Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Sadly I will be without connection for the next two weeks. Hope there isn't any major events in that time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I think most likely we'll get a week or so of downtime and then it:s time to grind for dangos.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Was enough downtime to finally finish off Septem. :toot: And hopefully there's a little bit more before the next event so I can grind ember quest to level up the servants I was finally able to ascend.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Altera is now Davy Crocket. :allears:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
So we're supposed to be getting daily Saint Quartz, right? Because I'm not.. for whatever reason.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Jing Ke's NP has increased DMG and Stargen.

Enkidu's Presence Detection now gives him a 1 turn Evade.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This new event confirms Gudako is canon

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

So we're supposed to be getting daily Saint Quartz, right?

No?

If you're looking at the Start Dash campaign you already got that back when you started.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Apparently there's an issue with people not receiving the 40 day cumulative login bonus.

Captain Baal posted:

This new event confirms Gudako is canon

Gudako trascends canon, Baal.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
im gudako in heart and spirit

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ha, Gudako's team is six holiday welfare servants and three Arturias.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Gudako: too powerful?
https://twitter.com/DatingSims/status/893260311695720448

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

dO yOU ThiNK tHis IS a gAMe?

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Yeah, there were lots of stories on Japanese Twitter from FGO Fes about Gudako shoving audience members off of benches to sit down, getting forcibly dragged off stage by staff, and kicking basically everything.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Got Ozymandias while I was trying to get Gawain, what a loving troll roll let me tell you

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Bakanogami posted:

Yeah, there were lots of stories on Japanese Twitter from FGO Fes about Gudako shoving audience members off of benches to sit down, getting forcibly dragged off stage by staff, and kicking basically everything.

I hope Gudako shows up at every single videogame and anime convention.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I love how the avatar of FGO is basically a walking pillar of salt and sociopathy.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Vengarr posted:

I just watched a man roll 4,000 quartz without getting Nightingale

http://twitcasting.tv/takutotunashi

I'm terrified he's going to buy more quartz

e: OH GOD HE DID

There is a postscript to this tale. Today he came back to twitter and posted this:

https://twitter.com/takutotunashi/status/893483492184440833

"The dream came true.

Even though it was in this way, I'm really really glad I kept going to the end."

Gambling addiction scares the loving poo poo out of me.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 4, 2017

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

I love how the avatar of FGO is basically a walking pillar of salt and sociopathy.

They know fans of their game very well.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Vengarr posted:

There is a postscript to this tale. Today he came back to twitter and posted this:

https://twitter.com/takutotunashi/status/893483492184440833

"The dream came true.

Even though it was in this way, I'm really really glad I kept going to the end."

Gambling addiction scares the loving poo poo out of me.
Wait so he got so many copies of other 5* that he just straight up bought a Nightingale with saint graphs or whatever those are called? Geez.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Nate RFB posted:

Wait so he got so many copies of other 5* that he just straight up bought a Nightingale with saint graphs or whatever those are called? Geez.

Yes.

And I know for a fact that he didn't have enough to get her like that last night. Pretty sure he only had 2 when he logged off. So he turned off his stream after dropping several thousand dollars and then proceeded to drop probably twice that much off-camera.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
that's so romantic

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Ehh, real life girlfriend would cost more.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Gravy Boat 2k

Vengarr posted:

dO yOU ThiNK tHis IS a gAMe?

:shepface: let's all have fun

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
I hope that was not money they needed for rent or food or something like that and that their streaming covered a lot of it. Holy poo poo.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Rich kids used to buy their friends. Now they buy viewers.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Thank you guy for wasting your bank account for future updates. Maybe one day they'll add a NP skip feature.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah the guy's probably just loaded. if you get a job programming for the government or some corporation in japan and get promoted a couple of times you can make bank because programmers are fairly hard to come by there and a lot of the ones that do exist work in the entertainment or tech sectors, and naturally a lot of programmers are nerdy single guys. that's where 80% of these gacha whales come from.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

If you have a job that pays and not a lot of obligations that cost money (Spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend, children, social life), then that's a lot of money to go into your hobby of choice. Especially if you work alllllll day and literally have no time to do anything else when you get home.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Captain Baal posted:

Got Ozymandias while I was trying to get Gawain, what a loving troll roll let me tell you

Did you really want the rear end in a top hat of the sun or did you actually want pre Jojo dio

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
gawain is cute

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Aww yiss, Jing Ke got an upgrade, she was the first Assassin I maxed on the japanese side.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

InfinityComplex posted:

Did you really want the rear end in a top hat of the sun or did you actually want pre Jojo dio

Am I not allowed to want both

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Captain Baal posted:

Am I not allowed to want both

Wanting both means you'll get neither.

Wanting one means you'll just have bad luck.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Argas posted:

Wanting both means you'll get neither.

The Ozy I just got is laughing maniacally rn

Also omg I can finally use these five million chains

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

InfinityComplex posted:

But Gawain is the favorite of Artoria.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Probably no realistic chance to ever get Cu zerker after I blew all my quartz on yesterday's rate up with only Nightingale to show for it. This is astonishingly frustrating.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
you took that one guy's nightingale though, so really, you came out ahead relative to him

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Reading China Miéville's October is making me wish for Avenger Trotsky even more.