Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
monthly dues amendment failed. apparently it needed a 2/3rds vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

monthly dues amendment failed. apparently it needed a 2/3rds vote

Don't worry the dude that drafted it shoved it into the resolutions as well (which need simply majority)

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

re:Monthly dues

The option on the website still exists. I've already spoke with members of my chapter delegation to do a chapter level monthly dues drive.

Also, spoke the monthly dues guy, he said he's more concerned with the resolution than the constitutional amendment anyways.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

wow just walked in and this is real drat boring

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

where is the gamer caucus meeting?

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

jarofpiss posted:

where is the gamer caucus meeting?

Back at the bar, I hope.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

is there a goon caucus?

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer
Buy some merch from me at the help desk you bitches

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

Lol so goodbye to most of our members, monthly dues are in.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

jarofpiss posted:

is there a goon caucus?

You're standing in it.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Syndlig posted:

Lol so goodbye to most of our members, monthly dues are in.

ugh

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
mandatory...? and how much

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/893573167628865536

This is shameful

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

mandatory...? and how much

I'm reading tweets that it's "preferred"? Can someone confirm if it's mandatory or not?

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I'm reading tweets that it's "preferred"? Can someone confirm if it's mandatory or not?

i don't think it matters much tbh. I'm really worried people will see monthly and immediately back out

big black turnout has issued a correction as of 00:45 on Aug 5, 2017

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

:lol:

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

I'm pretty sure it's just shuffling the pages around on the website, not actually changing the dues structure significantly.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
monthly poos

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

big black turnout posted:

i don't think it matters much tbh. I'm really worried people will see monthly and immediately back out

if they just add it as an option along with the others i don't see it having much of an effect compared to what members fees does already. That said if they put it front and center then eeeeesh

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Resolution 28 sounded sounds good.

eta: :getin:

GunnerJ has issued a correction as of 01:24 on Aug 5, 2017

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

It's already an option. In fact, that's what I did and consequently I've been free-riding because I had to close that card and haven't bothered to re-do it yet. Get an angry letter from Maria Svart every month...

Should really fix that, hmm...

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The plenary on organizing and recruitment strategies has been replaced with additional discussion of amendments and points of order in what is probably the most perfect microcosm of leftism in history.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I feel like there may have been more time for debate and discussion if they hadn't spent so much time debating and discussing whether to carve out more time for debate and discussion.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

d&d proven to be real bad irl too

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Bushiz posted:

The plenary on organizing and recruitment strategies has been replaced with additional discussion of amendments and points of order in what is probably the most perfect microcosm of leftism in history.

lmao

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

A hero with a better grasp of parliamentary procedure than the rest of us made it so that didn't happen and forced the lanyards to deal with it.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Watching the DSA reinvent the wheel a dozen times as they grow over the next few years is going to be a fun thread sport

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/893635541345771522

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

democracy proving to be a failure as we all knew it would be

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Autism Sneaks posted:

Watching the DSA reinvent the wheel a dozen times as they grow over the next few years is going to be a fun thread sport

can't wait for them to somehow end up in exactly the same place as the democrats

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

So I heard you can get a gangtag if you put in a donation

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

So much for...

https://twitter.com/algiordano/status/893629171867541509
https://twitter.com/algiordano/status/893646056176590849

Wraith of J.O.I. has issued a correction as of 02:41 on Aug 5, 2017

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

next convention we should get copies of robert's revised rules forcibly shoved through delegates hotel rooms doors

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

also lmao

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Bushiz posted:

Oh good now I'm happy I wasn't able to make it

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Raskolnikov38 posted:

next convention we should get copies of robert's revised rules forcibly shoved through delegates hotel rooms doors

I'm surprised people still use RR that much; they really shouldn't be treated as though they were handed down by a prophet imo, mainly in that it tends to sometimes turn assemblies into competitions of who understands their Roberts better.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

I propose a schism where we create working class solidarity through whiskey and stuffing Robert's rules boys in the toilet who's with me

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Business Gorillas posted:

I propose a schism where we create working class solidarity through whiskey and stuffing Robert's rules boys in the toilet who's with me

Make it bourbon and you got yourself a schism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

whisky vs whiskey schism already tearing it apart