Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man the current splatfest is vaguely nauseating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I hope the custom splatfest colors are a thing from now on.

Alternately just make the colors blood and cum every time.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/DuckTales/status/893596418417491970

I'm pretty excited about the new Ducktales show they have coming out, Disney has been knocking it out of the park with their animated shows lately.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

inferis posted:

I hope the custom splatfest colors are a thing from now on.

Alternately just make the colors blood and cum every time.

dang yo, that's a lot of dead squids

word on the street is you're after some cool gear

vermin fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 5, 2017

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
So is spacehulk deathwing console edition hitting this month?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

This seems very melodramatic

Call it whatever you want, the truth's the truth.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-jiVq3U_PA

I've been playing a lot of The Surge recently so I decided to make the med bay song in Guitar Hero because I can't get it out of my head. Now I can play it whenever I want! It was actually kind of a pain in the rear end to chart because it's very dense note-wise, there's hardly any breaks in the strumming at all during the song, so I mitigated that a bit by using hammer-ons for most of it. I think it turned out great, it's a lot of fun to play!

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
Yo Noid II is a thing And it's rediculously good and fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybn8RuyhibA

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

"Then the Noid sat down and wept, for there were no more pizzas to ruin."

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Grimoire was quietly released in the morning in America without much fanfare and has sold well over a thousand copies before closing hours. Not bad for an indie game written by one person with almost no advertising whatsoever of any kind. The sales seem to be increasing hourly.

Everybody who has played it has known they are on the verge of discovering something really amazing. A lack of understanding of the user interface and game mechanics has not prevented the majority of players from concluding they may be looking at one of the best computer roleplaying games ever written. The smartest ones intuit it, they don't need a press rep to give them a bag of promotional goodies for them to guess it.

For this reason, the manual is a priority this weekend and it will be released as a prototype early next week.

Initial reports of bugs in the display (mostly due to resolutions and display modes that did not exist only a few years ago) were fixed shortly after the game went live. There were other problems with 64 bit machines that were also solved in less than 120 minutes after they were reported.

This did not stop a vocal, dedicated group of politically motivated activists from deliberately purchasing the game solely to give it a bad review and then get a refund. They were trying to stop a tsunami by body surfing the edge of it. That attempt has already tanked. The incline is so suffused in Grimoire it is only a matter of time before their slander of the game is washed away by the sheer volume of people discovering how rich it is.

As the author, I know what people have not discovered yet. They are on the tip of an iceberg and Grimoire runs into deep, deep waters. The density they see now is only a fraction of what they are going to find as they push further into the game. A play of only a few hours will not even break the surface. The familiar area of the original demo, the Avian Mountains, is now only a single drop of rain in a cyclone compared to how much they will discover when they leave this area. Rather than tell people of the Dirge ... or of Waterport ... or of Bahomet Megalith ... or of the Necropolix ... or of Black Pierre ... or of the Raven Wildes ... or a hundred other areas ... or of the vast story that awaits them ... would only spoil the fun. I prefer to let word of mouth do that for me, the best kind of promotion of them all.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

LawfulWaffle posted:

"Then the Noid sat down and wept, for there were no more pizzas to ruin."

So does Yo Noid 2 go into the story about why they killed off the Noid character? I don't think you can do anything involving the Noid these days without delving into that.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Quest For Glory II posted:

Grimoire was quietly released in the morning in America without much fanfare and has sold well over a thousand copies before closing hours. Not bad for an indie game written by one person with almost no advertising whatsoever of any kind. The sales seem to be increasing hourly.

Everybody who has played it has known they are on the verge of discovering something really amazing. A lack of understanding of the user interface and game mechanics has not prevented the majority of players from concluding they may be looking at one of the best computer roleplaying games ever written. The smartest ones intuit it, they don't need a press rep to give them a bag of promotional goodies for them to guess it.

For this reason, the manual is a priority this weekend and it will be released as a prototype early next week.

Initial reports of bugs in the display (mostly due to resolutions and display modes that did not exist only a few years ago) were fixed shortly after the game went live. There were other problems with 64 bit machines that were also solved in less than 120 minutes after they were reported.

This did not stop a vocal, dedicated group of politically motivated activists from deliberately purchasing the game solely to give it a bad review and then get a refund. They were trying to stop a tsunami by body surfing the edge of it. That attempt has already tanked. The incline is so suffused in Grimoire it is only a matter of time before their slander of the game is washed away by the sheer volume of people discovering how rich it is.

As the author, I know what people have not discovered yet. They are on the tip of an iceberg and Grimoire runs into deep, deep waters. The density they see now is only a fraction of what they are going to find as they push further into the game. A play of only a few hours will not even break the surface. The familiar area of the original demo, the Avian Mountains, is now only a single drop of rain in a cyclone compared to how much they will discover when they leave this area. Rather than tell people of the Dirge ... or of Waterport ... or of Bahomet Megalith ... or of the Necropolix ... or of Black Pierre ... or of the Raven Wildes ... or a hundred other areas ... or of the vast story that awaits them ... would only spoil the fun. I prefer to let word of mouth do that for me, the best kind of promotion of them all.

:lol: holy poo poo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is that Noid game like a Bubsy 3D thing

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

I knew he was nuts but I didn't really expect him to act this dumb about it.
Also I didn't even know it released for that matter.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

:words:

Why is he so proud of his own incompetence in advertising his own product

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

FirstAidKite posted:

Call it whatever you want, the truth's the truth.

