Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
September I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
You can also add any movie where people don't know how police work / the internet / white guy karate works.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm going to request The Pest and The Love Guru, which i've done for the past two years.

I'll get my love guru episode eventually.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The Pest is just terrible. I second that.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I think I'll request The Mechanic. It's more of a We Love Situation and I can never get enough of their Charles Bronson impersonations.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
One of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life is a Sean Astin and Matthew Lillard movie called Dish Dogs. It's a movie that I really think would piss them off, and the WHM crew are funniest when they're angry at a movie.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Low Desert Punk posted:

One of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life is a Sean Astin and Matthew Lillard movie called Dish Dogs.

Man, how did that whole goggle thing ever get popular?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Hey WHM Thread....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_I4zqC7GN8

BLAMM

sorry, I don't have anywhere else to make that joke

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Has The Master of Disguise ever been veto-ed? That seriously needs to be an episode. I don't usually go for the straight (Ninety) Two Minutes Hate episodes of WHM but that movie deserves it.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I'm going to do my damndest to get Critters 2 through for the next listener request.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
loving Monster Squad would be my vote. That or Nightbreed.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Has The Master of Disguise ever been veto-ed?

oh yes. Specifically, they said they will never, ever do the rewatch an episode would require. It was in a mailbag episode, wherein some kid was told to leave his girlfriend's house for hating it.

enigmahfc posted:

loving Monster Squad would be my vote

only as a WLM.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Hockles posted:

Hey WHM Thread....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_I4zqC7GN8

BLAMM

sorry, I don't have anywhere else to make that joke

Many Republicans' favorite movie of the year right there. Honestly, Death Wish 3 is probably one of the dumbest piles of garbage I ever thoroughly enjoyed but it's so incredibly dumb and over-the-top. This junk is just too straight-faced and 30 years too late. If you wanted to update the Death Wish story then at least get with the times. The villains would be the cops or alt-right shitheads (who are protected by said cops) and the protagonist would be a minority and/or part of the LGBTQ community. You know, actually discriminated groups who would have all the excuses in the world to fight back.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Jimbot posted:

Many Republicans' favorite movie of the year right there. Honestly, Death Wish 3 is probably one of the dumbest piles of garbage I ever thoroughly enjoyed but it's so incredibly dumb and over-the-top. This junk is just too straight-faced and 30 years too late. If you wanted to update the Death Wish story then at least get with the times. The villains would be the cops or alt-right shitheads (who are protected by said cops) and the protagonist would be a minority and/or part of the LGBTQ community. You know, actually discriminated groups who would have all the excuses in the world to fight back.

:jerkbag:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I just hope Stephen Tobolowsky gets to portray the Giggler in this movie, if the Giggler is indeed in this movie.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Gonz posted:

I just hope Stephen Tobolowsky gets to portray the Giggler in this movie, if the Giggler is indeed in this movie.

Well this is a remake of the first film so he'd be portraying a younger Giggler

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

only as a WLM.

Yeah, Monster Squad is unironically the poo poo.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
We Hate Movies' got nards and virgins.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Explains why we're all hanging out here.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Jimbot posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

He ain't wrong about the Republican part.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

https://twitter.com/amyjojackson/status/894004155932651520

I can't wait for this episode.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Firstborn posted:

When does the show come back? I can never remember, then when I finally check back, I've missed a dozen new episodes (not a bad feeling). Is it Oct for the Spooktacular?

My picks for request month:

Fist of the North Star
Sin City 2
Constantine
Movie 43
House of the Dead
Zaat
Laserblast
Things
Blair Witch II: Book of Shadows
Simon Sez
Double Impact
Expendables I or II
Rambo (2008)
Red Sonja
Vanilla Sky
3,000 Miles to Graceland
Temple of Doom (air it out already)
Shoot 'Em Up
The Last Boyscout
(not strictly a list of bad movies, just ones I'd like to hear the guys discuss)
what is there to discuss about the best Indiana Jones movie?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
They think it's a bad movie.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
And the best Rambo movie?!?!?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Put your post down, sir
You can like a movie

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Did the gang have an episode where they made fun of Gallagher? I've noticed them doing impressions and callbacks like they did, I feel like I missed something.

I'm very excited if so, I'm all about talking poo poo about prop comedian Gallagher

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Fart City posted:

Yeah, Monster Squad is unironically the poo poo.

I thought that too....then I re-watched it a few years ago and found myself cringing the whole time. I should have let it live in the glory that was me at 10 years old.

The monster effects and make-up are still kick rear end, though. It also completely deserves its place as a cult classic and at just over an 1 and twenty minutes, its a good movie to not really pay attention to in the background.

Still not a good movie, though :(

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Aug 6, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Low Desert Punk posted:

Did the gang have an episode where they made fun of Gallagher? I've noticed them doing impressions and callbacks like they did, I feel like I missed something.

I'm very excited if so, I'm all about talking poo poo about prop comedian Gallagher

I know they talk about him during the Bordello of Blood ep, can't remember if that's the first time.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Low Desert Punk posted:

All the impressions are partially based on an infamous interview he gave with Marc Maron where he basically had a meltdown and stormed out of the studio when Marc asked him about some lovely bigoted jokes he'd made

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

enigmahfc posted:

I thought that too....then I re-watched it a few years ago and found myself cringing the whole time. I should have let it live in the glory that was me at 10 years old.

The monster effects and make-up are still kick rear end, though. It also completely deserves its place as a cult classic and at just over an 1 and twenty minutes, its a good movie to not really pay attention to in the background.

Still not a good movie, though :(

I rewatched it a couple years ago and it still holds up.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Punkin Spunkin posted:

And the best Rambo movie?!?!?

Second best but who's counting really.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
They lean in heavily on the Gallagher impressions in Kindergarten Cop 2 too (and it's very funny)

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Firstborn posted:

When does the show come back? I can never remember, then when I finally check back, I've missed a dozen new episodes (not a bad feeling). Is it Oct for the Spooktacular?

My picks for request month:

Laserblast

(not strictly a list of bad movies, just ones I'd like to hear the guys discuss)

There are several MST3K movies that I would love to hear them do and Laserblast might be the best choice. MST3K's format doesn't exactly lend itself to discussing things at length or bringing in outside information. Laserblast came out the year after Star Wars and Close Encounters and clearly wanted to ride that craze. They didn't have a good enough story or budget to do that but they were still audacious enough to blow up a Star Wars billboard on screen. I would really like to hear them tear into it. I like even more to hear their disgust at how gross the human form was in the 70's.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Detective No. 27 posted:

I rewatched it a couple years ago and it still holds up.

They got Tom Noonan playing Frankenstein's monster and the best designed version of the Gillman, ever. What's not to love?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Fart City posted:

They got Tom Noonan playing Frankenstein's monster and the best designed version of the Gillman, ever. What's not to love?

Homophobic slurs?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Also the slut shaming.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

the On-Screen for Spider-Man is up, it's good but a bit weird - sound quality is a little low and it sounds unedited, or as if it's recorded via skype.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

bobkatt013 posted:

Homophobic slurs?

True.

But Tom Noooonan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

If oogie poo poo makes you retroactively hate movies how do you watch literally anything from before 2008?