streaming the JP Splatfest. Still waiting for Shifty Station to come up, but it's gotta happen sooner or later.

Turns out there's more than one battle song this time. Neat!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I feel like the only weapon I'm good with is the Octobrush. Everything else I am either mediocre or downright horrible...

Please don't ever nerf the brush.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Add to the list of salmon run don'ts: thinking you're above shooting trash or inking the stage during the fight. Or dragging the maws chasing you all over the stage. Yeah I know there's an egg ten kilometres away but we're right next to the basket and - yeah bye

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Rexroom posted:

so thats why my turf war lobby is empty :<<<<

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Supercar Gautier posted:

I found someone streaming the JP Splatfest. Still waiting for Shifty Station to come up, but it's gotta happen sooner or later.

Turns out there's more than one battle song this time. Neat!
Oh my god I didn't realize they would actually make the ink colors ketchup vs mayo. Ugh... gross...

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Tomorrow. Comes with curling bomb and splashdown.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Is there a browser version of SplatNet 2? I keep seeing score screenshots that look like they're made for desktop.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rexroom posted:

Starts in two hours for Australia :smuggo:.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Dr. Fetus posted:

Who's ready for the Aerospray meta? :unsmigghh:

You say this but the Japanese Splatfest has teams of 3 Trisloshers.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Starts in two hours for Australia :smuggo:.

You sure?

Bruce from Nintendo Australia posted:

The battle takes place from 2pm Saturday, August 5th to 2pm Sunday, August 6th AEST.

Aussie squids will participate in the Americas + Australia/New Zealand group, while Japan and Europe face their own deciding battles.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rexroom posted:

You sure?

Oh, it's PT :cripes:. I only looked and saw Australia - 9pm.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Rexroom posted:

Tomorrow. Comes with curling bomb and splashdown.

What's the trade-off of the Sploosh-o-matic relative to other Splatoon 2 weapons? A shorter range, higher damage Aerospray? As much as I used the Splash-o-matic in Splatoon 1 I never really touched the Sploosh

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011
Wow I woke up and found out apparently I suck at splatoon. First I was consistently getting first or second place in turf war with the roller, and the team almost always won. Now I'm always last, by far. I haven't won a single match yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Most team games are like gambling, if you're having bad luck walk away from the table and try again tomorrow.