Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ernie. posted:

Bowmore what will you say if drowned ends up being town?
he should have been playing a better town game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ernie. posted:

Bowmore what will you say if drowned ends up being town?
this question is incredibly [gently caress I forgot the word] idk but it feels like something scum would ask to make me look bad if dipj does actually flip town

like a "leading" question?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I'm not trying to make you look bad or good, I was asking a question. I just want to know who's next on your list and how your interpretation of the game changes. You're the only reason I'm even hesitating on drowned. Like he got angry enough to no longer be active yesterday and you're pushing the vote without actually putting in any opinion forward. It's mostly 'oh is that what you think, PlayerX, well okay!'

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

When I'm stuck thinking about a game I just ask myself 'who seems the least panicked?' right now that seems to be you.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I will vote but I feel bad because I figure there would be more discussion. Try not to hammer, I guess.

##vote Drowned

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
This is a mistaaaaaake

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hard to say until we see a flip

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

drowned in pussy juice (4): Jedit, PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect, bowmore, Ernie., Tired Moritz
Lynch No One! (1): PMush Perfect, Ernie., Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz, Ernie.
Ernie. (1): bowmore, bowmore, drowned in pussy juice, Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz
Tired Moritz (1): CirclMastr

Not Voting (1): Yorkshire Tea

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 04th, 2017 at 7 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 10 hours, 23 minutes.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
i dont really like how circlmastr still has his vote on me. does he really have no opinions between drowned and ernie

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I'll hammer, but I'm keeping it open for chat until nearer the deadline.

My reasons are as listed earlier.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

i dont really like how circlmastr still has his vote on me. does he really have no opinions between drowned and ernie

I've already stated my opinion on drowned and ernie, I don't think either one is scum. If I took my vote off you it would be to put it on bowmore and that seems equally unlikely to accomplish anything.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CirclMastr posted:

I've already stated my opinion on drowned and ernie, I don't think either one is scum. If I took my vote off you it would be to put it on bowmore and that seems equally unlikely to accomplish anything.
Can we get more than gut from you about why you don't like bowmore? I know you're in a bad way, but the game is kind of getting close to high gear.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

Can we get more than gut from you about why you don't like bowmore? I know you're in a bad way, but the game is kind of getting close to high gear.

If I had more than gut I would provide it.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Hello friends. I'm about to go out so I want to hammer before I do.

Does anyone have anything interesting to add? Imma take a shower and be back in a half hour to do the deed.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I just want to tell you both good luck, we're all counting on you.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
I take the absolute silence as nobody really caring.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I made ramen for lunch, if that helps.

Honestly what kind of discussion do you expect when it's a foregone conclusion?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
##vote CirclMastr

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
but srsly I'm not digging CirclMastr's attitude. Why is he acting like he knows what's going to happen anyway?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
##vote DIPJ

:redhammer:

Let it never be said that I didn't give fair warning.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Oh lol whoops.

##unvote

No redhammer, keep playing. I didn't catch the unvote.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

but srsly I'm not digging CirclMastr's attitude. Why is he acting like he knows what's going to happen anyway?
:same:

Circl, you're a cool dude and I hope poo poo with your injury gets better, but you're being pretty drat scummy right now.

##vote CirclMastr

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

CirclMastr posted:

I just want to tell you both good luck, we're all counting on you.

Aight, I'm going to be out drinking now so my vote is now probably out for the count.

As a closing remark.

What on earth did you mean by this CM?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Aight, I'm going to be out drinking now so my vote is now probably out for the count.

As a closing remark.

What on earth did you mean by this CM?

It's a joke? From the movie Airplane?

Tired Moritz posted:

Because I'm a townie who has given up. I'm happy to claim if you want.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CirclMastr posted:

I'm happy to claim if you want.
Please do. If you really are going to check out (definitely too late in the game for a replace, so I understand that at least), please share with us what info you've got.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

Because I'm a townie who has given up. I'm happy to claim if you want.

You know what? I don't need anyone's permission to claim. gently caress it, I'm terrible at Mafia anyway I don't care if this isn't game theory optimal.

I'm a town-aligned bodyguard with a one-shot bulletproof. I won't be notified when my bulletproof aspect is used. I haven't taken any night actions because bodyguarding random people seems dumb so I was waiting for some kind of claim, I was planning to bodyguard dipj but whatever.

Also my flavor is about being "the man with the iron stomach" so I figured I would have some level of protection against nog side effects, so I drank it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
bodyguarding randomly is actually good

not being told that your bulletproof would expire sounds sketchy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CirclMastr posted:

I haven't taken any night actions because bodyguarding random people seems dumb
What.

If your bodyguard was one-shot, then sure, but what. Well, if I didn't think you were scum before, I sure do now.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

bodyguarding randomly is actually good

not being told that your bulletproof would expire sounds sketchy.

Oh. Like I said, I'm bad at Mafia.

I don't like the "not being told" part but I guess it's there for some game balance reason?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Fine, I'll humor you. What did you think would be the downside of bodyguarding someone who wasn't getting shot at?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

If your bodyguard was one-shot, then sure, but what. Well, if I didn't think you were scum before, I sure do now.

My thought process was that the last thing I would want to do is save scum from a vigilante or SK. Which is unlikely but not significantly moreso than randomly picking the right townie to guard against a night kill.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

gently caress, I actually buy this. If Circl was newbie scum, he'd have been advised to make a safer fake-claim less likely to get caught in a lie on, like regular bulletproof.

##unvote

Live and learn, Circl. Live and learn.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
we had no double deaths this whole game and we just had two 3p left the game, and you still thought there was a chance of a sk?

considering that you're always calculating how many scum are in games, I find it very weird.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

we had no double deaths this whole game and we just had two 3p left the game, and you still thought there was a chance of a sk?

considering that you're always calculating how many scum are in games, I find it very weird.

:cripes:

Goddamit, this game is all kinds of hosed up.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

CirclMastr posted:

You know what? I don't need anyone's permission to claim. gently caress it, I'm terrible at Mafia anyway I don't care if this isn't game theory optimal.

I'm a town-aligned bodyguard with a one-shot bulletproof. I won't be notified when my bulletproof aspect is used. I haven't taken any night actions because bodyguarding random people seems dumb so I was waiting for some kind of claim, I was planning to bodyguard dipj but whatever.

Also my flavor is about being "the man with the iron stomach" so I figured I would have some level of protection against nog side effects, so I drank it.

Wait wait.

So you have bodyguard with a shot of bulletproof and you choose not to use it.

And your reason is that you might accidentally protect a scum player.

Jesus Christ just use your abilities!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
less than 3 hours before deadline, peeps

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
who the hell are the two people who aren't voting at all

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I just want to say that CirclMastr had

1) used a gut claim to literally vote none of the vote leaders
2) despite having gut claims, had done nothing to actively read what posts that are apparently pinging him
3) actively not using his ability to help town in any way

if he's town, we're basically -1 because he's not even trying.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

who the hell are the two people who aren't voting at all

The two people with food references in their usernames.

I hope my jokephase post isn't actually accurate.

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Oh lol whoops.

##unvote

No redhammer, keep playing. I didn't catch the unvote.

If you're willing to hammer DIPJ, why aren't you willing to keep him at -1?

• Locked thread