Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tales of Woe posted:

it's a better turf war map than moray towers or port mackerel, at the least.

Definitely. Really not getting why people hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I really like the new map, because it's by far the hardest map to tell who won a turf war on just by viewing it at the end of the match.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
I have the US version of the game and my friend has a digital JAP copy. We can play together usually without issue, but have not been able to play together during Splatfest, even though there is some overlap between times that it is active.

What gives? I have a feeling i will not like the answer.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I keep losing when I go up against Mayo teams but I win when I'm against my Ketchup brothers :(

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
Matchmaking might have gone completely to hell becaus of Splatfest.

According to the Nintendo app my 50 games before Splatfest were 27 wins / 23 losses, and during Splatfest I have lost 7 of the last 10 games.

It's a smaller sample, so hopefully it's a fluke.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

there's a tiny little corner next to the right side of the enemy base where you can easily hide and bads keep running and dying to me there

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

I keep losing when I go up against Mayo teams but I win when I'm against my Ketchup brothers :(

That is because ketchup is haram. God is punishing you.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/brekkist/status/893688601547898880

Holy poo poo look at the glowy wands. BLOOD is getting a lot of hype.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Its a massive flat map with little cover and huge sight lines. Its insanely lovely for brush users.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Probably bad way to start playing this game

I'm only level 8 and I keep getting matched/owned by level 20s

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Internet Kraken posted:

Its a massive flat map with little cover and huge sight lines. Its insanely lovely for brush users.

the constant high grounds and chokepoints also make it really lovely to be against - you guessed it - stupid loving sloshers

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

No wonder I'm getting owned splat fest auto ranked me to 1670... wtf

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pakistani politics posted:

I have the US version of the game and my friend has a digital JAP copy. We can play together usually without issue, but have not been able to play together during Splatfest, even though there is some overlap between times that it is active.

What gives? I have a feeling i will not like the answer.

Splatfests are zoned out by region. Also the acronym you want is "JPN".

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Rabid Snake posted:

Probably bad way to start playing this game

I'm only level 8 and I keep getting matched/owned by level 20s

Remember level is an indicator of play time, not skill, learn from your splats and think of what you could've done differently. Sometimes it will be nothing, but often you'll gain from it. If there's a particular weapon you have trouble fighting against, use it for a bit to fully learn its strengths and weaknesses. Also ask for tips on improving specific things you'll get a ton of advice thrown at you in this thread.

Internet Kraken posted:

Oh I've been doing ok, the only dangerous bits for me are those grates above the shifting zones I can throw that seeker bomb up there and then splat them when they get down but boy is ink management important for that.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Neddy Seagoon posted:

People posted that they hated it 2 minutes into the splatfest

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
I'm sure there is a rationale for this but like a lot of the design choices in this game, it sucks. Oh well, thx

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wow, Mayo is getting wrecked. I've only lost one match so far, the others were all crushing victories.

Oh

We'll seeeee!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm having a great time using the .96 Gal. People don't expect me to have that kind of range.:laugh:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'm having a great time using the .96 Gal. People don't expect me to have that kind of range.:laugh:

I'm loving the hell out of the Dualie Squelchers, myself. Just wish the subweapon wasn't useless.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

all songs now unlocked in ika radio 2 yay

also i lose 50 power with a loss but only 5 with a win, like what >.<;;;

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

how gently caress ketchup is getting rooooooouted

I'm 18 of my last 20

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Remember level is an indicator of play time, not skill, learn from your splats and think of what you could've done differently. Sometimes it will be nothing, but often you'll gain from it. If there's a particular weapon you have trouble fighting against, use it for a bit to fully learn its strengths and weaknesses. Also ask for tips on improving specific things you'll get a ton of advice thrown at you in this thread.
Thanks actually I ended up switching out of the dualies because I was getting splattered a lot by long distance weapons. I ended up skimming the thread during work and chose the Aerospray MG a couple rounds ago. This combined with my shoes which have 3x Ink Recovery has me roaming the map just spraying ink. So far so good just as long as I avoid combat

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Smiles posted:

all songs now unlocked in ika radio 2 yay

also i lose 50 power with a loss but only 5 with a win, like what >.<;;;
It just takes the sum of your last 7 matches.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

alright y'all, post your Power currently

I'm at 1986.6, peak was 2061.4.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Pakistani politics posted:

I'm sure there is a rationale for this but like a lot of the design choices in this game, it sucks. Oh well, thx

It's so regions can have branded splatfests; like in Splatoon 1 for example NA got Transformers / Spongebob themed splatfests while Japan got ramen and weird weeby poo poo

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i won a 3v4 against a mayo team all named after naruto characters lol

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kirios posted:

At 2100-something right now.:cool:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Bill Barber posted:

Everyone do yourself a favor and send a good 5 minutes just hanging out in the square zooming in on the stage and watching Pearl and Marina. Whoever did the mocap for Pearl is amazing.

Fuckin weirdo.

I took several screen grabs of this.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I used my mighty octobrush to wreck fools in the name of Team Ketchup until my hands cramped and my battery ran out, got halfway through Defender. A pretty good night of embarrassing team jizz. It's good to have splatfest back.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Seriously.

Why the gently caress is Grizzco open? This is the one time it makes sense to be closed.

For people like that one dude in the Splatoon 1 thread that would always make walls of text cryposting about splatfest every single time it was on, I guess.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Kirios posted:

1586 ,peak was 1613

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

:same:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

3 matches in a row where my team has enemies in danger on shifty station and all my team decides "We won we can goof off" and then they hurl themselves off the cliff forcing a loss

What is this stupid meme

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm always beating mayo but losing to ketchup which sucks cause one is way more common than the other.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
OK, I'm appreciating Shifty more now that I'm using a brush, but I keep walking directly into suction bombs so I think I'm going to bed. Don't let me down, Mayo Champs.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I need to rank up but I don't want to play anymore, how does the AFK detection work?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Turtlicious posted:

I need to rank up but I don't want to play anymore, how does the AFK detection work?

Everyone on the forums calls you a piece of poo poo for contributing to what is a pretty bad problem with the game right now (AFKers/disconnections.)

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I'm getting communication errors and a dump to the lobby after every match now :( On the flip side I wasn't doing anything good with the dualies or roller but I'm apparently now going beast mode with the octobrush.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Turtlicious posted:

gently caress you, that's how.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

new map bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

got to peoples champ tier for tonight. going to wake up tomorrow revitalized and ready to murk redheads.