Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm glad Chris-chan finally got to work for Sega and make his dream game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sakurazuka posted:

There's no point worrying about Splatoon when there's two new Sonic games out this year and one lets you make your own OC.

There's a lot of discomfort in the near future for CJacobs, future nintendo switch owner!!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

There's no point worrying about Splatoon when there's two new Sonic games out this year and one lets you make your own OC.

Can I make a Sonic that is X and the game isn't actually a Sonic game but a Mega Man X game?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

chumbler posted:

Can I make a Sonic that is X and the game isn't actually a Sonic game but a Mega Man X game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTHsOSGJHN0

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm holding off on a switch until we get a new animal crossing game.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CJacobs posted:

<game> is good but Sonic Mania is going to be better

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

It seems like just yesterday a really dumb friend of mine was going nuts at the announcement for SONIC MANIAAAAAAAA

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Was that friend actually you?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

littleorv posted:

It seems like just yesterday a really dumb friend of mine was going nuts at the announcement for SONIC MANIAAAAAAAA

We're friends? :3:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

littleorv posted:

Imaginary ones don't count

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I wish I didn't install the M4-78 planet in KOTOR 2 because this is the most boring poo poo I've ever experienced in an RPG, let alone a video game. People who complain about fetch quests in RPGs needs to see this and be humbled instantly.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
lol i'm watching someone stream x3 and it's making me really remember how awful sigma is in this game

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i saw this splash image on steam and i cant stop inwardly laughing at it

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

"I will shoot you with my combination gun/flashlight/e-cig!"

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Nightmare At The Lighthouse, the tri-county area's premier Panic At The Disco cover band.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Is there a curent or recent (indie) RTS worth playing? Don't really care much about Starcraft, and the only other thing that comes to mind is Grey Goo. But the steam reviews are kinda eh on that one.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Not really? They changed up starcraft 2 with the latest "expansion" and its a faster paced game now. The original starcraft has an HD remaster coming out this month but outside of that its a fairly stagnant genre.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
My problems with the Shadow Tactics demo were resolved by restoring the game's license and should not be construed as a problem with the game itself.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I'm really uncomfortable with the one in the bottom row on the left. It looks like a shmorky pic about furries in a game marketed towards kids...

I'm reminded of the 3DS Badge Arcade app which had some weird diaper fetish furry drawing his fursona giving "biting commentary" on the game's rabbit. There was one post that was just someone saying "....is he wearing a diaper?" and his response back was that yes, the bear is wearing a diaper, because he's a baby so he needs to wear one.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

i saw this splash image on steam and i cant stop inwardly laughing at it

It's a buddy cop game, with the guy as one cop and the floating letters as the other. That's why he's saying some sort of quip like "oh, you just had to open your big mouth" while he shoots something off-screen.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
https://twitter.com/DaveMilbo/status/893326933387231232

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

mike12345 posted:

Is there a curent or recent (indie) RTS worth playing? Don't really care much about Starcraft, and the only other thing that comes to mind is Grey Goo. But the steam reviews are kinda eh on that one.

Homeworld:Deserts of Kharak.

If you really care about base building then maybe 8-Bit Armies

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the only "buddy" cop of mine is one who's six feet under. that's right, i'm talking about Mole Patrol. keep the subterranean​ streets dirty boys

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

oddium posted:

the only "buddy" cop of mine is one who's six feet under. that's right, i'm talking about Mole Patrol. keep the subterranean​ streets dirty boys

ACAB: Always Collect, Always Backtrack

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I don't understand why that one part is highlighted like it's some crazy statement, it's true

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vprjSFyDpV0

CharlieFoxtrot watch till end.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Speaking of idiots, hi I'm one. I started to actually play Voice Acting Meme Game, Chaos Wars, a couple of days ago.

It's, uh... fine? I guess? As a game, I mean. It's just a simple srpg crossover thing.

But the cutscenes are the real gold, as expected. Generic villain looking dude Yoichi is my favourite so far because his voice doesn't match his appearance, his "actor" is the worst one I've heard thus far and not just because of weird intonations or anything. He manages to mispronounce English words all the time on top of having 10/10 terrible delivery.

Good.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

My favorite part is where he turns off motion controls and then says aiming is bad.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

Speaking of idiots, hi I'm one. I started to actually play Voice Acting Meme Game, Chaos Wars, a couple of days ago.

