Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Thinkin' bout them dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Croatoan posted:

Aldo I'm gonna get 2lbs of smoked Gouda for $6 because their cheese is amazingly cheap. Oh and the salmon cakes because those are the best thing Costco sells.

This is true. I got some Kerrygold cheese for like $5 where it'd be $7+ anywhere else. That poo poo is expensive.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
FYI a lot of warehouses open doors earlier than posted hours. The one I worked at during college would open about 10-15 min early.
I work at the Canadian office now and the warehouse we are beside opens at 9:30 every weekday because upper management is alllwayyss doing walks / just shopping.

MojoAZ
Jan 1, 2010
We moved into a house right across the street from a Costco two years ago. It's actually the closest store to my house, closer than a regular grocery. We make our membership fee back in gas alone. I was also able to break my wife's pricey Whole Foods habit by introducing her to Costco's selection of organic foods.

I work from home, so sometimes for lunch I'll go over and just graze on the free samples. If you go on a weekday, the lines aren't usually too bad.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Our Costco has a sign that says they open at 10 on Sundays but, here's a lil tip, they actual open at 9 :getin:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
ok check this craziness

the independent gas station around the corner from me now has the same prices for gas as my Costco

and it has a freakin 7-11 WITH A BATHROOM.

im shook

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I save 30-50 cents a gallon, it's frankly, a miracle.

PBUC

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
folks i can officially say that i'm thinking about those dawgs

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
Today I bought three rotisserie chickens from Costco. I'll deconstruct them for lunches, dinners, and general foodery. Make a chicken stock with the bones. Save the grease in the bottom of the pans for the dogs. Dog animal dogs not costco dog dogs. Dog coats are never as shiny as they are on Costco rotisserie chicken day(tm).

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Garcin posted:

Today I bought three rotisserie chickens from Costco. I'll deconstruct them for lunches, dinners, and general foodery. Make a chicken stock with the bones. Save the grease in the bottom of the pans for the dogs. Dog animal dogs not costco dog dogs. Dog coats are never as shiny as they are on Costco rotisserie chicken day(tm).

next level Costco'n right here. :discourse:

Even the dogs are living that Costco life!!!!

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
@Dr. Tim

Thinkin' bout dogs + drinks (w/ refill). U?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Teikanmi posted:

@Dr. Tim

Thinkin' bout dogs + drinks (w/ refill). U?

I just got up, mind free. Then I read your note and I gotta be honest.

I'm thinkin

Bout

Dem

Dogs

$1.50 for a all beef quarter lb hot dog with soda and refill? Sign me up!

DarkEnigma
Mar 31, 2001

Math You posted:

FYI a lot of warehouses open doors earlier than posted hours. The one I worked at during college would open about 10-15 min early.
I work at the Canadian office now and the warehouse we are beside opens at 9:30 every weekday because upper management is alllwayyss doing walks / just shopping.

No kidding, the wife works at central too. I work at 511 and we open early as well. Every single day there is apparently a lineup to get in. I've heard 540 its nuts though, with all the VP's doing their shopping there.

I have you all beat on costco dog consumption. I have one every day, probably for about two years now. I've probably had around 500 dogs.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

500 dogs? A god... made of pure beef! PBUC upon this man

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Living the dog life. All those preservatives will make you live longer so you can keep having dogs longer! What a lucky person.

VVV Didn't know that, that is very rad of them.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Aug 4, 2017

DarkEnigma
Mar 31, 2001
Fun fact, it's probably been mentioned but Costco was tired of the price increases of the hot dogs and other meat products so they stopped buying them from vendors and built their own drat meat factory to produce all the dogs in house.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

DarkEnigma posted:

Fun fact, it's probably been mentioned but Costco was tired of the price increases of the hot dogs and other meat products so they stopped buying them from vendors and built their own drat meat factory to produce all the dogs in house.

Venthoods in bulk

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
filled up last night

didnt get any food court food

dont worry, i return this weekend for normandy blend veggies and possibly a new office chair. my dog awaits!

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Out of coffee and kitty litter, going to the 'co tomorrow.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

SpannerX posted:

Out of coffee and kitty litter, going to the 'co tomorrow.

