Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The last part of the NMS thing is gonna start soon I guess. They asked people to send in turing tests and I guess they're going to make the hamster take them?? idk. At the end there will probably be a Very Cool No Man's Sky Update though
https://www.twitch.tv/wakingtitan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
are there any plans to port Subnautica to PS4? it's optimized really bad so it's too frustrating to play on our 4 year old laptop

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

homeless snail posted:

The last part of the NMS thing is gonna start soon I guess. They asked people to send in turing tests and I guess they're going to make the hamster take them?? idk. At the end there will probably be a Very Cool No Man's Sky Update though
https://www.twitch.tv/wakingtitan

tbh I'm watching it just to see Mr. N get his exercise. Little guy is feeling feisty atm.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CJacobs posted:

tbh I'm watching it just to see Mr. N get his exercise. Little guy is feeling feisty atm.

Just now noticed your new avatar :discourse:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

man, ARGs are lame. I forgot about that.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

precision posted:

Just now noticed your new avatar :discourse:

Hell yeah man, I love it.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Motto posted:

yeah then I dunno what the hello games people were thinking. it was still way overhyped but a ~$20 high-concept game that didn't quite realize itself probably would've gone over better

Well I think it actually sold really well so I can't even say $60 was a bad move from a sales perspective.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Play M's M instead of watching that poo poo

I took your advice and am now playing Mario's Maker, making my greatest Mario yet.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Motto posted:

yeah then I dunno what the hello games people were thinking. it was still way overhyped but a ~$20 high-concept game that didn't quite realize itself probably would've gone over better

It probably would have gone over better if they didn't make crazy bullshit claims or promises they could never keep.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Multiplayer lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Moon Monster posted:

Well I think it actually sold really well so I can't even say $60 was a bad move from a sales perspective.

it might have taken off and sold a lot over a long period at $20 esp. with all the patches, but they got an insane initial sales spike that has been estimated as enough to keep Hello Games in the black for at least 3 years, and that isn't counting any new interesting the updates have generated (it's gotten sales spikes every time), which will hopefully be enough time for them to make their next game (that they've already started, and said will be something completely different), which will hopefully not suck

if they had any choice in the price (i don't think they did, i believe SM when he says Sony mandated it) you can still make a case either way from a financial perspective. both would have been a gamble. from a PR standpoint, the game should have been $30 from jump street.

precision fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 6, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FirstAidKite posted:

Multiplayer lol

People are starting to speculate that this is what the arg is leading up to, true actual multiplayer- so far it seems the arg is all about like, connecting to others and creating a new era of humanity and the old timey "what makes a person"-question-coming-from-a-computer cliche. Also a hamster is involved and it's the real star of the show. But personally I doubt it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

August Chat Thread, many years ago I bought a European PSP at an American pawn shop to play Japanese games. Tragically that PSP has been broken for many years, as the pin in the charging port broke somehow. It definitely wasn't my fault. Probably. To charge the replacement battery I bought (Which was destroyed in an unrelated knife incident) I have had to use a wall charger and that thing is a pain in the rear end. On top of that, the battery pack cover has been loose which means that whenever I play the PSP if I tap the thing too hard it shuts down entirely.

I recently learned replacement parts for these kinds of things can be bought on the internet, so now using the advance technical knowledge I gained when I installed a new hard drive into my PS4 a few weeks ago, I'm going to attempt to repair the PSP when the parts come in tomorrow. The last time I attempted to modify this thing smoke came out of its old battery, probably because of the aforementioned knife I stuck in it for reasons that made sense to me at the time.

Wish me luck all. This either is going to work swimmingly well or I may in fact be too stupid to live.

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

THE MARATHON WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

finally got around to playing tacoma this weekend and it was pretty good! i like how fullbright is approaching telling stories as an archaeology of sorts, embedding lots of detail into objects and textures and stuff. it is a tad short but high quality, the $20 launch price is maybe a smidge over where it should be.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Dragon Quest Builders just got a sequel announced for PS4 and Switch.

