Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Manuel Calavera posted:

Purple? I'd side with her then.

It was firmly settled the last time: Autobots; Inferior, Decepticons; Superior :smuggo:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

GOOD LUCK!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I really enjoy seeing the giant neon BLOOD sign on Shift Station.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

It's me, I'm the weirdo who thinks being #1 on the losing team should give you more points and being #4 on the winning team should give you less. *facepalms at every loving match he's had today*
It was localized. Do these people not have Google?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

DaveKap posted:

It's me, I'm the weirdo who thinks being #1 on the losing team should give you more points and being #4 on the winning team should give you less. *facepalms at every loving match he's had today*

It was localized. Do these people not have Google?
Not officially.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Is there somewhere you can see how many "fresh" ratings your drawings get? I never see my drawings in the plaza.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I'm obviously not the only person in loading screens hitting A and B in sequence, right? With the left stick theremin poo poo?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

raditts posted:

Is there somewhere you can see how many "fresh" ratings your drawings get? I never see my drawings in the plaza.

You'd think so, huh :q:

TheBigAristotle posted:

I'm obviously not the only person in loading screens hitting A and B in sequence, right? With the left stick theremin poo poo?

Nope!

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

TheBigAristotle posted:

the left stick pitchshifter right stick lowpass filter is a pretty genius thing to have in waiting screens

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Tales of Woe posted:

the left stick pitchshifter right stick lowpass filter is a pretty genius thing to have in waiting screens

I'd rather take Squid Jump over that any day

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

The hype-up intro music for splatfest stages is really nice. Like it way more than the standard pre-game fare.

Also whatever is playing in the Square is really great too. Overall good music choices for splatfest :3:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The correct way to play the waiting room music game:
1) Tilt the left stick up
2) Continuously mash down on the d-pad

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Supercar Gautier posted:

The correct way to play the waiting room music game:
1) Tilt the left stick up
2) Continuously mash down on the d-pad

Mash all the letter buttons, too.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Nonono, I don't mean mash the whole D-pad. I very specifically mean mash only down.

Ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Manuel Calavera posted:

Purple? I'd side with her then.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It was firmly settled the last time: Autobots; Inferior, Decepticons; Superior :smuggo:.

You're all traitors and villains, and worst of all, the kind who overuse TFTM quotes.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Martytoof posted:

I wonder if you can get King ranked by losing every match.

Because that's literally my only hope at this rate.

if you poop socked since last night at the start of the splatfest you'd have it for sure.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Martytoof posted:

I wonder if you can get King ranked by losing every match.

Because that's literally my only hope at this rate.

If it takes 5 mintues to play a game, 2 points per game, 184 XP to get to King... 7hrs 40 minutes to reach it.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Astro7x posted:

If it takes 5 mintues to play a game, 2 points per game, 184 XP to get to King... 7hrs 40 minutes to reach it.

Winning seems like a much more efficient strategy.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Martytoof posted:

The hype-up intro music for splatfest stages is really nice. Like it way more than the standard pre-game fare.

it reminds me of the startup sound in yosumin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA3jf-fQLvY

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!

Supercar Gautier posted:

Nonono, I don't mean mash the whole D-pad. I very specifically mean mash only down.

Ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah ah-ah

This is correct.

Ah-ah

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

So how did this work in Splatoon 1? Do we know the results in 20 minutes?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Atoramos posted:

So how did this work in Splatoon 1? Do we know the results in 20 minutes?
10am tomorrow.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

spit on my clit posted:

Mash all the letter buttons, too.
A and X all day. "I love baby-back ribs"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I love that if someone on my team has a charger we inevitably lose. :allears:

When the other team has a charger, he's an ace sniper who can control half the map by himself. When my team has a charger, he wanders around trying to cover turf and constantly getting splatted

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Internet Kraken posted:

I really enjoy seeing the giant neon BLOOD sign on Shift Station.

When I play there and I see it behind me I feel blessed.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Is it wrong to hold the other team at their spawn with just a Roller on Sturgeon Shipyard? Because it feels like it should be wrong :allears:.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

lol nice i got to champion on my very last match

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I was there, and I remember. Plus it was a win for The Best Sister.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
No they took away my splatfest shirt :qq:

I'm 5 ink resist chunks away from 50 but don't have any money left to scrub real clothes, and Salmon Run is closed :negative:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Did Splatoon 1 introduce new songs over time, or are Off the Hook likely to put on the exact same concert for every Splatfest?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Ended splatfest with three losses in a row on some mediocre-rear end teams after a 12-game winning streak. :(
Went 31-19 in my last 50 battles, although that doesn't count some of my wins outside the last 50 and most of the losses were against other ketchup teams.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

This needs to go in the OP :allears:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wendell posted:

Did Splatoon 1 introduce new songs over time, or are Off the Hook likely to put on the exact same concert for every Splatfest?

1 did add more songs with an update but it was general battle tracks. 1 only had 1 Splatfest track unlike the 3 we got here.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Splatfest ended, leaving me with 97 loving ketchup points

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They have a splatfest stats section in the app now...curious what they'll put in there once it's over and updated

Wendell
May 11, 2003

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Splatfest ended, leaving me with 97 loving ketchup points

That's gotta hurt.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SeANMcBAY posted:

1 did add more songs with an update but it was general battle tracks. 1 only had 1 Splatfest track unlike the 3 we got here.

Actually I'm pretty sure there's like 4 Splatfest battle tracks, along with their concert track.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

My wife got to Mayo Queen in like, two hours with a max power of like 2250 :psyduck: I couldn't even break 1900. I think she lost maybe five matches the whole time before losing her last three. She's good.

I hope team Ketchup wins team battles so we can win it all! I don't think we are gonna win on regular battles.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I feel dumb for even asking this, but how do I actually select the beacons I place for super jumping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Internet Kraken posted:

I feel dumb for even asking this, but how do I actually select the beacons I place for super jumping?

You can use the right stick as a cursor with the map open.