Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I saw bully demise in wrestling school, sgf should sue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Propaganda Hour posted:

True, and I think we can all tacitly agree that videogame people are the absolute worst.

I'm a videogame person

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Propaganda Hour posted:

True, and I think we can all tacitly agree that videogame people are the absolute worst.

I was enjoying playing Splatoon 2 so I thought to myself, "I'm gonna check out the thread and see what cool stuff people are talking about!"

The post quoted above remains accurate

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

In Training posted:

I'm a videogame person

:ohdear:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I was enjoying playing Splatoon 2 so I thought to myself, "I'm gonna check out the thread and see what cool stuff people are talking about!"

The post quoted above remains accurate

That thread is generally alright, just today people started getting weird and thirsty over Marina again

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm a video game.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i'm a gamer hello

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gimme a gamer hell yeah if you love Super Mario Bros. 3 and fidget spinners!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

The movie was ok

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

From the director of The Mission and The Killing Fields comes... Super Mario Bros.
Biggest career swerve ever

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Lizard Wizard posted:

The movie was ok

All I needed to know about that movie was someone asking if the kid was the main character in the books too.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm reminded of the 3DS Badge Arcade app which had some weird diaper fetish furry drawing his fursona giving "biting commentary" on the game's rabbit. There was one post that was just someone saying "....is he wearing a diaper?" and his response back was that yes, the bear is wearing a diaper, because he's a baby so he needs to wear one.

He's still bear-posting.

Maybe Miiverse was a mistake after all

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Propaganda Hour posted:

Agreed, but Jeff Gerstmann and Vinny Caravella are both good people.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Abby Russell and Ben Pack were extremely good hires imo

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

Abby Russell and Ben Pack were extremely good hires imo

ben brought back dota so he's one of the worst hires

In Training posted:

Gimme a gamer hell yeah if you love Super Mario Bros. 3 and fidget spinners!

*dabs @ u*

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

So should I buy Majora's Mask or not

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Lizard Wizard posted:

Yes! And learn to speedrun it

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It's a good game, buy it. I think it's probably one of the better sequel games.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I'm going to play Majora's Mask when it's on the Switch

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I'm finally playing fire emblem echoes after getting it on launch day and not doing more than the first tutorial fight, and I can't help but wonder about how rad it would be to play a fire emblem on switch. Thankfully, I don't have to wonder for much longer!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Play Majora's Mask on 3DS if that is an option, the improvements they added are good plus it looks better than the blurry mess that is N64 era graphics.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Isn't the Fire Emblem Switch game just a reskinned Dynasty Warriors?

Admittedly I haven't played a musou game since DW4 so I don't know if they are good now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Majora's mask is the best Zelda game

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

I've been watching meme compilations on Youtube all day and I am ready to purposefully gently caress up artifacts in my jpegs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I'm finally playing fire emblem echoes after getting it on launch day and not doing more than the first tutorial fight, and I can't help but wonder about how rad it would be to play a fire emblem on switch. Thankfully, I don't have to wonder for much longer!

Echoes sucks rear end

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Isn't the Fire Emblem Switch game just a reskinned Dynasty Warriors?

Admittedly I haven't played a musou game since DW4 so I don't know if they are good now

There's a musou game coming out this fall, then an actual Fire Emblem is scheduled for next year.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lizard Wizard posted:

always, but on the 3ds

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

In Training posted:

Echoes sucks rear end

In only a grand total of maybe 8 battles in (including the ones I did in that first thieves cave, so still pretty early), but some of the mechanical changes feel weird, but I'm willing to keep an open mind and reserve judgement until I'm further in. That said, stat growths so far seem glacially slow.

Poops Mcgoots fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Aug 5, 2017

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i enjoyed echoes more than birthright. but hey, i bought the lovely version of fates so i guess that's on me

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Play Majora's Mask on 3DS if that is an option, the improvements they added are good plus it looks better than the blurry mess that is N64 era graphics.
The blurry N64 graphics really add to Majora's Mask's atmosphere IMO.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Quote ain't edit y'all.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Poops Mcgoots posted:

In only a grand total of maybe 8 battles in (including the ones I did in that first thieves cave, so still pretty early), but some of the mechanical changes feel weird. That said, I'm willing to keep an open mind and reserve judgement until I'm further in. That said, stat growths so far seem glacially slow.

low stat growths are super cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Low stat growth rates aren't why echoes is boring

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I love a lot of Echoes ideas but a lot of them just don't work very well. The low stat growths and character traits are great and I actually like the weapon system but man does it get dull as dishwater in any dungeon area.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
i am become dad, dater of dads

also kingdoms and castles is pretty cute and i don't quite know what i'm doing in it yet

and i'm drunk and drinking coffee at bedtime :beerpal: :respek: :coffeepal:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

https://twitter.com/chrisgrant/status/893644803006578689

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What are the allegations anyway

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

What are the allegations anyway
sexual harassment, but what kind and of who is really vague and a lot of it's been expressed in vague tweets more meant to dunk on him like it's a known quality

im glad polygon are taking it seriously though, allegations like that should be investigated and presumably they've been emailed stuff as this has Developed

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
People are talking about how it was his position that helped him hide, but it seems like the women he was being a creeper towards just weren't saying anything, so he just continued what he had been doing consequence free.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

remember when a woman got fired from her job at Nintendo due to similar nonexistent "allegations" that popped up after she pissed off internet creepazoids by existing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Guy Mann posted:

remember when a woman got fired from her job at Nintendo due to similar nonexistent "allegations" that popped up after she pissed off internet creepazoids by existing
i think theres a pretty big diff. between internet creeps getting mad at a woman for existing and women accusing a man of sexual harassment

nick robinson isnt even some internet rightwinger that people would dislike or something. he works at polygon. the worse he's ever done publicly is imply he's horny for krystal. if they wanted to pick some random internet guy to accuse of sexual harassment i think there would be better targets

• Locked thread