Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm gonna regret making this joke buuuut

I thought the inklings and octolings didn't have bones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That was a relatively easy king status to get to but I'd rather group up with goons next time. It's really frustrating being on teams with crap teammates.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Shifty station is a bad level

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

These fan art make me feel uncomfortable just like overwatch fan art

Ugh

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Christ, I was on a win streak at the start, then as soon as my ketchup power got calculated, I've went on a 7 game losing streak. :negative:

Edit: 11. Ugh.

Dad Jokes fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 5, 2017

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Ugh, I hate that your power goes down when you lose because someone dcd

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What does the power even do?

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

The whole idea of inking your territory to win is stupid. You can dick around and just flip the switch in the last 30 seconds to win.

I've been on a win streak just doing that

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Rabid Snake posted:

What's the average MMR?

I have no idea. It would depend on how the match making system works, how it initially seeded the population, if mmr points are zero sum, if there is a maximum personal cap, if there is a population cap, and a bunch of other factors. Those seven initial matches you have to do for the matchmaker to calculate your power/mmr , so it's not like everyone starts at the same place. The only people who would have access to enough data to say what an average mmr is would be Nintendo themselves.

Edit: For reference, my power during the splatfest has bounced between 1750 and 1925. My power for ranked play is usually around 1850, and I'm pretty sure I've gained power/mmr from losing a close ranked match. I haven't been keeping a close enough eye on it during the splatfest, but I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the same system in place.

Tenik fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 5, 2017

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I've been winning most of my ketchup vs mayo matches, so I feel good about my personal contribution anyway. The N-Zap is pretty good. lovely Station feels weird right now but I hope upcoming changes will sort it out - moving platforms aren't a bad concept.

When should I scrub my Splatfest shirt? Whenever it's full?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The best teammates are the ones who booyah early and booyah often. It's messed up when your teammates don't booyah when you do!

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

The win beat owns

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Deleter posted:

I've been winning most of my ketchup vs mayo matches, so I feel good about my personal contribution anyway. The N-Zap is pretty good. lovely Station feels weird right now but I hope upcoming changes will sort it out - moving platforms aren't a bad concept.

When should I scrub my Splatfest shirt? Whenever it's full?

Don't bother scrubbing it unless you don't like its abilities. It'll be gone at the end of Splatfest, anyway.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I feel like I'm the only one who likes all of the stages in the game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

bizarre deformity posted:

The best teammates are the ones who booyah early and booyah often. It's messed up when your teammates don't booyah when you do!

:yeah:

I notice my teams always win if we all booyah at the start.

Don't bother scrubbing it unless you don't like its abilities. It'll be gone at the end of Splatfest, anyway.

That's exactly why you should scrub it though. Plus it's super cheap to scrub Splatfest shirts.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

If anyone ouches and I avenge them I make sure to Booyah to raise their morale. :shobon:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

rogue wave posted:

So the people who just sit at the spawn point and just run around not shooting at definitely , at least some of the time, are doing it on purpose to grind out the splatfest since it doesn't matter if they truly win or not. They are just assholes along for the ride.

I'm psyched to hear others have been online over cellular data, that it seems to use a small amount of data, really, and that they did it during a splatfest without it meaning they lost every time. poo poo yeah. That gives me confidence.

I am also extremely happy to hear that Splatoon doesn't use a lot of data. I've been playing it a little via data and the experience has been pretty great. No noticeable lag or other weirdness.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

terrible advice. the point of scrubbing it is that you get ability chunks and then you can use those chunks to get whatever ability you want on clothes that actually matter. scrubbing your splat fest tee is extremely cheap compared to scrubbing normal gear so scrub it constantly. in fact scrub it after getting one ability if you want chunks the fastest. first ability is 4000 xp to get and then 8000 and 12000 for the next two.

even if you scrub the first ability every time you're at worst breaking even on cash

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

SeANMcBAY posted:

:yeah:

I notice my teams always win if we all booyah at the start.

That's exactly why you should scrub it though. Plus it's super cheap to scrub Splatfest shirts.

