Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
And all my snails are gone.
When's the next splatfest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Gorp posted:

And all my snails are gone.
When's the next splatfest?

Get help, Spyke :rolleyes:.

Seriously though; they happen once a month.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Well played, squids and kids. It was a good splatfest!

Wonder what we'll get next time?

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
I had to get fashiongear to 3 slots.
Also, does re-rolling gear give you ability chunks for what falls off?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Keiya posted:

Well played, squids and kids. It was a good splatfest!

Wonder what we'll get next time?

Israel vs Palestine

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
"Beans in Chilli, yes or no?"

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Where do you see grizzco times?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Press '+' (or X, I can't remember) and go to stages, then go down to Salmon Run

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

a cock shaped fruit posted:

It's in the Stages tab of the X menu.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Possible Splatfests they could do:

The Beach vs. Snow Days
Milk vs. Juice
Pokemon Sun vs. Pokemon Moon
Halloween vs. Thanksgiving
Chocolate vs. Vanilla
Kramer vs. Kramer

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
As long as it's something red white brown or black or whatever other colours aren't normally used I'm down.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

One of those suggestions may not have been serious.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Rick vs Morty

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Chicken vs Cheese

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

North vs South Korea.
This is how we finally get through to Kim Jong Un.

Or start WW3.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Prokaryotic Liforms vs Eukaryotic lifeforms
Drowning vs Burning Alive
Prime Numbers vs Lame Borning Numbers
Fate vs Autonomy
Bees vs Ants
Matter vs The Endless Void of Space

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Oh this is neat.
The splatnet app shows load outs, and the top 100 players of each side.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The Gorp posted:

Fate vs Autonomy

Pearl posted:

Yo, everyone knows that all our actions are predetermined! Now let's check out my hit single about how nothing we ever do matters!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
God exists vs God is dead

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Are those splatfest results NA only? I thought they counted both NA and EU results together.

Either way, hurray! Mayo superiority!

I won't be able to play many games for eu fest today before it ends. I had a major losing streak before bed which probably didn't help Mayos chances. :(

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Are those splatfest results NA only? I thought they counted both NA and EU results together.

I won't be able to play many games for eu fest today before it ends. I had a major losing streak before bed which probably didn't help Mayos chances. :(
The Splatfest in the UK is still ongoing, and will keep on going until 3 pm BST.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/DeddoRain/status/891468428783038464

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The three regions are USA and Australia, Japan, Europe.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Huh.... I have no idea why I thought eu and na were together. I thought that's how the last splatfest went.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Huh.... I have no idea why I thought eu and na were together. I thought that's how the last splatfest went.

It did, it's just that Nintendo decided to go down this route for now.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rexroom posted:

It did, it's just that Nintendo decided to go down this route for now.

No, it was Australia grouped with Europe.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Still slaying mayo scum in the UK here. If ketchup doesn't win I'm going to blame all the Aidens.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

The Deleter posted:

Still slaying mayo scum in the UK here. If ketchup doesn't win I'm going to blame all the Aidens.

Funny I've only lost once to ketchup scum all morning :black101:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
https://twitter.com/DONDORORORO/status/894011811867099136

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Was playing around 2-3 am last night and got into 5 mayo vs mayo games in a row. That must be some kind of record.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
why do i always feel like i'm putting in triple time compared to the rest of my teammates in these A rank matches

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

dragon enthusiast posted:

why do i always feel like i'm putting in triple time compared to the rest of my teammates in these A rank matches

Thank god I'm not the only one.
I swear people just get like "Ehh, A is good enough" and play without putting in effort.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Matchmaking is slow as hell this morning. Also, 75 percent of my matches have been ketchup Vs ketchup. I also think it sucks you can't play with your friends like in a normal turf war

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

The Gorp posted:

I had to get fashiongear to 3 slots.
Also, does re-rolling gear give you ability chunks for what falls off?

Yes.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't see the Splatfest results in my app, are the NA ones in yet?

[Edit: ah, they're in-game. Kinda surprised, as the few matches I actually played against Mayo they got rolled. I guess there was a bunch of super good, super dedicated Mayo players in the 1700+ power ranks?]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Aug 6, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
SplatNet Gear shop is amazing, I have enough clothes now to have a fashion crisis because I have functionality covered completely for my playstyles

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Right yeah, I get it - I am C minus for a reason in ranked, but can I please, please stop being matched with people that treat rainmaker like it's turf war?? OR DEATH MATCH? I'm ANGRY POSTING ABOUT THE KIDDIE INK GAME

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
My issues with teammates and ranked mode is weapon choice. C ranks have too many players using Aerosprays and chargers.

I wish that there was a little tooltip or something that popped up with recommending brushes/rollers/buckets for ranked, I don't think a lot of users coming from turf war realize that the weapons that get them to the top of their scoreboard in Turf War are garbage in Payload and CTF.

[Edit: that reminds me, I like game modes that are in here, but I wonder if there's any chance of Nintendo adding any Capture Point modes? I guess the maps and team sizes in Splatoon wouldn't work for 5CP or A/B->C maps like TF2 has but I feel like the Turf War strats people learn would actually carry over pretty nicely to a 3CP map]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Aug 6, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Splat Zones was a Capture Point mode in S1 but they reduced a bunch of maps to 1 point so a lot of them are just KotH now

Also there are lots of Aerosprays and chargers in A rank :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

lelandjs posted:

My issues with teammates and ranked mode is weapon choice. C ranks have too many players using Aerosprays and chargers.

I wish that there was a little tooltip or something that popped up with recommending brushes/rollers/buckets for ranked, I don't think a lot of users coming from turf war realize that the weapons that get them to the top of their scoreboard in Turf War are garbage in Payload and CTF.

It still wouldn't stop things like Chargers in Tower Mode, where they're doing absolutely nothing to help even if they're shooting Bad Guys off of the Tower. Eeither it's near the other team's goal and they won't go ride it to keep it progressing, or they'll just hidey-hole perch near your goal while successive Bad Guys keep the Tower going their way.

lelandjs posted:

[Edit: that reminds me, I like game modes that are in here, but I wonder if there's any chance of Nintendo adding any Capture Point modes? I guess the maps and team sizes in Splatoon wouldn't work for 5CP or A/B->C maps like TF2 has but I feel like the Turf War strats people learn would actually carry over pretty nicely to a 3CP map]

You mean like Splat Zones? :v: