Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
It's one of the clips that accompany this - http://advances.realtimerendering.com/s2017/DecimaSiggraph2017.pdf

they presented at siggraph last week. here are the other presentations to do with games - http://advances.realtimerendering.com/s2017/index.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
They patched Prey so it runs fine on ps4 again. Finally, I can start my second playthrough.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Prey's retail price is tanking so fast that I've seen it for 35€ already. I'll trade GR Wildlands tomorrow and see what I can get for cheap.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

They patched Prey so it runs fine on ps4 again. Finally, I can start my second playthrough.

this is good news

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
It's £19 already on amazon.co.uk, I would buy myself it but I've not got round to Dishonored 2 yet

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

at this rate i may just wait 6 months and see if it ends up on ps+

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Noice

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought it from Best Buy today for like $22

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Awesome! posted:

at this rate i may just wait 6 months and see if it ends up on ps+

you'd think it would but wolfenstein has been under $5 and still not on plus yet

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Has any one ran into issues where after downloading a demo of a game (where the demo is the full game with a pay gate, not a standalone file) then purchasing the full game but the game staying in demo mode? I'm running into that problem with Shadow Tactics and soliciting suggestions before I reach out to PS Support. I've already deleted the game and re-downloaded it, and it still loads up with the word "demo" plastered over it and stops me at the beginning of the second mission.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Did you try restoring licences?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
No, I didn't think to. I'll try that next.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Dont buy Prey. It is a poo poo game.

The System Shock 3 hype is lies. "you can approach situations from any or these 3 super boring and bad ways!!!"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
It transcends SS2 in some ways. In others it definitely doesn't. My GOTY.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Quick question about nioh, how good/bad is the dlc? I just got 26€ trade in for Wildlands and I'm about to pull the trigger and get nioh for 13€ (but no DLC).

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The DLC is great, although the levels are themselves are a little on the short side (even if the boss encounters are fantastic).

First DLC adds a new weapon, the Odachi (think giant sword), a new area, and a third difficulty level with fancier, better loot and harder enemies.

Second DLC adds another new weapon, tonfa (very fast dual bashy sticks), a new area and a fourth difficulty that remixes all enemy locations and adds another tier of equipment.

If you enjoy the base game they're very worth getting, but if you don't click with it then you can safely ignore the stuff.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

kirbysuperstar posted:

Did you try restoring licences?

This did the trick, thank you!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

The DLC is great, although the levels are themselves are a little on the short side (even if the boss encounters are fantastic).

First DLC adds a new weapon, the Odachi (think giant sword), a new area, and a third difficulty level with fancier, better loot and harder enemies.

Second DLC adds another new weapon, tonfa (very fast dual bashy sticks), a new area and a fourth difficulty that remixes all enemy locations and adds another tier of equipment.

If you enjoy the base game they're very worth getting, but if you don't click with it then you can safely ignore the stuff.

I was phoneposting, now that I'm at home (and not in a hurry) I can explain.

I picked GR:Wildlands on release and enjoyed it (just the base game) but was gathering dust since May. Today GAME had a flash sale on Nioh, base game for 39€ (retail), so for just 13 got the game and even if I get the season pass is just 13€ plus 18 for the season pass, 31€ for the full package and the EU store has base+pass for 47. I just started playing Inquisition and have still TW3 on queue so there you go, loving 2017.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Aug 4, 2017

revolther
May 27, 2008

Bombadilillo posted:

The System Shock 3 hype is lies. "you can approach situations from any or these 3 super boring and bad ways!!!"
I say this but with Deus Ex type games.

The truth is the original game was bad, but we all held onto one interesting gameplay idea that was half-rear end implemented by guys whose individual level of cool fell in line somewhere around thought Sugar Ray was gonna be #1 forever so OF COURSE they got the tattoo.

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013
How important is the online component for Bloodborne?

Long story short, I'm moving at the end of next month and I'll have no internet for about a week because Verizon is awesome at scheduling installs. I'm trying to pick a game from my ridiculously dumb backlog to hold me over for the week or so when I have no connectivity.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You'll miss out on player messages, blood stains (how other people died) and co-op but not of that is necessary to play the game properly.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
You'll miss the silly messages and co-op activity, but it's a fantastic game regardless.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Don't you always get player messages? Even when I wasn't subscribed to PS+ I thought I remember seeing them.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well not if he's got no internet at all..

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I may be a weirdo but I only got to the third mission on the first Deus Ex (Hells Kitchen) because the first and second were a chore for me. The shooting is really really bad at the start and takes forever to aim a single pistol shot while hiding. I know that the game gets better, you improve your habilities etc... Is just that it was too clunky for me at the time and I was more interested in faster shooters (Unreal, Unreal Tournament and the sort). At the other hand, Deus Ex HR got me hooked and did two playthroughs with different takes, the first was a full combat dude wich was good since boss fights were easy and the typical stealth/hacker when they patched it to director's cut and boss fights got redesigned to not gently caress "pacifist" characters.

I think that my problem with Deus Ex (and still have it) is that the shooting part is not good so is hard for me to justify playing it. Having a gun and sucking with it is not my cup of tea. I still consider that Deus Ex is a cool game for everything it did, but not for me.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

revolther posted:

I say this but with Deus Ex type games.

The truth is the original game was bad, but we all held onto one interesting gameplay idea that was half-rear end implemented by guys whose individual level of cool fell in line somewhere around thought Sugar Ray was gonna be #1 forever so OF COURSE they got the tattoo.

The truth is: Deus Ex was and still is a great game.

