Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Sploosh-o-matic fuckin rules if you stay really aggressive and get right up in someone's face. The crap range and accuracy don't matter if you're right in their grill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

1 more hour hype!!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

In Training posted:

1 more hour hype!!

I'm so excited. If any Team Ketchup's that are friends with me see a Sean with an N'Zap than it's me. Add me if you want me to help: SW-1651-3438-4706:hf:

My only regret is I'll probably only see white and red ink once or twice due to ketchup having a huge popularity advantage.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 5, 2017

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Atoramos posted:

This is sort of what I meant when I was complaining about the Turf War matchmaking. Not just a level difference, but I would repeatedly have games that were actually 3v3 or 3v2 matches where multiple players just ran around or were afk. I don't seem to have that issue right now (I've played maybe 6 matches now without a player below 15ish), but perhaps that's because there's many people playing right now and I'm just getting lucky. The mode's a great casual mode when the matches are somewhat balanced.

The problem with that mode is that I keep getting matched against tomato cans whenever I play it - I had a run of 15 games in a row where I was averaging 20 splats a game.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
In Splatoon 1 the key to the Sploosh-o-matic was to aim for the crotch according to a Youtube video I watched earlier today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxonKomiVGo&t=100s

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm not gonna be able to play for a bit. How long does the splatfest last?

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm not gonna be able to play for a bit. How long does the splatfest last?

24 hours.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

well, drat.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

GI_Clutch posted:

In Splatoon 1 the key to the Sploosh-o-matic was to aim for the crotch according to a Youtube video I watched earlier today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxonKomiVGo&t=100s

Just tested it out. The same holds up here too. Aim downwards once you're in position so your shots don't miss.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
So, I went from Profreshional to Part-timer tonight. I just wanted to catch fish, not work in the salt mine. What's the best way to play with goons?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

So does this pop off at midnight?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

kidcoelacanth posted:

So does this pop off at midnight?

EST so less than 30 min from now.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I would wish the Mayo faction good luck, but we know that would be a lie.

Instead I only hope that as you wallow in defeat you find acceptance in the fact you chose the inferior condiment :wotwot:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Instead I only hope that as you wallow in defeat you find acceptance in the fact you chose the inferior condiment :wotwot:

who honestly chose ketchup because they prefer ketchup and not because it's Marina's side?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TFRazorsaw posted:

who honestly chose ketchup because they prefer ketchup and not because it's Marina's side?

Me. Mayo is gross.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I mean if the results are condensed globally, ketchup will need all the help it can get. Japan loves their Kewpie mayo.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

If Pearl was representing mustard, I would have chosen her. As it stands, I hate ketchup slightly less than mayonnaise.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Ketchup is the less offensive option, not the better one. Mayo is a filthy condiment for garbage people.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

I chose ketchup because Whataburger spicy ketchup is the tastiest condiment.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

TFRazorsaw posted:

I chose ketchup just to be the color red. both condiments are the inferior option to barbecue sauce.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I like mayo and ketchup pretty equally and I usually have them in tandem v:v:v

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Splatfest soon!!!!!!

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

TFRazorsaw posted:

My condiment rankings are hot sauce > mustard > ketchup > mayo. Mayo has its uses (tuna salad (sparingly) and grilled cheese) but ketchup + fries is one of the greatest food combinations on Earth (even if it doesn't have many other applications). Mustard is great, I eat it with pretty much any kind of sandwich, you can dip chicken nuggets in honey mustard, and there's no better partner to a pretzel than some stone ground mustard.

Hot sauce, however, is the best condiment because it can be put on nearly anything and taste great. Any sort of Mexican dish gets a healthy dosing of chipotle hot sauce, Frank's goes great with chicken and (some) soups and siracha is fantastic for when you want something to taste like, um, siracha (and not much else).

But since my first and second condiment choices weren't options, I went with my third.

(Also you might think I forgot relish. I did not. If you want pickles on your burger or hot dog, put a loving pickle on it, don't bother with loving relish. And if you do add a pickle, it better be a dill one. Sweet pickles are the worst and you're terrible for liking them)

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Aug 5, 2017

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

Splatfest soon!!!!!!
Epic thisery.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Pearl and Marina changed colors for the event :3:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It should have been relish vs. ketchup, then maybe Pearl would have something resembling a chance.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
There aren't going to be any mayo people are there

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
Any Mayos wanna squid up?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was bummed about the idea of a splatfest exclusive map but now that I've played it they can keep it in splatfests lol. Probably the worst map in Splatoon history

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy

The Manticore posted:

Any Mayos wanna squid up?

I'm down.

FC: SW-2046-2665-2130

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
jesus chirst these colors are a living nightmare

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Marina looks good in red.

Pearl looks like she fell in a vat of bleach.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Prepare to be destroyed, mayonnaise lovers.

EDIT: Ketchup vs. Ketchup matches already.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
This mayo ink is repugnant... and I'm the one shooting it!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Out here defending the good name of mayo from the Haters

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Is team battle the only way to play with friends or can they just select to join me in solo play?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

jesus chirst these colors are a living nightmare

I've only seen pink vs blue :\

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

imagine the smell of these maps

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Who the hell let the octarians design a stage this is awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
i swear to god if australia removed the red and white ink i'll be pissed.
if its saved for actual ketchup v mayo battles i'll be a little pissed, i've only seen green and purple so far.

e: thank god its Red V White when its actually Ketchup v Mayo

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Aug 5, 2017