It's, uh... fine? I guess? As a game, I mean. It's just a simple srpg crossover thing.

But the cutscenes are the real gold, as expected. Generic villain looking dude Yoichi is my favourite so far because his voice doesn't match his appearance, his "actor" is the worst one I've heard thus far and not just because of weird intonations or anything. He manages to mispronounce English words all the time on top of having 10/10 terrible delivery.

Good.

It's okay, friend. For some reason last month I had a bout of brief insanity and played Beyond the Beyond for a little bit, at least until I got to the point where random encounters happened every ten steps in a ten floor dungeon and where the puzzles reset between rooms and kept having to be re-solved, and where the further you went down the more enemies it spawned that could throw party-wide spells that took a quarter of everyone's health. God what a garbage game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

This is mine

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

[it's marvel baby voice but about knack] it's knack baby !!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Phantasium posted:

It's okay, friend. For some reason last month I had a bout of brief insanity and played Beyond the Beyond for a little bit, at least until I got to the point where random encounters happened every ten steps in a ten floor dungeon and where the puzzles reset between rooms and kept having to be re-solved, and where the further you went down the more enemies it spawned that could throw party-wide spells that took a quarter of everyone's health. God what a garbage game.

I have a copy of Beyond the Beyond somewhere around here, but I've never gotten far into it. I probably should just to see how bad it can get, but I realistically got more than enough of Camelot's bad RPG design by playing through the Golden Sun games a couple times. And when those are considered the good ones...

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

After work today I'm going to go deposit my check and then march on down to the mom and pop computer store and haggle me a decent midrange laptop that can play all the indie poo poo I've wanted to play since my laptop died last year.

Gonna start with Hollow Knight :hai:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I hope y'all are ready for Sonic Mania to blow all our collective socks off once it comes out this month

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Does anyone remember a ps1 rpg that was a crummy jrpg knockoff? I unfortunately can't be anymore specific than that. I just remember that it was a ps1 rpg, I don't believe it was a jrpg, but people tried comparing it to FF7 a bunch and it had really ugly art and I wanna say it might've had a robot in it or something, idk, and it was bad.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Shadow Madness, which ripped off FFVII's blocky artstyle nearly verbatim, and is awful to boot.

Involves a robot farmer, a floating head, and other "memorable" characters.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Browsing the platformers on steam, the same thing keeps happening: I'll see an interesting looking platformer, read the description, and all my interest will die when I see "procedural" or "procedurally generated levels"

Please, game devs, for the love of god. I don't want levels randomly thrown together so there's an unending possibility of half assed stages. I want real thoughtfully crafted level design!! There are other genres that work with procedurally generated stuff, but platformers are not it IMO. I go back to Shovel Knight and Tropical Freeze (or just about any Nintendo platformer really) and see these really amazingly crafted stages with awesome level design and can't imagine how much worse those games would've been if the stages were randomly built.

I must be in the minority here because so many of these platformers are super well received but it's my favorite genre and procedural generation is one of the least interesting things to me.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yesssss

That was it.

Hahahahahaa

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

Does anyone remember a ps1 rpg that was a crummy jrpg knockoff? I unfortunately can't be anymore specific than that. I just remember that it was a ps1 rpg, I don't believe it was a jrpg, but people tried comparing it to FF7 a bunch and it had really ugly art and I wanna say it might've had a robot in it or something, idk, and it was bad.

you're thinking of Chrono Cross op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Browsing the platformers on steam, the same thing keeps happening: I'll see an interesting looking platformer, read the description, and all my interest will die when I see "procedural" or "procedurally generated levels"

Please, game devs, for the love of god. I don't want levels randomly thrown together so there's an unending possibility of half assed stages. I want real thoughtfully crafted level design!! There are other genres that work with procedurally generated stuff, but platformers are not it IMO. I go back to Shovel Knight and Tropical Freeze (or just about any Nintendo platformer really) and see these really amazingly crafted stages with awesome level design and can't imagine how much worse those games would've been if the stages were randomly built.

I must be in the minority here because so many of these platformers are super well received but it's my favorite genre and procedural generation is one of the least interesting things to me.

It's easier to make a jump button and infinitely generated levels than to actually design something well

• Locked thread