Guillermus posted:

I may be a weirdo but I only got to the third mission on the first Deus Ex (Hells Kitchen) because the first and second were a chore for me. The shooting is really really bad at the start and takes forever to aim a single pistol shot while hiding. I know that the game gets better, you improve your habilities etc... Is just that it was too clunky for me at the time and I was more interested in faster shooters (Unreal, Unreal Tournament and the sort). At the other hand, Deus Ex HR got me hooked and did two playthroughs with different takes, the first was a full combat dude wich was good since boss fights were easy and the typical stealth/hacker when they patched it to director's cut and boss fights got redesigned to not gently caress "pacifist" characters.

I think that my problem with Deus Ex (and still have it) is that the shooting part is not good so is hard for me to justify playing it. Having a gun and sucking with it is not my cup of tea. I still consider that Deus Ex is a cool game for everything it did, but not for me.

I went non-lethal and stuck with the tranq dart and baton. That's what's great about Deus Ex: It doesn't play like Unreal.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Wow, it's really jarring to hear Robin Atkin Dowes take over as Rico's voice actor for the Just Cause DLC. :psyduck:

Still, I have a jetpack and mech robot now, so I shan't complain.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

poptart_fairy posted:

Wow, it's really jarring to hear Robin Atkin Dowes take over as Rico's voice actor for the Just Cause DLC. :psyduck:

Still, I have a jetpack and mech robot now, so I shan't complain.

It's weirder for me to hear Ezio shoot bazookas at people.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Is there any way to play Just Cause 3 offline, so that every time you go into the menu it doesn't pull its SquareEnix server bs?

I mean, preferably not by taking my entire PS4 offline, but I'll consider it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No that's the only way

If you play in 'offline mode' it'll still try and reconnect every time you go to the menu and sometimes just randomly.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cultural Marxist posted:

Is there any way to play Just Cause 3 offline, so that every time you go into the menu it doesn't pull its SquareEnix server bs?

I mean, preferably not by taking my entire PS4 offline, but I'll consider it.

Every time it's failed to connect it's given me the option to just stay offline, between that and turning the leaderboards off in the options it's been just fine.

quote:

If you play in 'offline mode' it'll still try and reconnect every time you go to the menu and sometimes just randomly.

oh lmao

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

Guillermus posted:

You're not wrong, Deus Ex games play pretty average as a shooter. As a stealth/talky/melee hybrid game where you sometimes shoot people though, they play really well.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

My PS4 pro is overheating when laid flat. ( Symptoms are getting really hot to the touch and screen going black for 2-3 seconds at a time). Is this a known issue? Can I warranty it?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I mean, if it does that within a year of purchase and you haven't made any changes to it, I'd definitely try to hit up the seller.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I was such a huge fan of just cause 2, but I am really not enjoying 3 based on my first couple hours.
Rico feels too sticky, trying to escape from a base the grappling hook keeps auto correcting to closer objects as I try and scoot around a base. Maybe I'll get better...
My main issue is that the driving is loving terrible though, I have no idea why they changed that. It was perfect in the second, the feel and how fragile the cars were was great. Accidentally rolling off a cliff and tumbling away out of control and having to improvise was what the first one was all about too. Now all cars have perfect air control where if you don't press any buttons they automatically level out and don't roll or spin in the air? I don't know why they think we want that, I don't want to be able to control the exact angle and roll of a falling car, it's unrealistic (poor choice of word) in the worst way. Not unrealistic, but I want things that happen to be a product of momentum and a result of things that just happened.
It seems minor but it's one of a large number of things I've already noticed and it's the easiest to explain.

I spent a lot of time in jc2 flinging cars off things with myself still in them...

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

cubicle gangster posted:

I was such a huge fan of just cause 2, but I am really not enjoying 3 based on my first couple hours.
Rico feels too sticky, trying to escape from a base the grappling hook keeps auto correcting to closer objects as I try and scoot around a base. Maybe I'll get better...
My main issue is that the driving is loving terrible though, I have no idea why they changed that. It was perfect in the second, the feel and how fragile the cars were was great. Accidentally rolling off a cliff and tumbling away out of control and having to improvise was what the first one was all about too. Now all cars have perfect air control where if you don't press any buttons they automatically level out and don't roll or spin in the air? I don't know why they think we want that, I don't want to be able to control the exact angle and roll of a falling car, it's unrealistic (poor choice of word) in the worst way. Not unrealistic, but I want things that happen to be a product of momentum and a result of things that just happened.
It seems minor but it's one of a large number of things I've already noticed and it's the easiest to explain.

I spent a lot of time in jc2 flinging cars off things with myself still in them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx2hPjHnCvE&t=3s

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
No but really if someone has to pay for a bloodeborne gang tag that is like a trick weapon or a bloody moon or something I'll loving buy it.

I've owned my PS4Pro for like 36 hours, I've downloaded The Last of Us, Ratchet & Clank, The Order: 1886, Until Dawn, MGSV and can't loving stop playing Bloodeborne. The art style, level design, and enemy design are amazing and the balance in this games combat hits so much harder than any of the souls games.

Bloodeborne does what it's trying to do perfectly.

Also I love Prey and they fixed it so go play it, ignore the haters it's good and atmospheric and clever

Joakim Brecht
Aug 20, 2013
Just Cause 3 surpassed all of my expectations and is actually very, very fun. But yeah it's pretty much a requirement to disconnect from the network before playing.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Bust Rodd posted:

No but really if someone has to pay for a bloodeborne gang tag that is like a trick weapon or a bloody moon or something I'll loving buy it.

"BbB" that spins out into "Bloodborne Boyz" and then spins back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Sakurazuka posted:

You'll miss out on player messages, blood stains (how other people died) and co-op but not of that is necessary to play the game properly.

You also can't do chalice glyph searches, so no pwmf22gu for you.