Edit: Jeez, they've added swimming, a BotW style gliding thing and multiplayer.

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Aug 6, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I heard cool things about the original so I might try that out at some point.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whatever happened to the switch version of DQXI, which was the first game to ever be announced for the platform

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I got Tales of Xillia today and I'm playing through as Jude. It's cool and all, but I'm gonna have to readjust to how combat was before Berseria

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

In Training posted:

Whatever happened to the switch version of DQXI, which was the first game to ever be announced for the platform

they say it's still planned but might not launch with the PS4/3DS versions

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Phantasium posted:

https://my.mixtape.moe/lyhqjp.mp4

gently caress yeaaaaaaaaaaa

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Raxivace posted:

August Chat Thread, many years ago I bought a European PSP at an American pawn shop to play Japanese games. Tragically that PSP has been broken for many years, as the pin in the charging port broke somehow. It definitely wasn't my fault. Probably. To charge the replacement battery I bought (Which was destroyed in an unrelated knife incident) I have had to use a wall charger and that thing is a pain in the rear end. On top of that, the battery pack cover has been loose which means that whenever I play the PSP if I tap the thing too hard it shuts down entirely.

I recently learned replacement parts for these kinds of things can be bought on the internet, so now using the advance technical knowledge I gained when I installed a new hard drive into my PS4 a few weeks ago, I'm going to attempt to repair the PSP when the parts come in tomorrow. The last time I attempted to modify this thing smoke came out of its old battery, probably because of the aforementioned knife I stuck in it for reasons that made sense to me at the time.

Wish me luck all. This either is going to work swimmingly well or I may in fact be too stupid to live.

Sounds like you might be tempting fate with this one. :rip: Raxivase

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Phantasium posted:

Edit: Jeez, they've added swimming, a BotW style gliding thing and multiplayer.

hell yeah, builders was really fun (like, honestly a pretty joyful experience)

high hopes for this sequel :3:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Thinking about No Man's Sky again, if you do eventually get a spaceship base that you can keep and continue upgrading, that should really be how it starts rather than something you get after you get enough money. Likewise the big submarine in Subnautica.

And now I'm kinda wanting a game in that vein but with a naval aesthetic, and you build up some ridiculous Frankenstein's monster of a boat while going between islands. Or partner with Euro Truck Simulator for this sort of thing. No Man's Truck.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
thanks a lot kite

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

exploded mummy posted:

thanks a lot kite

Those bosoms are going to literally burst if they aren't freed from that device.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

NEW POLL

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

exploded mummy posted:

thanks a lot kite

the titty: ":golfclap:"

edit: alternatively :downsbravo:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Those bosoms are going to literally burst if they aren't freed from that device.

I think you will find that the escape option is greyed out.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/894034483581599746

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Aug 6, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the fundamental struggle

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Is this where I go to complain about being garbage at Crash Bandicoot? 10 year old Intoluene would be disgusted by how I'm playing this.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I took the survey questions for the No Man's Sky arg but I have no idea what the hell is happening now.

E: Yeah, the bigger hitbox for Crash or whatever the hell it is really messes up the difficulty of the first one. Still great to have them in HD though.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Crash1 was hard for how precise the jumping is in certain levels.

I loving hate High Road.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

new itadaki street is gonna be good

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Shindragon posted:

I loving hate High Road.

I'm so glad it wasn't just me that sucked at High Road.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

If there's a better use for a Wii U than watching Power Rangers in bed (through Netflix) I've yet to see it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the crash remastered devs have even outright said that they recommend new players start with 2 and 3 first

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Shindragon posted:

I loving hate High Road.

It's even more precise in the HD remake because they slow you down in the air after you bounce off something for some ungodly reason

edit: The Crash HD remake is good even in spite of that but man is that a really, really bad design decision. Especially because it's not how the original games worked, but they're still designed with the originals' physics in mind, coming from devs who were really pushing that they weren't changing anything????

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Aug 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Hmm no I would like context actually please thank you

• Locked thread