Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Holy crap. You always expect a little bit of exaggeration with a good story, but this is even funnier than he described. I have to assume their other stories are even wackier than how they tell them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I don't care what anyone says or how funny any of the other members may or may not be, Sajdak is the heart of WHM

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

GrandpaPants posted:

Does anyone have a timestamp for the Macy's Thanksgiving parade story?

54:20ish

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The Macy's story is incredible and is absolutely out of a Seinfeld episode. If I heard it on a random radio show I'd assume it was made up. That's nuts.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Steve Sadjack.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I don't know what weird coyote trickster god is responsible for Steve, but I'm glad he got bored enough to make him.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Calaveron posted:

They're thirty-something year-old film studies New Yorkers

https://twitter.com/stephensajdak/status/890032632628731904

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I'm gonna miss Cabin

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

sexpig by night posted:

I'm gonna miss Cabin

He's already come back from the dead once anyway.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

"HEY SAJDAK!"

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
The sand! The sand is everywhere! I'm gonna get it in my little holes! Is a line that should've elicit more laughter

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

I want Cabin gone permanently, he's never made me laugh, I'm bitter and sarcastic enough in my head I guess

Wow, the ad drop in this latest episode is the sloppiest timing I've heard, it literally cuts into the middle of a joke! But I love Spanish Flea so I don't mind!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

thrawn527 posted:

"HEY SAJDAK!"

Which episode is that from anyway? I totally forgot why they were talking about possible/almost certain causes of death

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

Which episode is that from anyway? I totally forgot why they were talking about possible/almost certain causes of death

Can't remember the episode but it was from a live show promo and a disgruntled Steve fan

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

it's in the Buried Alive ep, they thought Steve would be assassinated because he refuses to poo poo on Eraserhead or whatever

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

ZoDiAC_ posted:

I want Cabin gone permanently, he's never made me laugh, I'm bitter and sarcastic enough in my head I guess

While I find him the least funny of the 4 regulars, I cannot hate him just because of the way he delivers the line, "HE SET HER ON FIRE!" during the Maniac Cop 3 episode.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
His "What the gently caress?" when exposed to the racist Mexican puppet during the Tango and Cash episode was amazing.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Cabin's like the straight man to three color commentators. He's not as funny, but his depth of film knowledge can sometimes add context to the insanity of some of the movies they watch. I always appreciate the weird detours into John Cassevetes and stuff like that.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Without Cabin we wouldn't have Zoo

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
How can anyone hate Cabin? You people are broke brains

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Cabin is awesome, if only for that mailbag where they all dig up stories about him being a serious drug fiend.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

well why not posted:

Cabin is awesome, if only for that mailbag where they all dig up stories about him being a serious drug fiend.

Also the entirety of Hard Target

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I feel like being a drug fiend is step one of being a movie critic, just due to Strugeon's law. Gotta get through those Adam Sandlers somehow.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Calaveron posted:

Also the entirety of Hard Target

"HE'S A WHAT?!"

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Is there an episode the jokes about Zoo sort of started in or is it something that has just been part of the show?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It's hilarious cuz I have seen Zoo and it is actually really good, in the eeriest creepiest way

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Calaveron posted:

I don't care what anyone says or how funny any of the other members may or may not be, Sajdak is the heart of WHM

It sucks that he's absent it a lot of the older episodes. They have a distinct lower energy to them.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

thrawn527 posted:

"HEY SAJDAK!"

I drunkenly yelled that at them when they entered the bar area after their show in LA last year. Steve made a confused face and said "oh god am I gonna get murdered?" Worth it.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Andorra posted:

Is there an episode the jokes about Zoo sort of started in or is it something that has just been part of the show?

Nearest I can remember is the Cyberseduction episode, but there might be some jokes and references before that.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Listening to Tango & Cash again, and I forgot how great the homophobic IMDB user review bit is.

Eric: "Gay men wear suits, straight men wear suits. Women wear suits. I've even seen a goddamn monkey wear a suit."

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Any goons get their pick chosen for request month or had a letter read on a mailbag?

I got on a mailbag episode way back when they were first starting them, I wrote in talking about all the lovely movies my teachers would make us watch in high school, and my advisement teacher putting rotten.com on the projector and looking at motorcycle accidents and poo poo

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
I was the guy from a few mailbags ago that had WHM playing on accident while I was carrying a cross with a bunch of churchy people. The subject was Data's dick.

I've since been fired from that job.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Low Desert Punk posted:

Any goons get their pick chosen for request month or had a letter read on a mailbag?

I got on a mailbag episode way back when they were first starting them, I wrote in talking about all the lovely movies my teachers would make us watch in high school, and my advisement teacher putting rotten.com on the projector and looking at motorcycle accidents and poo poo

I only ever wrote to let them know that postal police do exist (I forget how they even brought it up), and there were two Lou Gossett movies about them for some reason.

I feel like I should write in with the story of my friend freaking out in a theater during Sum of All Fears (loving *screaming* "AHAHAHAHA THE BOMB WENT OFF, THE BOMB NEVER GOES OFF"), but it doesn't really stack up next to stories of fish-eating ladies.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Low Desert Punk posted:

I was Bob from Boston who requested foodfight

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
You monster!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Low Desert Punk posted:

I wrote in to tell them my horror stories about all the films I've seen with my intelligentsia parents like The Brown Bunny & Irreversible & Visitor Q

I'd like to send in a pick for request month but I can't ever think of anything, personally. I don't see a lot of bad movies and a lot of the ones I have seen aren't really great WHM material...like, maybe A Day Without a Mexican?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLIXn_qydQw

very important WHM content

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Ha! Nice work finding it. You should tweet this at him. https://twitter.com/stephensajdak

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
From the "PYF Funny Pictures" thread:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
When does the show come back? I can never remember, then when I finally check back, I've missed a dozen new episodes (not a bad feeling). Is it Oct for the Spooktacular?

My picks for request month:

Fist of the North Star
Sin City 2
Constantine
Movie 43
House of the Dead
Zaat
Laserblast
Things
Blair Witch II: Book of Shadows
Simon Sez
Double Impact
Expendables I or II
Rambo (2008)
Red Sonja
Vanilla Sky
3,000 Miles to Graceland
Temple of Doom (air it out already)
Shoot 'Em Up
The Last Boyscout
(not strictly a list of bad movies, just ones I'd like to hear the guys discuss)

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 5, 2017