Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Macaluso posted:

Until Dawn

We did this actually

FirstAidKite posted:

What kinda co-op you looking for in particular? Idk what Warriors games are available on it but those are fun co-op imo and so are Lego games but those are both very different kinds of co-op games.

Well, something my parents could play, and my dad is a big action guy, but my mom is a little more slow paced and probably couldn't handle something like Enter the Gungeon. She was really into Diablo 3 when my dad got her to try it, not looking for anything $40-60 more like indie titles and stuff like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Which is a shame because I wanted to try to convince them to try one of the anime spin off dynasty warriors

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Overcooked would probably be pretty good, in that case

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lovers in a dangerous space time is fun and you can adjust the difficulty to keep it at the right level of hectic for the best experience

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

homeless snail posted:

Overcooked would probably be pretty good, in that case

It will not, however, send nudes.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Raserys posted:

We did this actually

Well, something my parents could play, and my dad is a big action guy, but my mom is a little more slow paced and probably couldn't handle something like Enter the Gungeon. She was really into Diablo 3 when my dad got her to try it, not looking for anything $40-60 more like indie titles and stuff like that.

Try Marvel Heroes then. It's a marvel Diablo clone and F2P. while it does have expensive stuff to but, the game let's you play (almost) any character up to level 10 and gives you enough in game currency at the start to at least buy two characters, whom you can use to do everything the game had to offer

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Raserys posted:

We did this actually

Well you can probably get a random warriors title or one of the older lego titles for cheap and those are casual enough.

Torchlight 2 is definitely a decent couch co-op thing and lightweight enough that your parents should have an easy time playing it especially if they've already played something like Diablo 3.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

EPISODE SUMMARY

A lord paid so much in taxes to Robotnik that he had to reopen his city-state's only factory to pay it back.

He made dirt cheap watches that were secretly spider drones for the Robotnik Intelligence Agency, because it was the only way her daughter would be safe from Robotnik and his death march.

City is overrun with SWATBots because Sonic and his siblings come there. Manic compulsively steals a polo hammer, is chastised by Sonic and proceeds to beat a horde of spider drones to death with that very hammer

The lord fesses up. The Sonic Underground (Sonia, Sonic and manic perform a song, as they do every episode to tell you the moral, complete with music video. In this case it's beating you over the head with "money can't buy what you REALLY need".

There are eight minutes left and nothing has changed

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

The Sonic Underground are in the factory rebuilding all the watches BUT TO WHAT END?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

leftist heap posted:

I sorta want to play grimoire now

I might be down for seeing just how much content he packed into a "600 hour" game... the problem is the whole 600 hours thing.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

They got away, by throwing their expensive luggage full of fashionable clothing at the police, but oh wait they got kidnapped by one of Robotnik's ships

:awesomelon:: You're about to be famous...and ROBOTICIZED.

They use the reprogrammed drones to disassemble the roboticizer as well as the robotic head of the R.I.A. and escape for good.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I used to think Sonic Underground was the one incarnation of Sonic that had no fans what so ever.

Then I found this guy.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

It's so lovely, it owns

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Play M's M instead of watching that poo poo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Someone sell me or don't sell me on Tacoma. I haven't played Gone Home to compare it to

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Raserys posted:

What are some good couch co op games for the ps4

Diablo 3, EDF

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Fun fact: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, the TV show, had dynamic boss music 20 years before MGR: Revengeance.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Raserys posted:

We did this actually

Try Gauntlet. Your mom can play a ranged character while you play the wizard who is the best.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
no man's sky is livestreaming a hamster :3:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

Fun fact: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, the TV show, had dynamic boss music 20 years before MGR: Revengeance.

That's not whatbdynamic soundtracks are

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

In Training posted:

That's not whatbdynamic soundtracks are

How do you know, maybe the music was different for every viewer!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

precision posted:

no man's sky is livestreaming a hamster :3:
Earlier they were having twitch chat solve a maze to feed it cheese

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The in-universe "don't worry about the hamster, he's fine" memo in the description is the best

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Has No Man's Sky looped around to being good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't think anyone has completely changed their mind on it, but the updates have basically made the initial release look like the Early Access it was.

If you liked it at launch even a little bit, you'll love it now. If you hated it at launch, you'll prolly still hate it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

glam rock hamhock posted:

Try Marvel Heroes then. It's a marvel Diablo clone and F2P. while it does have expensive stuff to but, the game let's you play (almost) any character up to level 10 and gives you enough in game currency at the start to at least buy two characters, whom you can use to do everything the game had to offer

its a diablo clone? cool. i assumed it was those terrible fighting/turn based rpg type phone thing. may pick it up now.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I used to think Sonic Underground was the one incarnation of Sonic that had no fans what so ever.

Then I found this guy.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
is the hamster the final boss

is the final boss of no man ssky hamsterdance.gif

it is

isn't it

its a hamster ssky

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

precision posted:

I don't think anyone has completely changed their mind on it, but the updates have basically made the initial release look like the Early Access it was.

If you liked it at launch even a little bit, you'll love it now. If you hated it at launch, you'll prolly still hate it.
TBH as someone that did kinda like it at launch, I'm not a huge fan of how they've slowly been pivoting it from exploration game to survival game. Base building and farming and all that is kind of lame and at the moment it feels like a worse Subnautica, and worse they just kind of awkwardly shoehorned it in so it feels like you're playing a mishmash of two different games a lot of the time where the systems don't always play nicely with each other. On the other hand the game actually has content now so that''s a plus.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't really get the point of the base building aspect when the point seemed to have been moving on after a brief time on a planet. I like building games with a bit more structure and prebuilt stuff than minecraft, but I also like something of a purpose to that building.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

chumbler posted:

I don't really get the point of the base building aspect when the point seemed to have been moving on after a brief time on a planet. I like building games with a bit more structure and prebuilt stuff than minecraft, but I also like something of a purpose to that building.
Yeah that's my main problem with it, its a little antithetical to what the game is supposed to be about. It is infinitely easier for them to patch survival game stuff into it than make the exploration more interesting though. And well, the parts I liked about the game originally are still there so its not like adding base building took anything away from the game, its just an additional system of progression to mess around with.

At least you can teleport between any space station and your home base, and once you are particularly rich you can buy a freighter and build that out as a mobile base, so you aren't really stuck in one place either.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Help Im Alive posted:

It was always just okay, but to nutty hype train riders that might as well be a -10 score.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Yardbomb posted:

It was always just okay, but to nutty hype train riders that might as well be a -10 score.

Nah it was pretty fuckin bad when it came out and now it's just okay.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/Zeebrungis/status/893889158162386945

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Help Im Alive posted:

I played it for the first time in February and couldn't make it more than a few hours before deciding I was done

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Yardbomb posted:

It was pretty much what I expected at launch, except it was just so barebones. Wasn't much game there, especially for $60.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm still kinda shocked that they released it at that pricepoint when it was clearly still an indie game, with the scope and limitations that implies. I didn't really pay attention to NMS so maybe sony pumped money into it beyond promotion but they really seemed to be asking for disappointment with that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto posted:

I'm still kinda shocked that they released it at that pricepoint when it was clearly still an indie game, with the scope and limitations that implies. I didn't really pay attention to NMS so maybe sony pumped money into it beyond promotion but they really seemed to be asking for disappointment with that.
sony didnt pump money into development of it but they did pump money into advertising of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

yeah then I dunno what the hello games people were thinking. it was still way overhyped but a ~$20 high-concept game that didn't quite realize itself probably would've gone over better

Motto fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 6, 2017

• Locked thread