Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Very busy fri.
Please do not make me scramble
Will hate you a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
current deadline stands

...whores

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

Blah blah blah blah blah
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
Blah blah love pera.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Max posted:

Very busy fri.
Please do not make me scramble
Will hate you a lot.

This post is a lot funnier if you visualize Max as an egg :j:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hi I'm here

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Murmur Twin posted:

Granted not everyone has checked in yet but right now if you were to put a gun to my head I'd say it was a Jam/Sand scumteam.

Sandwolf started going after me when I made a case on Jam for it being a fake case. After I explained my rationale he fell quiet instead of arguing it or looking for someone else.

Consider this a virtual vote but this late in the game I'll wait until everyone has had a chance to check in before I start voting.

The brass balls to say Jam, or anyone dead, is one alignment or another is just absolutely bonkers. You trying to draw connections between Jamuraan and myself is insane because we don't know if Jam was town or scum, only the scum do.

I never called your case on Jam fake (I don't like this reframing of it), I called it a cheap imitation. Your points were based on very little, and then extrapolated on a few times with logic similar to you tying me to Jamuraan. Maybe in a normal game it would be more sensical, but the dead tell us very little here.

I think you know that, but don't have any more authentic calls to fall back on. You were wrong about Jam yesterday and you're wrong about me today, and I feel as if you've even begun to set up who you're going to lynch tomorrow.

##vote MMT

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This is all bluster
There is no substance to it
I will ##vote sandwolf

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Max posted:

This is all bluster
There is no substance to it
I will ##vote sandwolf

if there's anyone i'm NOT gonna vote, I feel like it's sandwolf. i've been agreeing with pretty much everything he's been saying.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

The brass balls to say Jam, or anyone dead, is one alignment or another is just absolutely bonkers. You trying to draw connections between Jamuraan and myself is insane because we don't know if Jam was town or scum, only the scum do.

Sandwolf posted:

You were wrong about Jam yesterday

Even if Sandwolf had worded this better, I don't like the fact he's so sure Jam must be town. With 6 people alive, there cannot be 3 scum alive right now so we've likely hit at least one between Flam, Jam, and maybe one of either Asiina or Mithross, but the fact that no one's claimed a town vig shot is freaking me out.

I'm not gonna throw a vote down yet but I'd vote Sandwolf.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

if there's anyone i'm NOT gonna vote, I feel like it's sandwolf. i've been agreeing with pretty much everything he's been saying.

I just read your stuff
When have you agreed with him?
What post do you like?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I sound sure about Jam because I just played in Temple mafia with him and we talked a lot, I felt like we were getting that exact same Jam in this game, just a more personally exhausted version.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Phoneposting until further notice

Sandwolf posted:

The brass balls to say Jam, or anyone dead, is one alignment or another is just absolutely bonkers.

You were wrong about Jam yesterday

:thunk:

You're casing me for not having authentic calls? How many people have you cased this game besides me?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

Got a case?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sorry for be absent for so long, work was unexpectedly busy. I should be around today though!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I sound sure about Jam because I just played in Temple mafia with him and we talked a lot, I felt like we were getting that exact same Jam in this game, just a more personally exhausted version.

That's very interesting since I feel the opposite is true (as I have already said repeatedly). It's moot since we don't know what he was but I find it very strange you would think he had the same attitude/posting style. Other than right at the end of D2 he seemed nothing like the Jam we played with in Temple.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

I obviously don't agree with him on Jam, but I do mostly on MMT and I get a good feel from his posting so I wouldn't vote him either

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

While I love Max posting in haikus it definitely makes him harder to read

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

I just read your stuff
When have you agreed with him?
What post do you like?

I would like to see the answer to this as well

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

Got a case?

This seems like a strange response to that particular post. Nothing he said would lead to a case

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

(not phoneposting anymore)

OK after re-reading Somber I feel like he's scum.

Here are his posts about me in chronological order:

Somberbrero posted:

this reads as fake. if it was an actual smoking gun, someone else would have ran with it. it's like, quintessential fake content.

---

i don't understand what you don't understand?

mmt jumped on something that clearly didn't mean anything.

Pod made a statement about the flavor, which I know nothing about. I had just replaced into the game and was catching up on the (relatively quiet at that point) thread and basically just replying to stuff that jumped out on me, so I asked him if his post was serious.

Who was the person jumping on something that clearly didn't mean anything?

Moving on:

Somberbrero posted:

in fact the more i read that page, the more i like mmt for scum. take a look at this:

versus this:

i don't think it's any coincidence that pod died. there's something fucky about both asiina and hal rushing to clear mmt as she's replaced. i'm wondering if the scum were going for a distancing strategy that picked up more steam than they intended and betrayer was pissed at being bussed, or decided it was best for the team.

it's circumstantial but i don't see any other cases grabbing me. ##vote [mmt]

This part of the case is that Hal and Asiina started defending me when I jumped in the thread. At no point does he ever case Hal or Asiina after mentioning this, so I have to assume that either (a) it no longer applies or (b) it was fake to begin with.

Somberbrero posted:

i''m really really trying not to spiral thinking about the mason thing but honestly i think if it's anyone it has to be murmur or maximillion. i just need to get that out there. or bif is just loving with me for reasons i don't understand.

Here he calls Max potential scum but once again doesn't make a case.

At this point I can understand Somber thinking I'm scum because it admittedly did take me a little while to get engaged and I didn't explain my case on Jam very well. But then:

Somberbrero posted:

okay murmur, the jam case is retroactively fine by me.

Cool.

Somberbrero posted:

So while he's maintaining suspicion on me, all he has for reasons that I can see is a "me too" case on what Somber posted.

