Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Naruto is basically 90% Naruto/Sasuke with their respective allies thrown in occasionally, not really an ensemble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Aurora posted:

Naruto is basically 90% Naruto/Sasuke with their respective allies thrown in occasionally, not really an ensemble

which makes naruto's popularity confusing, cause sasuke is the absolute worst.

sakura was also really bad as far as i remember. she was played up as being p talented, and then in that loving exam the best she could pull off was bite no jutsu

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Terper posted:

Certainly not a big focus, but I feel her story has gotten the most development and foreshadowing, excepting the Deku-Baku-Might story trio.

Maybe i'm just forgetting some stuff and letting my disappointment with the girls kinda getting pushed aside during the precepts infiltration colour my memories but although she's consistently present I don't really remember Horikoshi having done much with her in recent arcs beyond a bit of set-up. Like, I guess there's been stuff about her feelings for Deku and how that gets muddled with her admiration of him, like through her conversation with Toga back during the camp or some of her screentime prior to the license exam, and her rivalry with Toga has gotten some neat build but nothing's come of that yet since their first fight was so short. During the camp and exam she played a bit less of a role than a couple of way more minor characters and while she's one of the few characters whose internship has gotten some focus this arc she hasn't really done anything yet.

It might just be me but it feels like she's lost some presence compared to earlier in the series. Which is a shame cause she's great. Though i'm hoping she's about to get another fight with Toga.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Condiv posted:

which makes naruto's popularity confusing, cause sasuke is the absolute worst.

sakura was also really bad as far as i remember. she was played up as being p talented, and then in that loving exam the best she could pull off was bite no jutsu

While I hate Sasuke as a person he fights cool

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
how are you confused that the most popular character in any series is an angsty pretty boy with a dark past and cool fighting style especially when this manga's take on that archetype is in the top 3 on both popularity polls

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

For real for both this and Food Wars I would watch an entire season that was nothing but internships

have one person from each series interning at the same location

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/B0bduh/status/892782884767059970

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Shigaraki gets a full on face shot this chapter where he looks calm and nice and it's honestly kinda creepy. Also Twice still really feels bad about what happened with Overhaul.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Fabricated posted:

Shigaraki gets a full on face shot this chapter where he looks calm and nice and it's honestly kinda creepy. Also Twice still really feels bad about what happened with Overhaul.

I think he's learning about the power of friendship and trust and i'm very proud of him. :3:

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Did I miss a chapter this week? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Mangastream lost their raw provider so they're behind. Jaimini's Box/Fallen Angels (they collab) said they'd be a bit late.

Korean/Chinese raws are floating around right now. There's a couple chinese/korean places that host the raws but they're just festooned with ads/malware.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
While we're waiting, here's some fan art.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

:kimchi:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

There's a translation for 148 up at http://readmha.com/chapter/boku-no-hero-academia-chapter-148/

Sir is ripped.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Maybe it's because I haven't eaten today but that translation seems pretty ropey, good chapter though. I'm glad Deku instantly realised that he'd met Toga before instead of the old "hrrm why does this seem familiar??" routine. the close-up of Shigaraki's face is great and his scars are deeper than I thought. Also really glad to see people were right about how the League views the Hassaikai and how Shigaraki views his own people.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah I kinda agree, I'm not sure if it's the comic or the translation but what happened at the end was a little hard to follow exactly who was saying what and what was happening.

It looks like the Mimic everyone is fighting is a Twice clone.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Radish posted:

Yeah I kinda agree, I'm not sure if it's the comic or the translation but what happened at the end was a little hard to follow exactly who was saying what and what was happening.

It looks like the Mimic everyone is fighting is a Twice clone.

I did not get that impression at all

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The VA is totally intending to sabotage the hell out of these losers, first by getting the floormaster to snap and get himself caught. You know if Overhaul just exists to give contrast to the new Shigaraki who has learnt of the power of evil friendship and evil trust i'd be ok with that I think.

