Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Macaluso posted:

Hmm no I would like context actually please thank you

the new itadaki street has ff and dq in it. it's a board game that's kind of like monopoly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s32vAFxnZxY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I got Tales of Xillia today and I'm playing through as Jude. It's cool and all, but I'm gonna have to readjust to how combat was before Berseria

if you ever want something a bit more similar to berseria you can always play graces. the story is atrocious but also kind of hilariously irrelevant after a point and the actual cast is funny when they all get together, and the combat sets the whole foundation for stuff like berseria with its focus on moving around a 3d environment and all basic attacks being artes that you chain into each other

i hope you have fun with xillia though, it's got issues and definitely has a way more rushed finale than berseria, but most of the main cast is really good, the combat builds up a lot as you progress, and the setting is pretty neat. plus, xillia 2 does a lot to explore stuff xillia 1 doesn't get to while doing its own thing that is also really weird and cool

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Macaluso posted:

Hmm no I would like context actually please thank you
The birth of a new era of cloud x seph fanfiction.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

It's even more precise in the HD remake because they slow you down in the air after you bounce off something for some ungodly reason

edit: The Crash HD remake is good even in spite of that but man is that a really, really bad design decision. Especially because it's not how the original games worked, but they're still designed with the originals' physics in mind, coming from devs who were really pushing that they weren't changing anything????

To be fair to the dev team, they had to do it ground up, including physics. A few, slight discrepancies isn't really a killer for what should really set the bar for a remake.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Dragon quest builders was soooooo good, and I hate minecraft

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
re: Nick

:laffo:

Thank you twitter/neogaf heroes for ensuring that a man who wasn't going to get laid in the first place continued to not get laid

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Today I went with my dad to visit an old drummer friend of his and drink and jam. It was fun until the guy kept making jokes about 'homos' and his wife tried to tell me how great it was that Trump will be making lots of new jobs

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

vermin posted:

re: Nick

:laffo:

Thank you twitter/neogaf heroes for ensuring that a man who wasn't going to get laid in the first place continued to not get laid

Neogaf didn't do poo poo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Today I went with my dad to visit an old drummer friend of his and drink and jam. It was fun until the guy kept making jokes about 'homos' and his wife tried to tell me how great it was that Trump will be making lots of new jobs

I know that feeling.

Thanksgiving dinner with KCB's dad's side of the family and everything's going fine and then suddenly "man, black people shouldn't act like thugs so often, that's why people stereotype them that way, majority of them act like that and prisons end up filled with them. It's their own fault." and "I'm not a racist, I hate everybody."

Then at her best friend's thanksgiving dinner, it was "I heard that that global warming thing is fake." "Trump's going to bring in clean coal, make the coal industry have jobs again by making the coal clean." "The thing of it is, the planet might be getting warmer, but each day the sun is also getting bigger, so eventually it's just going to encompass the whole Earth anyway."

It's a big shame cause kcb's friend's dad likes me a lot and he's fun to talk to and he has been very helpful and supportive of both KCB and myself but he also has these awful views on matters such as rape and black people and foreigners and he's not actually interested in facts because he insists that those facts aren't true. So stuff like "well statistically most immigrants from the middle east are criminals" "What, no they aren't, I have proof." "That's not what I've heard, and I know what I've heard and what I've seen is true. The thing of it is....."

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Aug 6, 2017

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

FirstAidKite posted:

I know that feeling.

Thanksgiving dinner with KCB's dad's side of the family and everything's going fine and then suddenly "man, black people shouldn't act like thugs so often, that's why people stereotype them that way, majority of them act like that and prisons end up filled with them. It's their own fault." and "I'm not a racist, I hate everybody."

Then at her best friend's thanksgiving dinner, it was "I heard that that global warming thing is fake." "Trump's going to bring in clean coal, make the coal industry have jobs again by making the coal clean." "The thing of it is, the planet might be getting warmer, but each day the sun is also getting bigger, so eventually it's just going to encompass the whole Earth anyway."

