Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Guy Mann posted:

remember when a woman got fired from her job at Nintendo due to similar nonexistent "allegations" that popped up after she pissed off internet creepazoids by existing

I also remember when two of her best friends publicly cut all ties to her and ended a podcast they did together pretty much just to stay in touch.

Oh, wait, no I don't, cause it's almost as if the circumstances surrounding both events are different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/893649002264109056

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Griffin's a good boy

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Well, all I know is that the McElroy brothers are not experts, and their advice should never be followed.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

Well, all I know is that the McElroy brothers are not experts, and their advice should never be followed.

Travis insists he's a sexpert, though.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POmRZigenAo

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it's entirely outside my worldview for Griffin to gently caress this up so I'm gonna follow his lead

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

grieving for Gandalf posted:

it's entirely outside my worldview for Griffin to gently caress this up so I'm gonna follow his lead

But what if he is just pulling the long con and is a co-conspirator?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Harrow posted:

Travis insists he's a sexpert, though.

Man, if there's a degree on his wall then I haven't seen it.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

chumbler posted:

But what if he is just pulling the long con and is a co-conspirator?

no. nope

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So earlier I was in a dark parking lot and KCB and I kept seeing these weird blue lights when we'd look up. For me, I just had to til my eyes up, but she had to tilt her head up.
The lights were in a specific location that would stay the same regardless of where we were and when we got into the car, we could see them still but they were very clearly outside.
Obviously this was some kind of light phenomenon but I have no clue what since these lights would quickly disappear out of my vision as soon as I saw them. I wasn't wearing any glasses, KCB was wearing glasses, I would see 4 dots in a row and she would only see 2 dots in a row. It was in a parking lot without any light except for the nearby road and the light from the moon. Anybody have any idea what the phenomenon behind this would be? I made a gif representing what I saw when I'd quickly glance up.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

He's still bear-posting.

Maybe Miiverse was a mistake after all

Thank you for knowing exactly who I was talking about lol, god that guy's a weirdo

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

FirstAidKite posted:

So earlier I was in a dark parking lot and KCB and I kept seeing these weird blue lights when we'd look up. For me, I just had to til my eyes up, but she had to tilt her head up.
The lights were in a specific location that would stay the same regardless of where we were and when we got into the car, we could see them still but they were very clearly outside.
Obviously this was some kind of light phenomenon but I have no clue what since these lights would quickly disappear out of my vision as soon as I saw them. I wasn't wearing any glasses, KCB was wearing glasses, I would see 4 dots in a row and she would only see 2 dots in a row. It was in a parking lot without any light except for the nearby road and the light from the moon. Anybody have any idea what the phenomenon behind this would be? I made a gif representing what I saw when I'd quickly glance up.

This feels like viral marketing for scp

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I can't believe FAK was part of the No Man's Sky 2.0 ARG all along

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
OP, you should lay off the marathon sessions of Pac Man Championship Edition DX+

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
QUBE is getting a sequel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi_U65Y6fDg

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FirstAidKite posted:

https://youtu.be/1npL-TNFOAQ

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/MOOMANiBE/status/893706978781937665

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I thought what I described would be something a little more uh

explainable than "lol ARG" or "lol SCP" :V

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

dang yo that item is poo poo

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

:tali:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

dang yo that item is poo poo

I hope people start talking like that as a joke and it actually sticks.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPsnL_Egli0
gonna get high 2 dis song

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Sorry I just wanted to post about the No Man's Sky 2.0 ARG. Its almost over!! Finally the secrets will be revealed!!
https://www.twitch.tv/wakingtitan

your eyes are probably hosed up sorry

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I looked online, which is the best way to handle any small medical questions, and you have either a migrane or super eyeball cancer.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Zetsubou-san posted:

OP, you should lay off the marathon sessions of Pac Man Championship Edition DX+

I'm gonna be contrarian and say play more Pac Man Championship Edition DX+ because it owns

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

I looked online, which is the best way to handle any small medical questions, and you have either a migrane or super eyeball cancer.

drat doc how long do you think I have left

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

FirstAidKite posted:

drat doc how long do you think I have left

I experienced something similar on the regular a while back and all I can say is

see a doctor :(

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I've experienced 3 migraines in my life, which I remember because all of them were precluded by developing large blind spots in my vision, and consisted of excruciating pain as well as any kind of light or sound making me feel nauseated to the point of throwing up.

So hopefully you don't get those as bad as me.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I experienced something similar on the regular a while back and all I can say is

see a doctor :(

Are you being serious

because if I'm in danger then gently caress that, I could not care less if I turn over and die, but KCB also saw the lights in fixed locations and I wouldn't be able to rest easy if she was in any danger,

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
if this isn't a once in a lifetime visual event, see a doctor. and hell if you haven't had a physical in a long time just go see a doctor, take good care of yourself if only for your loved one's sakes.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Like, if I die, whatever. Get whatever's of any worth out of me, toss me in a ditch, or just set me on fire, burn the refuse, but I don't want anything to happen to KCB. She's all I got, all I'll ever have, and the idea of these stupid-rear end things being a sign of something serious that could be a massive detriment to her worries me to no end

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you both experienced the same visual thing one of you could have been influenced by the other, if someone you trust says something is going on the human brain's natural reaction is to go 'oh yeah that probably IS happening' and thus trick themselves into seeing it

i doubt its anything incredibly serious as much as webmd wants it to be but it'd be worth both of you going to a doctor if you have the means to

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I've no reason to think it was anything because while at first I thought it might have been an aura, it wasn't because before I described what it was, KCB was able to corroborate my exact description (except instead of 4, she saw 2 dots, and I chalked that up to her having her glasses on so that her eyes weren't seeing double like mine tend to).

I'm going to assume this was all just a weird once-in-a-lifetime thing, though hopefully someday I'll get to figure out the science behind what happened because it most definitely fit every other description of a light phenomenon but I've never seen or heard of light loving around in such an oddly specific way, to only gently caress up if you very quickly glance up in a specific area, for it to appear as floating blue dots that quickly crawl down your vision and don't even last a second, it was just weird. I wanna believe that it was just a case of the parking lot being so dark due to having no lights whatsoever and the road nearby and the moonlight and the clouded sky resulting in some pockets light that were refracting through stuff that my eyes were noticing if I quickly shifted my view to them, but quickly dismissed once I saw them and realized "oh that's nothing."

I dunno. I wonder if there's a thread for this kinda stuff in pyf or something.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

God, that reminds me of old MMOs that would teach you to use chat by talking to an NPC, and when they didn’t make you say a specific phrase people would find increasingly inappropriate ways to successfully trigger the quest.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just wanted to come here to post this gif!!!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I'm tired so I wanted to play some more Path of Exile to chill by blowing up skeletons and it's down for maintenance. :mad:

Like I'm glad they're making the game more better and stuff but also I want to play right now

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

Thank you for knowing exactly who I was talking about lol, god that guy's a weirdo

I think blue lights means you're pregnant.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

Like, if I die, whatever. Get whatever's of any worth out of me, toss me in a ditch, or just set me on fire, burn the refuse, but I don't want anything to happen to KCB. She's all I got, all I'll ever have, and the idea of these stupid-rear end things being a sign of something serious that could be a massive detriment to her worries me to no end

This seems very melodramatic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's splatfest weekend

• Locked thread