:same:

I'll be thinkin' about dem dogs until then.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I now have pounds of Normandy Veggies in my freezer. PBUC

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 5, 2017

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Hot sale at the 'Co:

A4 Wagyu Center Cut New York Strip Steaks, 12 oz, 4-count, $399.99 after $100 instant savings. Only $133.33 per pound!

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Highly recommend the "Golden island Korean BBQ pork jerky", just showed up at my local 'co recently. 4.5/5 stars

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

Mons Hubris posted:

Hot sale at the 'Co:

A4 Wagyu Center Cut New York Strip Steaks, 12 oz, 4-count, $399.99 after $100 instant savings. Only $133.33 per pound!

That's pretty decent for Wagyu, though it's not A5. My favorite steakhouse does 12oz strips for $130 so getting one fresh for DIY would be a good deal. Assuming the quality is good, being a non-Costco person who hasn't tested it...

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mons Hubris posted:

Hot sale at the 'Co:

Saw that in the mailer last night. :smug:

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

like tree fiddy for a big rear end tub of hummus this week

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Slider posted:

Highly recommend the "Golden island Korean BBQ pork jerky", just showed up at my local 'co recently. 4.5/5 stars

I wish I had never tried that stuff, because it's so unhealthy, but so delicious. I try not to eat the entire bag in one sitting, and sometimes I've even successful.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I'm eating a Costco dog right now (with free refill)

PBUC

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Richard M Nixon posted:

That's pretty decent for Wagyu, though it's not A5. My favorite steakhouse does 12oz strips for $130 so getting one fresh for DIY would be a good deal.

Jokes on you, you could have bought eighty-six 1/4 lb. all-beef hot dogs with eighty-six 20 oz. fountain drinks with refill for the price of your 12 oz rear end in a top hat steak. That's 21.5 lbs of pure beef and 26.88 gallons of refreshing fountain beverages.

quote:

being a non-Costco person ...

:getout:

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009
Costco gifted me with a free contact lens when the left one I purchased there 3 weeks before got stuck on the lid and dried out. It let me see the glory of my next $1.50 dog and drink with pure clarity. COSTCO CLARITY! Truly I am blessed.

Also ChorCut Elk and Pork brauts are loving delicious.

PBUC!

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
The goldenberries at my Costco have been discontinued and they are $6 for 1.25 pounds of raw dried berries right now.

Might want to check your Costco for 'em if you like goldenberries and live in CA

Gonna go back and get like 10 more bags tomorrow. Shiiiiiiit. PBUC.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Scored 6 packs of those 32 degree cool shirts that were on clearance. Turns out that all they had left were small. Hells2the yeah motherfuckers 2.50 a shirt

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Treasure your stretchy breathing shirts and pork jerky

I need more of both :sigh:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Commissar Of Doom posted:

Costco gifted me with a free contact lens when the left one I purchased there 3 weeks before got stuck on the lid and dried out. It let me see the glory of my next $1.50 dog and drink with pure clarity. COSTCO CLARITY! Truly I am blessed.

Also ChorCut Elk and Pork brauts are loving delicious.

PBUC!

I'm gonna have to buy more contacts soon and I'm definitely doing it at Costco this time. PBUC!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Costco now has their own brand of once dailies and you know I'll be switching to them.
They are going to be the identical brand I am currently wearing just with glorious KIRKLAND on the box.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
I realize, as I get ready to grace the hallowed halls of Costco, that I am currently wearing 100% Kirkland clothing. Not the shoes though, those are Timberland.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Praise be!

I also got super rad cheese danishes!

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Croatoan posted:

Praise be!

I also got super rad cheese danishes!

*squints* no kraut, you have much to learn young one

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

kazr posted:

*squints* no kraut, you have much to learn young one

No kraut at this one man. Not that I'd use it all the time but don't even get the chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Walmart increased the cost of my sadbrain meds and I am sick of having to discuss the finer points of rx discount cards with a dead-eyed Walmart tech for 20 minutes before they get smug and roll their eyes and say "let me ask mah supervisor," only to find out I was actually in the right because they couldn't enter in a string of characters.

Costco apparently has their own in house rx discount program for free with membership, and sells that poo poo for such a low price that it pretty much pays for my membership with one refill, plus I never enter a Walmart that is bad even by Walmart standards.

All this plus pizza and soda and gas at excellent prices. I bought a Groupon and will be getting $20 in church bux and a free pizza and a free box of paper towels. Praise be.