You need to talk?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I sorta want to play grimoire now

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
corn in the bible saved me from that game

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'll play grimoire someday and probably go "it alright"

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is that Noid game like a Bubsy 3D thing

Think of Sonic Dreams but with actual effort put in and it's a full game and not a set of boring toys.
It's also a really competent platformer with parkour and grapple hook gameplay, and it does these things very well. It's honestly alot better than the games it attempts to mimic.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

raditts posted:

Why is he so proud of his own incompetence in advertising his own product

have you seen the united states' president

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Diabetes Forecast posted:

Think of Sonic Dreams but with actual effort put in and it's a full game and not a set of boring toys.
It's also a really competent platformer with parkour and grapple hook gameplay, and it does these things very well. It's honestly alot better than the games it attempts to mimic.

So exactly like Bubsy 3D

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

who does he think is "politicaly against the game" i read through the reviews and they are mostly postive or meh. no, gamergate/alt right poo poo as far as i can see. personally the game looks boring as gently caress.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Dapper_Swindler posted:

who does he think is "politicaly against the game" i read through the reviews and they are mostly postive or meh. no, gamergate/alt right poo poo as far as i can see. personally the game looks boring as gently caress.

he's a crazy person with a pretty hateful blog.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

no, he means people who disagree with HIS gamergate/alt. right poo poo

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone played Fortnite? Is it any good?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Snak posted:

Has anyone played Fortnite? Is it any good?

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/890563099954118656

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

FirstAidKite posted:

I'll play grimoire someday and probably go "it alright"

you won't because this is the only time it's ever going to be on sale and there's no way either of us would pay forty clams for this poo poo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/souIspear/status/893903072380014592

https://twitter.com/souIspear/status/893861081315250176

so yeah thats where the nick robinson thing has ended up. not that this isnt pretty loving creepy (lol) but there were literal accusations of pedophilia floating around so its kiiind of relieving to have it just wind up as him being a really lame horny guy. i hope he learns from this experience instead of becoming a redpilled gamergate guy

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Endorph posted:

oh ok. well i didnt see any WOKE/liberal bad reviews either. so he is even more full of poo poo.

ouch, kinda figured it would be like that. to bad, i think the idea is cool.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Endorph posted:

Goddammit and that game totally looks like my poo poo

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/souIspear/status/893903072380014592

https://twitter.com/souIspear/status/893861081315250176

so yeah thats where the nick robinson thing has ended up. not that this isnt pretty loving creepy (lol) but there were literal accusations of pedophilia floating around so its kiiind of relieving to have it just wind up as him being a really lame horny guy. i hope he learns from this experience instead of becoming a redpilled gamergate guy

yeah, he strikes me as sadbrain lonely dude who is terrible at flirting but because he didnt tow the woke twitter line 100% of the time(the krystal poo poo) i mean the dude go mad at far cry 5 because it was about a right wing death cult religious militia instead of white supremacist right wing militia but because he is a lonly idiot all his "friends" will throw him under the bus.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, he strikes me as sadbrain lonely dude who is terrible at flirting but because he didnt tow the woke twitter line 100% of the time(the krystal poo poo) i mean the dude go mad at far cry 5 because it was about a right wing death cult religious militia instead of white supremacist right wing militia but because he is a lonly idiot all his "friends" will throw him under the bus.
lol

dude he told the people he was hitting on to never tell anyone about it. thats pretty loving creepy and bad. like abuser level poo poo. that goes beyond just not towing the woke twitter line 100% of the time. i dont think the dude's life should be ruined but acting like hes just a normal lonely idiot and all his friends are throwing him under the bus for brownie points is moronic

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

al-azad posted:

Goddammit and that game totally looks like my poo poo

you're half right

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Endorph posted:

lol

dude he told the people he was hitting on to never tell anyone about it. thats pretty loving creepy and bad. like abuser level poo poo. that goes beyond just not towing the woke twitter line 100% of the time. i dont think the dude's life should be ruined but acting like hes just a normal lonely idiot and all his friends are throwing him under the bus for brownie points is moronic

ok, i didnt know that half of it. sorry.

Corvinus
Aug 21, 2006
Inappropriate sexual advances falls under sexual harassment.

Dude goes right up to that line, then deliberately steps over it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Did she suck his dick?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

That's great.

I knew it was bad when I couldn't tell what the gameplay was from the official site. If you have 5 different ways for me to buy the game, but you don't tell me what the game is, that's pretty bad.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/souIspear/status/893872827635564544

like she said the extent of it was him trying to get laid but a dude in his late 20s using his z-list level fame to try and gently caress 18 year olds without anyone cottoning on to his masterplan is pretty hosed up, that goes pretty far beyond just being a horny sadbrain idiot

In Training posted:

Did she suck his dick?
would you suck the dick of a guy whose idea of flirting was telling you about his fakku subscription

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/souIspear/status/893872827635564544

like she said the extent of it was him trying to get laid but a dude in his late 20s using his z-list level fame to try and gently caress 18 year olds without anyone cottoning on to his masterplan is pretty hosed up, that goes pretty far beyond just being a horny sadbrain idiot

would you suck the dick of a guy whose idea of flirting was telling you about his fakku subscription

Depends on the tier of the subscription

• Locked thread