Hal Incandenza posted:

This seems like a strange response to that particular post. Nothing he said would lead to a case

Hah sweet timing on this, I was right about to post this case.

I meant "do you have any cases to make on anyone?" because while Somber is making a lot of posts, he isn't really doing very much of declaring who he thinks is scum and why.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I originally didn't think Somber was scum because I didn't see any logical reason for a scum Somber to be in a masonry with someone pretending to be someone else. But the more I look over the masonry, the more it looks fishy to me:

Somberbrero posted:

also i forgot about this earlier, but are bif and i really the only other mason pair?

---

i guess maybe you are unhappy that i outted us but, uh, you said it was fine the other day?

---

i wasn't talking to you, i was talking to Other Bif.

Can you paraphrase the part of the conversation where you decided to out your masonry? Like what was the rationale for outing it?

If Somber really thought he was in a masonry with bif, I think he would have made that second post in the masonry but I question if he would have done it in the thread as well. When I look at those posts and ask myself if he could be scum doing that as a distraction, I see no reason why that couldn't' be the case. If so, it worked on me.

Somber volunteered the information that he was in the masonry, unprompted. And from there on out, a lot of the conversations in the game (especially from Somber himself) were more focused on what was going on with the masonry (as opposed to who the scum are). He maintains that he's in the masonry, but only gives information when prompted and then it's always really sparse. Which, fine, I get it that once the mason is exposed as a fake then there's not much to say. But when asked about it, instead of saying that, he kind of mutters out a short answer about it.

Somberbrero posted:

like not loving much! so it's like, what was the point of this? we kept missing each other with my work schedules. i'm checking back now.

d1: asks me if i have any other abilities.

we talk a little about jokephase

talks about how town max seems

calls me out for lurking

asks me how i feel about mithross

says something about pod not getting the girl he picked

d2: mostly us missing each other and him calling me out for lurking more

---

max, how would i know when bif is asleep? checking the doc today, all other-bif has posted in it since then is this:

:o)
(o:

but like two dozen times.

---

no we last talked earlier today. obviously i tried to talk this there now.

---

Yeah. I just checked and today is the first time they haven't said anything though. I guess that could change though.

Like if I were town and in an anonymous mason with someone lying about their identity, I'd be doing my best to engage with that person and reporting the results to town. Even if there was nothing to say, that's information that I have that I can share that could potentially be useful (especially since Max hinted something about masonries earlier).

Also, at what point in the conversation did you mention outing the masonry? That wasn't in your list.

Would vote Somber.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

So while he's maintaining suspicion on me, all he has for reasons that I can see is a "me too" case on what Sandwolf posted.

Mafia edit

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hal Incandenza posted:

I would like to see the answer to this as well

How is what I had
Posted not the same as, uh, what
MMT posted

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh poo poo

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ugggghhhhhhh gently caress I'm stepping away. That is too many syllables

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

Blame a dead person
Make us think faux-bif is dead
Goes to the background.

Have you shared everything you know about masonries? Can you?

Like do you know what faux-bif's win condition? What would they stand to gain from making town think they died on N2?

I'm aware that you have to answer this in haiku and it's making me giggle :350:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm aware that you have to answer this in haiku and it's making me giggle :350:

:eng99:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Sandwolf (1): Max
Murmur Twin (1): Sandwolf

Not Voting (4): Bifauxnen, Hal Incandenza, Murmur Twin, Somberbrero

With 6 hunies, it's 4 votes to pop. Figure out who to pop by August 05th, 2017 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 7 hours, 54 minutes.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

Ugggghhhhhhh gently caress I'm stepping away. That is too many syllables

:f5:

Is something going to happen as a result of this?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

While I love Max posting in haikus it definitely makes him harder to read

I actually have thought about this and I think I've deduced that things like the PR and the non-masonry are either coming from pera or other people outside the game.

No ones claimed doing them, and while claiming the fake-masonry would look scummy, anyone could give a PR as a nulltell really.

So I don't think we should not look at Max just cuz he's stuck in haiku mode.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Murmur Twin posted:

This is a really weird post?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

:350:

I have free time to really delve into the game for the first time since it started and I was bored at no one immediately replying.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

Also, that's the post of mine you reply to? What's your opinion of my case on Somber?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Murmur Twin posted:

Also, that's the post of mine you reply to? What's your opinion of my case on Somber?

It's unconvincing, at best. Lot of posturing about the fake masonry that I didn't expressly agree with. Beyond that, it's just a weird handling of suspicion on you, but that kind of thing can develop oddly for individuals.

Yo but I'm boutta go smoke a bowl too, SaturdaaaY

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

:\ are you actively rooting for a modkill because you're about to win or something?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
is it helpful if i actually go through that case? because i'm at work and if no one is here anyway then i'm going to stress about other stuff.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The person that gave me that PR, whomever they are, should know what just happened to me. It's not beneficial to mention in thread because it can be taken advantage of.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

:\ are you actively rooting for a modkill because you're about to win or something?

This is a very bad interpretation of what MMT was saying there and I don't know how you got that read from what she posted.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

How is what I had
Posted not the same as, uh, what
MMT posted

I thought MMT was asking where the case was based on the post she quoted. Now that she said she was just asking for Somber to make a case in general it seems less strange

Not sure how either way it is the same as you asking Somber to explain his read on sandwolf more and how he saw them thinking alike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

So what I know about masonries is just that everyone should have been in one. Within the flavor I was sad that I couldn't be in a masonry like everyone else was since Kyu got murdered, tradeoff being that I had a little more knowledge of the setup than others and now I understand why since we have a flipless game on our hands.

Though that was a lie if people really weren't in masonries together so I don't know what the point of that even was.

• Locked thread