Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The modern gentleman always has at least one entertaining anecdote and a sick verse to spit at a moment’s notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I listened to the first episode of Off Book last night not having any clue what it was going in and it’s now probably going to be my new obsession. I cannot believe how drat good it was.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

Wow I'll be sure to check out this show, sounds like the boys are really punching up here.

lmao

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
So I forgot to turn off my stitcher sub before it charged my card and I thought well might as well check out some of my old favorite CBBs. I do not know if I'm missing something but its search function is beyond worthless. I couldn't search by guest name within the show. I couldn't search by the actual episode name. I feel like I'm gonna ask for my darn bucks back

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
It's all about that 3rd party app and RSS feed baby

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

mennoknight posted:

how do you get RSS feed links for the premium shows

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Tarranon posted:

So I forgot to turn off my stitcher sub before it charged my card and I thought well might as well check out some of my old favorite CBBs. I do not know if I'm missing something but its search function is beyond worthless. I couldn't search by guest name within the show. I couldn't search by the actual episode name. I feel like I'm gonna ask for my darn bucks back

its so loving garbage its insane

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Isn’t Stitcher the company that inserts ads into other people’s podcasts?

Edit: I looked it up. Stitcher runs banner ads in the app, but they don’t embed ads into the audio. They do split podcast listening stats, which can affect Apple Podcast rankings.

Know Such Peace fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Aug 5, 2017

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

mennoknight posted:

I also would like to know this. If I could get my Stitcher stuff working with my old app, that'd be perfect. The Stitcher app is hot garbage.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I have stitcher for the year and it's easier just to pirate everything

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

bump_fn posted:

how do you get RSS feed links for the premium shows

stitcher-rss.128.io

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

da beeper king BABY posted:

stitcher-rss.128.io

That's what I meant

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES

stitcher-rss.128.io

Thank you for this, I used the BATOUR 90% off code for a yearly sub and on top of the app being loving garbage without a working search function or even numbered episodes on podcasts like cbb they changed my sub to a monthly so it renews next month. Maybe they realised that people were getting a years sub for $3.50?
Or it's just a buggy mess?

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Yeah the actual episode titles for CBB are terrible and uniformative and I'm annoyed that that rss doesn't have episode numbers and guests as the title like the public rss does, but it's still better than nothing

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

kidsam posted:

Thank you for this, I used the BATOUR 90% off code for a yearly sub and on top of the app being loving garbage without a working search function or even numbered episodes on podcasts like cbb they changed my sub to a monthly so it renews next month. Maybe they realised that people were getting a years sub for $3.50?
Or it's just a buggy mess?

Are you saying that the $3.50 for the year you were charged got switched to $3.50 per month?

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
My BATOUR renewal date also shows as this month instead of next year. Couldn’t find a receipt with parameters clearly stated.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Just checked and same here. :argh:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mine too, maybe the 1 year thing was a mistake? $3.50 for a year seemed a little too good to be true

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
i think when you sign up it gives you a 1 month trial if you sign up for a yearly sub, so it is going to bill you the $3.50 for the year when the trial is over.
not that i put it past them to gently caress up people's subscriptions because the entire thing is terrible

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Maybe they deceptively meant "you'll get the monthly rate of $3.50 for a whole year instead of the normal $4.99"

The dumbest feature I miss from the howl app are the pictures

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
When I signed up it listed the annual price 35.00 with 90% off of that. There was no mention of a monthly rate.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

beepo posted:

When I signed up it listed the annual price 35.00 with 90% off of that. There was no mention of a monthly rate.

Same here. It was explicitly for the entire year, not a reduced monthly rate. I wish I had screenshot that page now, but I assumed the emailed receipt would be more detailed than it was.

Though all could be well and this could just be a case of the Stitcher app yet again failing to make desired information easy to find.

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES
The one month trial then a single charge might be it but the weird thing is the day I signed up I was charged $1.67 by Stitcher which is a strangely specific amount and not any amount advertised.

I emailed support and haven't had a reply yet (or expect one) maybe the yearly cost was a mistake but either way I'll catch up on what I haven't heard this month and then cancel it. I'm one of the rare people who the howl app worked for (it wasn't my favourite but I'm on iOS and it never crashed).

I'm trying to revisit old CBB eps and unless you remember all your fav eps by their title alone it's such a slog to find what you want. Search doesn't help, there's no ep numbers and if the episode description is a little long you can't scroll through it. Maybe I'm the odd one out for remembering shows by the people who were actually in them rather than one off lines from the show itself.

Although I did see "Tony Macaroni" and immediately knew I needed to listen to that one again.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

kidsam posted:

The one month trial then a single charge might be it but the weird thing is the day I signed up I was charged $1.67 by Stitcher which is a strangely specific amount and not any amount advertised.

The same thing happened to me. I had assumed it was because i immediately canceled the auto renewal (which it then claimed my subscription was expired though I still have the content), so i thought i messed with something. Like people said there's no receipt so I have no idea either.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I am holding Chris get hard personally responsible for this debacle

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

stitcher-rss.128.io

this is cool but for some reason hollywood handbook isn't listed wtf

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

ManoliIsFat posted:

The dumbest feature I miss from the howl app are the pictures

The pictures were great because they would mention something while I was listening to it and I could just bring my phone out instead of trying to find out where they were on the earwolf site.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Man, PFT with a "This is what the show is and here is how it will go down" breakdown for potential new listeners lured by the siren song of Ira Glass this week. Wish the Art19 player had a listener count, now I'm wondering if there was a significant bump due to the presence of NPR Royalty.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I thought that was a really weird choice because he explains every aspect of the show during every show anyway.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Still think spont could get by with a singular "whoosh" cutaway sound

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
But they have a custom soundboard with the sound effects on it... It's got three buttons!!!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
On the one hand, I rarely keep track of the sounds, so a single "woosh" would do me fine.
On the other hand, people using the wrong effect or getting pimped into a time jump mid-sentence is consistently good for a laugh.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Work Friend Keven posted:

(To the guy standing next to you on the subway) it's so cool that you've made standing next to me on the subway your whole identity.

you posting about being too cool for a podcast for like a year is really embarrassing

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
*someone makes a post about a podcast*

"FFF-Grrr-These guys are probably child molesters!"

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

padijun posted:

*someone makes a post about a podcast*

"FFF-Grrr-These guys are probably child molesters!"

Yes, and? :smug:

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Some fun shoutouts to Pally on today's HH, I'm sure he'll appreciate them!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Crindee posted:

Some fun shoutouts to Pally on today's HH, I'm sure he'll appreciate them!
"...but we like to have fun here."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

cams posted:

"...but we like to have fun here."

"Was his energy frenetic?"
"It was, it was contagious. He shared it."

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
I separated the songs from the first three episodes of Off Book:

Off Book Episode 1 - Shrugging Destiny (feat. Paul F Tompkins)

Off Book Episode 2 - Sham Wowowow (feat. Mary Holland)

Off Book Episode 3 - Pillaging For Your Dreams (Feat. Drew Tarver)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

Welp looks like Seeso's officially on death watch. Maybe somebody saves Take My Wife but Bajillion seems unlikely.

As for VRV, their highlighted programs now are apparently:
  • Hidden America with Jonah Ray
  • My Brother, My Brother and Me
  • HarmonQuest
  • Cyanide & Happiness
  • Day 5
  • Fairy Tail
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
  • SHIELD of Tomorrow
  • Adam Incognito
  • Bravest Warriors
  • Audition