Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

LethalGeek posted:

It's like...20 pixels shorter. Barely at all

20 pixels shorter/longer describes my perception of basically any weapon range comparison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
https://twitter.com/orlandosentinel/status/893550677519212544

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
drat they're already pumping out the Marina backstory ARG.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Marina's a lot taller than Pearl, but she's not huge.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
what the gently caress kind of lovely article talks a whole lot about a huge cool animal and then doesn't show any loving pictures of it

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

JackDarko posted:

Trislosher also outranges the splattershot and 52 gal which is plain stupid.

It does by like a single pixel. There's practically no difference between their ranges

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

tap my mountain posted:

It does by like a single pixel. There's practically no difference between their ranges

One is highly consistent and will always go where you place it the other has RNG. I don't care if they nerf it or not I have no problems dealing with the weapon.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

tap my mountain posted:

By design shooters have damage drop off and sloshers don't. Which is why the regular slosher being half a line better range than most shooters is so amazing. :getin:

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
The second map for salmon is awful. I think I should just skip it when its this one. And there's a useless roller in the weapon lineup too. How do you make use of a roller in this mode or manage the 3rd wave on this massive mess of land with the terrible fan elevators.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rollers are great for salmon run

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Ledgem posted:

The second map for salmon is awful. I think I should just skip it when its this one. And there's a useless roller in the weapon lineup too. How do you make use of a roller in this mode or manage the 3rd wave on this massive mess of land with the terrible fan elevators.
If you're a roller your job is to mow down all the regular chuds all while inking a constant path back to the basket for your teammates.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Blasters are also quite good vs trislosher. If I see a blaster player has my number I just run the hell away because there's no way I get out two shots before they kill me, and any blasters that won't do me in faster usually have range and positional advantages on me. I have to catch them off guard.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

DalaranJ posted:

By design shooters have damage drop off and sloshers don't. Which is why the regular slosher being half a line better range than most shooters is so amazing. :getin:

Oh yeah the trislosher is obviously better suited for max range, it just doesn't get half a line better range than most shooters. It's literally a tiny pixel difference.

When you test out weapon ranges don't look at the floor, shoot the dummies at max range instead

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
I am very pleasantly surprised at the depth this game has. Before I ever played it (never touched splat 1), I made all sorts of lovely assumptions about it.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Ok what do you all mean by line with this range business? I was going by the lines on the test floor.

Either way the sloshers have very similar ranges that might only matter if you're firing from above.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Jesus Christ why can't pubbies with the roller ink the goddamn floor in SR

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004

LethalGeek posted:

This pre or post nerf? The problem with that drat piece of poo poo is no matter how fast you were trying to either shot them first or dodge out of the way the lag got you 99 times out of a 100. At best you could trade kills.

The "delayed wind up time" was only enough if you were looking straight at them as they popped out to jump & swing at you. It was just plain stupid. Trislosher has nothing on that disaster of a weapon.

I was talking post-nerf, assuming you mean the change that forced dynamo users to aim at what they were trying to splat. It didn't really change my game since I aimed my roller flicks anyway; but it definitely cut down on the easy/accidental triple and quad kills. That thing was just obscene.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Bleck posted:

what the gently caress kind of lovely article talks a whole lot about a huge cool animal and then doesn't show any loving pictures of it

Bleck posted:

ah yes, the classic "just get really good at sniping and every shooter game is balanced" stupid loving bullshit

Why so angry friend

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

We failed this round.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
My connection is awful tonight - dropped from 4 salmon runbgames and dropped all then way back to Apprentice. I hope it's not like this tomorrow!

Edit: 5 times now

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Aug 4, 2017

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The Deleter posted:

My connection is awful tonight - dropped from 4 salmon runbgames and dropped all then way back to Apprentice. I hope it's not like this tomorrow!

Restart your switch

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Zelder posted:

Why so angry friend

You know what it is! It's all of the goddamn furry art!

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I am extremely tired of looking at all these animal men with their dumb DreamWorks smug smiles, agreed

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Lakbay posted:

Splatoon 2 - Rated M for Mature

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

tap my mountain posted:

Restart your switch

This didn't help. Went into another match and lost connection again.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Don't be gross about the popstar teens

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
When they eat fries together do you think Pearl double-dips?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nice webcomic of marina getting cummed on

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Lakbay posted:

Splatoon 2 - Rated M for Mature

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I am going to miss Miiverse.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Takoluka posted:

I am going to miss Miiverse.

I wish squids were real.:smith:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

SeANMcBAY posted:

I wish squids were real.:smith:

:same:

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

Only now do I notice "confrimed"

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
:siren: Mayo vs Ketchup Splatfest schedules :siren:
  • JP August 4th 15:00 JST - August 5th 15:00 JST In progress
  • US+AU+NZ August 4th 21:00 PT - August 5th 21:00 PT / August 5th 14:00 AEST - August 6th 14:00 AEST
  • EU August 5th 16:00 CEST - August 6th 16:00 CEST
The tallied results from all the regions should come out at around 15:00 GMT on Sunday, unless Nintendo decided that no, let's have all the regions declare their own winners and losers.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

I really like Salmon Run. Here's to hoping that Nintendo will keep expanding it. And that I won't get any more Chargers in it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

what the gently caress, man

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Splatoon was a mistake

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Jesus Christ get out

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Octoling invasion to their homes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

DalaranJ posted:

The other thing with the Tri-Slosher is that the side shots deal full damage. You don't even have to aim at your target all that well, which makes up for the shorter range.

There is damage dropoff for all the Sloshers, but that's only if you're above your target. Otherwise, you always deal base damage with them.

The Tri-Slosher is definitely not without weaknesses, but I wouldn't mind if it got a few hits. Maybe if the side shots didn't deal full damage.