Oh, do you get coupons for scrubbing it? Then yeah, do it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No you get chunks, not coupons

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rogue wave posted:

So the people who just sit at the spawn point and just run around not shooting at definitely , at least some of the time, are doing it on purpose to grind out the splatfest since it doesn't matter if they truly win or not. They are just assholes along for the ride.

I'm psyched to hear others have been online over cellular data, that it seems to use a small amount of data, really, and that they did it during a splatfest without it meaning they lost every time. poo poo yeah. That gives me confidence.

I haven't been having dpad issues yet, but I know that sort of thing can be very frustrating. I seem to hit crouch a lot by accident with the joycons.

They have to get 400p to get 2p for the loss, so if they afk after the first minute, yeah they're just afk-grinding because they're tired of splatfest.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

In Training posted:

No you get chunks, not coupons

That's what I meant. Cool, wish I had known that earlier!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Time to grind this splatfest all night because I want 50 ink resist chunks by the end of it.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll point out how to stop afk grinding, reward people with more points for doing well even if they lost. If you get 1200 points, you shouldn't only get 2p for your title. That's dumb, and doesn't even match what you get in normal turf wars which has a time bonus, how ever many points bonus, and goes up to 100.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I had to wait for 30 minutes before I encountered a mayo team to fight against. Before that rows and rows of fellow ketchupers, who promptly dropped my ketchup power somewhere under 2000.

I think the popularity vote in Europe will go to team Ketchup.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

lelandjs posted:

I'm gonna regret making this joke buuuut

I thought the inklings and octolings didn't have bones?

I don't know if you regret it... but I sure do.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Rabid Snake posted:

The whole idea of inking your territory to win is stupid. You can dick around and just flip the switch in the last 30 seconds to win.

I've been on a win streak just doing that

This just means the teams you're facing are garbo.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
This AFK grinding thing is super whack, and a pretty crappy way to lose. Especially when they come to life at the last 30 seconds as if that's going to fix anything.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Fun Times! posted:

I feel like I'm the only one who likes all of the stages in the game.

I like shifty stage but Moray Towers is the worst stage in both games and I don't know why they chose that one out of all the Splatoon 1 stages to carry over.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

raditts posted:

I like shifty stage but Moray Towers is the worst stage in both games and I don't know why they chose that one out of all the Splatoon 1 stages to carry over.

Bluefin Depot and Walleye Warehouse were way worse than Moray Towers!!!

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm at a .5 win ratio against Team Mayo, wish I could contribute more to the cause but alas :negative:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

shifty station is ok but gives me kelp dome vibes of "big stage where in turf war you often spend a lot of time running around aimlessly never seeing an enemy"

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Bluefin Depot and Walleye Warehouse were way worse than Moray Towers!!!

no

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

I almost felt bad for them.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

shifty station is ok but gives me kelp dome vibes of "big stage where in turf war you often spend a lot of time running around aimlessly never seeing an enemy"

perhaps what you should do is seek out the enemy yourself

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Kaubocks posted:

I haven't had that happen yet, thankfully. I've found it to be pretty fiercely competitive with a lot of good space for shootouts

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.

Turtlicious posted:

I'll point out how to stop afk grinding, reward people with more points for doing well even if they lost. If you get 1200 points, you shouldn't only get 2p for your title. That's dumb, and doesn't even match what you get in normal turf wars which has a time bonus, how ever many points bonus, and goes up to 100.

I think you've got the gist of a good concept there. However, just points isn't a good metric of how much you contributed though, even during a Turf War. I've seen Aerosprays that went 0/0 get the highest points on the losing team, whereas I've had good chargers/blaster on my team that have really contributed to us winning by holding ground even when they didn't get the highest points. A reward for time/turf/splats/specials or something like that might be good though, as long as it didn't emphasize splats too much (which would then run into the opposite problem of the Aerospray 0/0).

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Hey what's the best gun

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

TheBigAristotle posted:

Hey what's the best gun

goo tuber

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

dragon enthusiast posted:

perhaps what you should do is seek out the enemy yourself

i go out to find them and they're back at my spawn

i go back to spawn and they're back on their side of the map

it's a benny hill sketch but ultimately not as bad as kelp dome just sometimes i have those moments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Kaubocks posted:

If you spent a lot of time in kelp dome not seeing any enemies, you did something wrong.