It's a big shame cause kcb's friend's dad likes me a lot and he's fun to talk to and he has been very helpful and supportive of both KCB and myself but he also has these awful views on matters such as rape and black people and foreigners and he's not actually interested in facts because he insists that those facts aren't true. So stuff like "well statistically most immigrants from the middle east are criminals" "What, no they aren't, I have proof." "That's not what I've heard, and I know what I've heard and what I've seen is true. The thing of it is....."
:smith::hf::smith:

At least this lady grew weed. And I don't have to see these people regularly.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

:smith::hf::smith:

At least this lady grew weed. And I don't have to see these people regularly.

Have you ever supported trump...on weed??

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Has anyone here played Tokyo Mirage Sessions? I feel like I'm missing some core mechanics. I'm still early in the game (Shibuya 106), and it seems like I don't have a lot of ways to handle the boss and the savage encounters. I just can't survive the current savage encounter. It's a wipe if I run into it, because two of my team members are weak to their weapon types and it immediately leads to a 3-hit session, and they're faster and stronger as well. The boss also beat me, but I'm going to give it another try. I have two buffs, no debuffs, and no other characters to switch in. Two of the characters right now use the same weapon type. What am I missing? I'm keeping up on my Unities, I don't think I'm too underleveled, but I might be. Is there some important mechanic in or out of combat I don't know about?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

FactsAreUseless posted:

Has anyone here played Tokyo Mirage Sessions? I feel like I'm missing some core mechanics. I'm still early in the game (Shibuya 106), and it seems like I don't have a lot of ways to handle the boss and the savage encounters. I just can't survive the current savage encounter. It's a wipe if I run into it, because two of my team members are weak to their weapon types and it immediately leads to a 3-hit session, and they're faster and stronger as well. The boss also beat me, but I'm going to give it another try. I have two buffs, no debuffs, and no other characters to switch in. Two of the characters right now use the same weapon type. What am I missing? I'm keeping up on my Unities, I don't think I'm too underleveled, but I might be. Is there some important mechanic in or out of combat I don't know about?

Savage encounters are extra hard encounters. It's usually wise to evade them if you're not feeling cocky.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rexroom posted:

Savage encounters are extra hard encounters. It's usually wise to evade them if you're not feeling cocky.
So there isn't some mechanic I'm missing? Usually "extra hard" means "challenging but can be beaten," not "they'll just kill you in a round." And if the latter is the case, why do they exist at all?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

FactsAreUseless posted:

So there isn't some mechanic I'm missing? Usually "extra hard" means "challenging but can be beaten," not "they'll just kill you in a round." And if the latter is the case, why do they exist at all?

I can't remember the specifics atm, but I guess they're a good way to level and get rare drops? But basically they're there to gently caress your poo poo up.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Man, that's some lovely design then. It just means that every so often you have to reload your game because it randomly spawns something that will kill you if you touch it. I assumed they were there to test if you really knew the game mechanics - hence the fact that they always scale to above your level - but I guess not.

Twilkitri
Feb 23, 2013
Keep a stock of smoke machines/don't touch them.

They probably should have only introduced them once you had more party members, though.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Twilkitri posted:

TURN ON THE FOG MACHINE

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Twilkitri posted:

They probably should have only introduced them once you had more party members, though.
Here's the thing: there's no reason for a randomly spawning enemy that you should either not encounter or immediately run from. It adds nothing to the game. It's an annoyance.

Regarding the boss and missing mechanics, I wasn't taking full advantage of items, which are really powerful.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

FirstAidKite posted:

y'know, it took the closest person in the world to me dying for me to come to this conclusion, but imo if you sweat this about everyone, you might end up hating them, and if you hate everyone, what kinda life are you living? if they're otherwise good people, life's too short and beautiful to judge others by the beliefs they hold. the way someone acts is another story, but the things that come outta their mouth... brah frick em, no matter

i'm a man with a black and twisted heart, but my bro loved me anyway, and without condition, so...

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Aug 6, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FactsAreUseless posted:

Here's the thing: there's no reason for a randomly spawning enemy that you should either not encounter or immediately run from. It adds nothing to the game. It's an annoyance.

Regarding the boss and missing mechanics, I wasn't taking full advantage of items, which are really powerful.

Have you not played an SMT game before? Their whole thing is killing you with bullshit mechanics you have no way of avoiding occasionally. Usually at the start of the game then it gets easier for some reason???