This arc better end with Shigaraki disintegrating Overhaul, it kinda feels like the most appropriate thing.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Blockhouse posted:

I did not get that impression at all

On the last page he calls him Irinaka's Brother which is the same way he referred to the other clone earlier. It would make sense since Overhaul mocked the Villain Alliance for wasting important members so throwing Mimic away to buy time would be dumb by that logic if they have the ability to make a disposable copy.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The VA is totally intending to sabotage the hell out of these losers, first by getting the floormaster to snap and get himself caught. You know if Overhaul just exists to give contrast to the new Shigaraki who has learnt of the power of evil friendship and evil trust i'd be ok with that I think.

This arc better end with Shigaraki disintegrating Overhaul, it kinda feels like the most appropriate thing.

That's sense I got too but the dialogue felt a little rocky.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Aug 4, 2017

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Yeah, uh, MangaStream really made that pretty tricky to follow nearer the end. Some good stuff in there, though.

It did seem weird that Twice freaked out about the corner of his mask ripping off, when earlier we saw him without it and he was... mostly... fine, and even in this very chapter he actively took it off in front of Shigaraki. I kind of get it, the mask is like a security blanket and helps him cope with his internal arguments with himself, and this is a more high pressure situation, but it really felt like it could've been worded better.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Dragonatrix posted:

Yeah, uh, MangaStream really made that pretty tricky to follow nearer the end. Some good stuff in there, though.

It did seem weird that Twice freaked out about the corner of his mask ripping off, when earlier we saw him without it and he was... mostly... fine, and even in this very chapter he actively took it off in front of Shigaraki. I kind of get it, the mask is like a security blanket and helps him cope with his internal arguments with himself, and this is a more high pressure situation, but it really felt like it could've been worded better.

Well before he had to put it on just walking down the street after leaving his apartment and this chapter he only removed it for a few seconds before putting it back on. I think it's fairly consistent especially considering that part of the mask was forcibly removed rather than voluntarily.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I sort of think Shigaraki will get AfO or already has it, and he's going to blow Overhaul away and nick his power in one go

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/toidinami/status/893247093124497409

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
apparently the filler episode is just going to be Tsuyu's training and they cast some people as new characters

quote:

Ami Koshimizu as Sirius, Selky's sidekick and Tsuyu's trainer
Tomokazu Seki as Selky, a "shipwreck hero" who has a gap between his appearance and personality
Anri Katsu as Innsmouth, a villain

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

TSUYU EPISODE!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

apparently the filler episode is just going to be Tsuyu's training

is it saturday yet

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Soon.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Waffleman_ posted:

TSUYU EPISODE!

:hai:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm ready for Froppy (in a week since I don't subscribe).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dragonatrix posted:

is it saturday yet

It is important to note that this is next week's episode, not tomorrow's.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Question still stands

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
I really wanted info on Best Jeanist (who for some reason I keep remembering as "All Jeans" as if that was his name) and Bakugou's training, but I guess they can't filler that up since I imagine they'll probably make the two relevant again, with Jeanist not having his power stolen and still being alive.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Jesus christ, the back half of this chapter was so incoherent.

I think the VA people are betraying the yakuza, and purposefully provoking Mimic to go wild? For some reason???

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah I'm not sure if it's an issue with the translation but everything since they've invaded the Yakuza HQ has been felt really cluttered, like he's trying to jam too much visual information into the panels.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wait so is Mimic now fighting both the League and Deku's team?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Grouchio posted:

Wait so is Mimic now fighting both the League and Deku's team?

That's what it looks like, yeah, even though he's basically at the limit of his power. Well actually he's past the limit, and the drugs that took him there are wearing off. That's why he was trying to divide and conquer. But now his forces have basically turned on him, so all he has left is the plan he abandoned in the first place. Mimic clone should going down next chapter.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Though apparently the Mimic they are fighting is actually a clone created by Twice.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Blockhouse posted:

apparently the filler episode is just going to be Tsuyu's training and they cast some people as new characters

Is this just going to be an entire episode of Cthulhu references.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Begemot posted:

Jesus christ, the back half of this chapter was so incoherent.

I think the VA people are betraying the yakuza, and purposefully provoking Mimic to go wild? For some reason???

None of the VA actually like the yakuza and are still kinda pissed about their bud Magne being killed and that they're being looked down upon by Overhaul. I'm guessing Shigaraki told them to sabotage these fools from the beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also, Sir was going to freaking murder Twice with those things he was throwing. One destroyed the Rappa clone and the one that grazed Twice took out a piece of his ear.