Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Benson Cunningham posted:

How good was Grace Gummer this season though?

Detective Lollipop was loving amazing. For me she is the best TV cop outside of The Wire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Joey Badass was also a stand out actor this past season. Can't wait to see where his characters arc goes as well as the FBI agent.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
In life imitates art news, Trump recently remarked to a reporter that he made the decision to bomb Syria over cake:

" I was sitting at the table. We had finished dinner. We're now having dessert. And we had the most beautiful piece of chocolate cake that you've ever seen, and President Xi was enjoying it. And I was given the message from the generals that the ships are locked and loaded, what do you do? And we made a determination to do it, so the missiles were on the way."

Which reminded me a lot of the scene where Terry Colby tells Angela in detail about how they were eating shrimp cocktail when they made the decision to cover up the toxic waste leak.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yup.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

GutBomb posted:

What mystery? This isn't the "they're the same person" poo poo again is it? Because they aren't.

They're clearly not the same person. But the scene in the first season where Tyrell alludes to knowing his secret (IIRC) has never been explained whatsoever. And there's still the mystery of where Tyrell has been and why Elliot blacked out following the big credit wipe.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Except Trump bombed a bunch of supervillains and Terry Colby poisoned a bunch of innocents

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
I really liked the prison stuff, though I didn't really see it as a "twist". I thought it was pretty well foreshadowed from the beginning.

Zzulu posted:

Except Trump bombed a bunch of supervillains and Terry Colby poisoned a bunch of innocents

There's an estimated 1,472 civilian casualties since Trump took office and ordered airstrikes.

curse of flubber fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Apr 21, 2017

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Zzulu posted:

Except Trump, a supervillain, bombed a bunch, and Terry Colby poisoned a bunch of innocents

I edited your quote a bit to make it more accurate.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
of all the things trump done, bombing a bunch of evil syrians is like, one of the better ones.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Season 3 of this show will be a parody of Sherlock season 3. Tyrell was Elliot's best friend when he was a kid. Darlene's been dead this whole time. Also he had a dog.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

Wild Horses posted:

of all the things trump done, bombing a bunch of evil syrians is like, one of the better ones.

what is this what are you doing

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I just watched all of season 2 on amazon and while i thought S1 was great i think now they're trying way too hard to be deliberately obtuse for obtuseness sake

I have no loving idea what is even going on

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Did anyone else get the eCoin email?

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 22, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Constant posted:

I just watched all of season 2 on amazon and while i thought S1 was great i think now they're trying way too hard to be deliberately obtuse for obtuseness sake

I have no loving idea what is even going on

They're either setting up time travel and parallel dimensions or faking everyone out into thinking they are. Either way, I'm strapped in for this ride. Season 2 was amazing on rewatch.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Samizdata posted:

Did anyone else get the eCoin email?

I'm waiting for it to be released after August 1st. Bitfinex is going to explode.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

precision posted:

They're either setting up time travel and parallel dimensions or faking everyone out into thinking they are. Either way, I'm strapped in for this ride. Season 2 was amazing on rewatch.

This certainly looks like the case, but I really hope not. It'll be a shame if they take a show that was lauded for being one of the most "realistic" depictions of hacking on TV and go all multidimensional or time travelling.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

blunt posted:

This certainly looks like the case, but I really hope not. It'll be a shame if they take a show that was lauded for being one of the most "realistic" depictions of hacking on TV and go all multidimensional or time travelling.

Considering how quantum computers are totally loving with our understanding of parallel realities, it honestly could work.

William Gibson's latest novel The Peripheral uses quantum computers to "exploit" alternate realities and while he (very obviously) doesn't explain the exact physics of it, the way it's explained does end up making total sense and it's his best novel in like, 20 years.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Wait, what? What about the end of season 2 made you think this?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

Wait, what? What about the end of season 2 made you think this?

Everything with White Rose, and the teaser line "Do you have the time?"

Last I checked it's still a credible theory that White Rose is two people, one of which is a sister from another timeline.

Look, I smoke a lot of weed, and you know this. :)

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

I hope they don't use quantum computers to "hack reality" after being kinda accurate so far. It would be such a massive jump from actual hacking, that it would sound plausible to everyone but the people who do actual hacking, which it seems is a good chunk of their audience.

It would be a Big Bang Theory show level stretch. LOL World of Warcraft and comic books am I right? :xd:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

Everything with White Rose, and the teaser line "Do you have the time?"

Last I checked it's still a credible theory that White Rose is two people, one of which is a sister from another timeline.

Look, I smoke a lot of weed, and you know this. :)

I support your weed smoking 110%.

That is WAY out there. The numpties can hardly follow it as it is.

Lackmaster
Mar 1, 2011
...I really hope that's not the case and that Whiterose is genuinely transgendered and utilizes the idea of multiple dimensions to standardize their existence in a world that does not accept their identity.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lackmaster posted:

...I really hope that's not the case and that Whiterose is genuinely transgendered and utilizes the idea of multiple dimensions to standardize their existence in a world that does not accept their identity.

I would prefer this too honestly

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011
thirded

too lazy to check, when does s3 air?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I really hope that they don't incorporate time travel into this show because that would be stupid

EDIT: To elaborate a bit it just feels like too much of a swerve in a show that has stayed pretty grounded outside of Elliot's mindfucks and the weirdness of whatever White Rose is doing. People here were convinced that the plan Tyrell was going to show Elliot was a time machine and I was relieved when it turned out that he just wanted to blow up a building

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jul 24, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Skizzzer posted:

thirded

too lazy to check, when does s3 air?

like October I think

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm just hoping that whatever the deal with Tyrell and Elliot is, it isn't stupid. Like I said, please don't pull a Sherlock.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Elliot is Tyrell

saw that from a mile away

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Constant posted:

Elliot is Tyrell

saw that from a mile away

It's been discussed in this thread several times and makes absolutely no sense. They are separate individuals.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

It's too obvious; also there's a baby and a lot of evidence Tyrell and Elliot exist together in the real world.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
It seems pretty obvious to me that there has just been interaction between Elliot and Tyrell that we as viewers aren't privy to, and that Elliot doesn't remember it because he's loving crazy. I don't think they mystery between them goes beyond that.

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
I wish it had stayed a running thing where Tyrell would keep coming up with crazy schemes to climb the ladder at ecorp only for them to blow up in his face, just for that look of chagrin.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmtaZ8sOfbk

https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/4/16089486/mr-robot-season-3-trailer-watch-rami-malek for info on the internet treasure hunt it took to find it.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Looks like an exciting season. I'm hoping they ditch the methodical pacing of the previous season and have the plot develop a little faster.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

oh gently caress that looks so good

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Hah, the new trailer drops the day after I saw Joey Badass on an American Eagle ad poster at the mall and wondered when we're going to get new info on the show.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Yea itd be cool if this season was just full on whatever action/matrix/dark knight stuff. The show cant have many more seasons in it, maybe goes to 4. So press the pedal down and do it, jump through whatever wormhole this thing is gonna jump through

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

KoRMaK posted:

Yea itd be cool if this season was just full on whatever action/matrix/dark knight stuff. The show cant have many more seasons in it, maybe goes to 4. So press the pedal down and do it, jump through whatever wormhole this thing is gonna jump through

I am pretty sure the show has been planned for 4 seasons from the start.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

I don't see this heading into alternate realities at all.

Frankly, with Trump I don't see how the show does anything other than continue to go hard with the politics and present-day dystopia angle. Time travel would undercut all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

New Hype :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMK5e-FSro0

blunt fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Sep 2, 2017

• Locked thread