Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I got the 3* 18k Avaiators with Last-Ditch, they're really drat useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Unlocked the .52gal, surprised I like it as much as I do

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Cicadas! posted:

I swear to god, every time the entire enemy team has set up camp in the middle of the map and we need really need to make a push and gain some ground, there's always ONE guy that splits away from the group to paint something off to the side at the last second before we get to the middle and we lose the push. Every time.

Then he dies too, in a hailstorm of aerospray and shame.

That's because they're right and you're wrong.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

Unlocked the .52gal, surprised I like it as much as I do

It's a good weapon, I usually use it in ranked

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Mayo is going to win because all the ketchup players are the same idiots that don't know how to play turf wars either. I was doing okay last night but mayo loving rolls my team every single time now because they understand "ink and fire your gun"

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I hope these weapons with point sensor get a non-point sensor variant because I cannot hit anything with it for the life of me

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

show yourself mayo cowards

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I'm not even that good and I'm just cleaning up with 1000+ rounds most times with 5-7 kills. I mean, I'm a degenerate with an Aerospray, but sheesh.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I was worried that I wouldn't be able to contribute that well because I had to play over cellular data, but I went on a roll for my ketchup bros. Got to around 1950 rating before becoming King and trounced on mayo constantly. Had about 2:1 win loss. Much better showing on my part compared to the first splatfest where I got around 1650 rating.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

LethalGeek posted:

That's because they're right and you're wrong.

Alright, I'll just go sit over there with the rest of the wrong ketchup kings.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I keep losing by like 2 - 0.2 percent and it's cool, it's nice to have turf wars that are actually tense and close

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Has anybody been able to get a team match working. We just timed out 4 times in a row

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Can't wait to get my snails tomorrow and take off this smelly shirt I've been wearing all week for ~optimum ability chunk gain~

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

In Training posted:

Has anybody been able to get a team match working. We just timed out 4 times in a row

Oh, I can get team matches working. You just don't want to be on mine.

I played like a loving idiot focused on just getting kills and somehow still ended up +1000 and highest ranked on my team. Team ketchup everyone.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

GOD WE HAD THAT loving MATCH GODDAMN TEAM MAYO

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

What kind of maniacs brings a charger to turf war

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Inescapable Duck posted:

Getting matched up against other Ketchup teams a fair bit. Though I'm starting to think while Ketchup has quantity, Mayo has quality.

In splat 1, I think most of the splatfests had one team win the popular vote, and the other win the actual game win%. I think the running theory is more kids are likely to choose the popular one, so the unpopular one has a lower chance of getting you matched up with them, so skilled players can carry harder.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I zoom into the enemy base to splat the enemy like the shithead player I am and what does my team do instead of ink? They all try to superjump to me. In the middle of enemy base. Good job. Team ketchup go. I was still max rank

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
It’s cool that matchmaking is even more broken than usual in splat fests.

Love being the highest ranking person on my team at like level 12 going against a team stacked with people in their 20’s

:thumbsup:

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Good I'm max rank. gently caress this game until Splatfest is over.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Team cum

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

As someone who picked Team Blood, I now fully agree with this sentiment.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Cicadas! posted:

This isn't death match, don't play it like such. Go ink the floor and make them have to come deal with you.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

LethalGeek posted:

This isn't death match, don't play it like such. Go ink the floor and make them have to come deal with you.

Yeah, basically. Find an angle they aren't covering and hit it. Pressure area denial guys like splatlings and chargers from weird angles when you can. Otherwise just get in the mix and make the enemy team be where you want.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Wiping 3/4 Mayo fatsos and getting the last few percent to get across the line feels good man

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

It’s cool that matchmaking is even more broken than usual in splat fests.

Love being the highest ranking person on my team at like level 12 going against a team stacked with people in their 20’s

:thumbsup:

Good thing level is a participation trophy and not an indication of skill.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

TheBigAristotle posted:

Wiping 3/4 Mayo fatsos and getting the last few percent to get across the line feels good man

Hell yeah, wiping the whole team in the last thirty seconds with a brush is particularly delicious.

"We're all here, surely someone is watching our backs!"

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

eddiewalker posted:

Good thing level is a participation trophy and not an indication of skill.

:thunk:

who is usually better at a game? Someone who has played 2 hours or someone who has played 20.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

who is usually better at a game? Someone who has played 2 hours or someone who has played 20.

Which of them played splatoon 1?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

Which of them played splatoon 1?

Neither because who the heck bought a Wii U?

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Neither because who the heck bought a Wii U?

I'm level 50 in splat1, level 11 here.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Yeah but what if someone got to level 11 winning game after game and someone got to level 20 on the consolation points?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Seshoho Cian posted:

show yourself mayo cowards

Fite me

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
If those payout totals are correct it's a little disappointing from the standpoint that it feels like the actual results of the battles don't matter much. The key to winning Splatfest is just playing a bunch, doesn't matter if you're winning or not.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Kaubocks posted:

there are multiple splatfest songs though so that is a massive improvement over the first game, not even joking

I actually like the splatfest music better than the regular rotation.

quote:

i miss zolthorg

That makes one of us.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bill Barber posted:

If those payout totals are correct it's a little disappointing from the standpoint that it feels like the actual results of the battles don't matter much. The key to winning Splatfest is just playing a bunch, doesn't matter if you're winning or not.

I'm ok with that because it encourages players to play instead of just resting on their laurels waiting for the other team to win the Splattershot for them

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Cicadas! posted:

you realize your rank constantly goes up due to number of games played and not actually due to number of games done well in right

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I just realized GrizzCo is in today because Mr. Grizz doesn't give inkling holidays off.

Edit: Don't Pearl and Marina factor in how much each team won into the final calculation? It doesn't show immediately but it will matter tomorrow.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The Gorp posted:

This dampens my bloodthirst and I don't like it. I want the losers to feel like they lost out on mad money.
Splatoon 1 was what, 5 for max on losing team 10 if maxed on winners?

If we put this into 50,000 per snail like it was in the original the difference is nuts.

Splatoon1 - Win 500,000 Lose 250,000
Splatoon2- Win 1,200,000 Lose 1,150,000

I think the difference between winning and losing in S1 was like 6 snails. It's never made that much of a difference, I don't think I ever even used half of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

So far so good, I've managed to win the right rounds against egg yolk consumers, but I'm only half-way to Ketchup King. Time to cinch this.

Is anyone doing the team Splatfest? I guess goons at the discord side are up to that.