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Ah man, I misread and thought Splatfest lasted all weekend, not just Saturday. I will have played a little more if I knew that was the case.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

glam rock hamhock posted:

Ah man, I misread and thought Splatfest lasted all weekend, not just Saturday. I will have played a little more if I knew that was the case.

i'm kenny rogers and this is the condiment splatfest

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
More like bloody spunkfest

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I'm feverishly praying that the new Fortune Street gets localized. I'm glad it dropped the Mario characters because that means I (probably) won't have to get a Switch to play it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Fortune Street mini game in BBS gave me such bullshit rolls earlier today

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Can someone explain this Nick bullshit to me? Apparently I'm getting old because I find this all really confusing and even more confusing than the whole GamerGate woman thing 1-2 years back where the only conclusion I could draw from it was that everyone involved was loving retarded.

NeoGaf is polarized as usual about it with one camp basically claiming that flirting with any woman ever who is not your already established girlfriend/wife is sexual harassment worthy of imprisonment and another side claiming it's ok to use your status/position to coerce employees working under you to send you nude pics because Brad Pitt did worse poo poo or something.

What exactly did this guy do?

Was he basically saying poo poo like:

"If you want that promotion, I'm gonna need to see some titties."

?

Or was it some situation where two former friends with sexual interest in one another in the past grew apart/became enemies and they are now taking out their passive aggressive rage against each other by claiming alternative interpretations of events after the fact:

"Well yea I sucked his dick like 50 times, dated him for 2 years, and had sex with him all the time, but then we broke up and actually all those times we had sex were actually rape because he's a creepy gross rear end in a top hat."

?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I think the truth is in the middle, but I'm honestly afraid to express an opinion on it because if I get it wrong, ho boy.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The accusations have ranged from actual pedophilia to him just being a creepy "u spoke to me once so we should gently caress" dude in twitter DMs, and it turned out that the guy is pretty much just a desperate creep and that's it. The only really bad thing he did that we have demonstrable proof of is asking someone not to tell anyone about his lovely tactless failed flirting which is weird but after seeing the proof I can understand why because wow that's embarrassing

Edit; this is all it was:

https://twitter.com/nickmon1112/status/893942309271851008

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Aug 6, 2017

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shot of Bloodborne 2 already???

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

LawfulWaffle posted:

I think the truth is in the middle, but I'm honestly afraid to express an opinion on it because if I get it wrong, ho boy.

(empty quote for agreement with "ho boy")

I'm glad Polygon took the appropriate steps to investigate but the circus that popped up on both sides was out of line---people immediately calling for his head, and people immediately asking victims to publicly talk about their sexual harrassment.

wuggles fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Aug 6, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The same thing happened with youtuber Tobuscus a while back where friends immediately cut ties with him, his sponsorships ran off, and his views skyrocketed temporarily and then dwindled. There were very serious sexual assault accusations, and then it came out that actually he's just kind of a lovely boyfriend and doesn't understand that having to convince your SO to try drugs with you means they don't really wanna do it.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Issues of sexual harrasment, et al aside lol just lol at someone trying to get laid via twitter DMs

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I just watched the last episode of the Castlevania show and I think it was pretty good. Well, it was really good with the action, good with some of the dialogue, and a little iffy on some of the delivery and the animation of the less actiony parts. Over all I'd give it a solid B and I'm eager for the next season, which will hopefully be more action and less not-action. Seriously, some of the whip and sword play was amazing to watch, and it's neat to see a cartoon with the kid-friendly filters off. It's certainly not constant, but there are moments where you kind of reel back and say "whoa, they went there, huh"

Eating cereal and watching morning cartoons made me feel like a kid again.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

That Voltron reboot on Netflix gave me that same feeling. Actually, I need to catch up on that...

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Everyone involved with that Nick Robinson stuff is soggy and sad.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Is it bad that I see these and don't understand why it's a big issue? Like, the conversation didn't seem to make it seem uncomfortable, it looked more like two friends joshing each other...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

People think sadboy flirting is attempted rape on Twitter dot com

Unless there's more just lmao

• Locked thread