Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

actually dunkey owns

I agree, 99% of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Wamdoodle posted:

Oh wow it's like I'm right there fighting those giant mosquitoes

The ?HUMMINGBIRD? at the bottom makes me want to make an edit where the party is facing off against two shrimp and the bottom says ?PASTRY?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Dunkey is mostly good but also he played LoL for ages so I think we can all agree he's not perfect

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
most of dunkey's post-lol stuff is funny but that splatoon 2 video is bad and the tangent he goes on on jrpgs in his video on game reviewers is weird

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

LawfulWaffle posted:

The ?HUMMINGBIRD? at the bottom makes me want to make an edit where the party is facing off against two shrimp and the bottom says ?PASTRY?

thats a remnant of wizardry where enemies wouldn't have their full sprites and names appear until you identified them, to prevent you circumventing the game's systems because obviously the ice wolf or whatever is weak to fire. in GRIMOIRE however this is masterfully improved by showing you what it looks like and just hiding the name, because game design is for idiots

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

LawfulWaffle posted:

I would laugh heartily if you do this

Dr Cheeto posted:

Dunkey is mostly good but also he played LoL for ages so I think we can all agree he's not perfect

My first exposure to Dunkey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6yHoSvrTss

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

corn in the bible posted:

thats a remnant of wizardry where enemies wouldn't have their full sprites and names appear until you identified them, to prevent you circumventing the game's systems because obviously the ice wolf or whatever is weak to fire. in GRIMOIRE however this is masterfully improved by showing you what it looks like and just hiding the name, because game design is for idiots

?SQUIRREL?
*identify*
DARK SQUIRREL

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

vermin posted:

?SQUIRREL?
*identify*
DARK SQUIRREL

DIRE CORGI

VORPAL SPARROW

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

?MAN?
BONE PERSON

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

vermin posted:

?MAN?
BONE PERSON

MediEvil HD lookin good

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

actually dunkey owns

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the main think i know dunkey for is spearheading the "knack is the greatest game ever created" initiative

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

actually dunkey owns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvcFRgJwE2k

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Aug 4, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

actually dunkey owns

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Cowcaster posted:

the main think i know dunkey for is spearheading the "knack is the greatest game ever created" initiative

Isn't he ironic about it, though, like does he really believe that Knack is good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

knack is good, but so are jrpgs and splatoon 2, so dunkey is only 33% good

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

thing not think

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

actually dunkey owns

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Dunkey's cool enough to be allowed bad opinions

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

actually, the thing you like is bad

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I thought the Dunkey Splatoon video was funny :shrug:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

And now for the promised reaction as recreated by a trio that best represents these forums:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9Zmkw2KLN4

Thank you.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
In Games related news, word on the street is that Nick Robinson of Polygon is a real piece of work. hosed up if true.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't know who that is but don't leave me hanging on the details

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Former yixboy Babylonian, did some REAL hosed up stuff on the tweets

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

There aren't any details yet lol

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't know who that is but don't leave me hanging on the details

Apparently he's a giant creeper and has been for a while but people were afraid to come out and say anything until one person did and it broke the dam basically.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

The Colonel posted:

here's the only part of x5 you should ever care about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57arnjuNmy0

this guy owns because he doesn't have any super dark villain motivation he's just an rear end in a top hat being paid to murder thousands of people and he doesn't really give a gently caress. and then he goes insane and dies in x6
I don't remember him dying in X6. He survives several fights with you while trying to become some god through those Dark Souls.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Motto posted:

There aren't any details yet lol

Well, this is a new low.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

a videogame writer from Polygon is a shitfuck? Wow I'm SHOCKED

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
NeoGaf thread here: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1415751

I was really holding out hope for my second favorite Car Boy, but to me this is too much smoke for there not to be fire.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I don't know a lot about him and I don't know or really care if he's a creeper, but I really dislike that dude's face.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Are they known for their shitfuck writers or something

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Apparently he's a giant creeper and has been for a while but people were afraid to come out and say anything until one person did and it broke the dam basically.

One person made an accusation without details and everyone's falling over themselves because they "had heard rumors."

https://twitter.com/bloodyhoney_/status/893257429378621440

https://curiouscat.me/Hbomberguy/post/189422651?t=1501850192

Take with salt

Serf
May 5, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Are they known for their shitfuck writers or something

Not really. More mediocrity.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

a videogame writer from Polygon is a shitfuck? Wow I'm SHOCKED
the polygon website and everyone that writes on it is still garbage, but their video stuff has been relatively sick for a good couple of months now. Mostly the vids Nick has been in though, so rip Polygon again

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

justin/griffin overviews are back baby

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
looks like the horny boy maybe got a little too horny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Well I for one am ready to dislike Nick Robinson if it turns out he's a creeper, and I hope you will all join me!

• Locked thread