Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

y'know, it took the closest person in the world to me dying for me to come to this conclusion, but imo if you sweat this about everyone, you might end up hating them, and if you hate everyone, what kinda life are you living? if they're otherwise good people, life's too short and beautiful to judge others by the beliefs they hold. the way someone acts is another story, but the things that come outta their mouth... brah frick em, no matter

i'm a man with a black and twisted heart, but my bro loved me anyway, and without condition, so...

It's hardly to tolerate the kind of stuff he'll say given how often he'll say it. I mean, KCB's bday party was great but I'm still going to remember him trying to make a joke about how KCB was so excited to have received the Enigma skylander, just saying "I've got Enigma! I've got Enigma!" and his response being "we're not allowed to have those in the house anymore since the civil war."

Like, c'mon, that's not cool. It makes me feel like a hypocrite.

e: or seeing how views like that rubbed off on his daughter, KCB's best friend. Stuff where she'd say things like "oh yeah we have a black friend who plays magic the gathering and when we first met him, he said that he knows he's a black guy who plays magic the gathering so just get all your jokes out then and there" and KCB & I were like "...what jokes are there about black people who play magic the gathering?" and she says "well you know, they love fried chicken and watermelon"

Or us talking about the previous landlord we had and how awful she was and her response being "oh wow, is she black? She sounds black."

She's gotten better I think since then, she hasn't said anything like that for a few years, but her dad still likes injecting his political views into conversations and it's just a real killer cause it goes from him just being happy to have someone to talk to about stuff to him trying to educate me on why his racist ideologies are correct.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Aug 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/dril/status/638936294937227264

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

FirstAidKite posted:

e: or seeing how views like that rubbed off on his daughter, KCB's best friend. Stuff where she'd say things like "oh yeah we have a black friend who plays magic the gathering and when we first met him, he said that he knows he's a black guy who plays magic the gathering so just get all your jokes out then and there" and KCB & I were like "...what jokes are there about black people who play magic the gathering?" and she says "well you know, they love fried chicken and watermelon"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Maybe he was expecting jokes about how powerful Vampire Nighthawk and Liliana are

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
You know what they say about black guys who play Yu-Gi-Oh.

They're black and they play Yu-Gi-Oh. That's it. Also it doesn't matter what your skin looks like nobody can make wearing one of those dueling things you wear on your arm look cool.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
What is even going on itt right now?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

how bout them video games eh

"power up"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

glam rock hamhock posted:

There weren't enough games in July and it broke everyone

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

don't be extremely thristy online and don't ask for nudes. yatta

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oddium posted:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

I just watched the last episode of the Castlevania show and I think it was pretty good. Well, it was really good with the action, good with some of the dialogue, and a little iffy on some of the delivery and the animation of the less actiony parts. Over all I'd give it a solid B and I'm eager for the next season, which will hopefully be more action and less not-action. Seriously, some of the whip and sword play was amazing to watch, and it's neat to see a cartoon with the kid-friendly filters off. It's certainly not constant, but there are moments where you kind of reel back and say "whoa, they went there, huh"

Eating cereal and watching morning cartoons made me feel like a kid again.

I'm actually surprised how much I liked it outside of like, one bit of dialog being incredibly stupid. I just want Grant to show up already.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkS5c6VS0R0

I was looking at their site during a bad game stream last night (parse "bad game stream" however you want, all interpretations are correct) and I was checking to see if they'd added anymore flavors or fixed their site up or anything but nah the site seems to have gotten worse. Also the burgers and hot dogs menu page just has that one pic I posted for the burgers and it cuts off at the end, doesn't even list any hot dogs :P

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

FirstAidKite posted:

Is it bad that I see these and don't understand why it's a big issue? Like, the conversation didn't seem to make it seem uncomfortable, it looked more like two friends joshing each other...

Well when the women who are being asked to send nudes come out and say that it made them uncomfortable and they didn't say anything for fear of harassment and finally opening up felt like a relief, like a weight had been lifted, yes it's kinda bad that you don't get it. The majority of women who are sexually harassed don't get harassed by strangers, it's "friends" who do these things.

You just posted 1,000 words about feeling uncomfortable because of people around you making racist comments, you don't see a parallel between your situation and one in which a person is made uncomfortable by being asked for nudes by a friend?

e:

oddium posted:

This too. Be Excellent To Each Other.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Aug 6, 2017

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

also those screenshots are of an 18 year-old fan who was approached by 26 year-old nick. dude was definitely leveraging age and fame to get nudes and a meetup

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkS5c6VS0R0

I was looking at their site during a bad game stream last night (parse "bad game stream" however you want, all interpretations are correct) and I was checking to see if they'd added anymore flavors or fixed their site up or anything but nah the site seems to have gotten worse. Also the burgers and hot dogs menu page just has that one pic I posted for the burgers and it cuts off at the end, doesn't even list any hot dogs :P

I have no idea what this even is

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

I have no idea what this even is

the thousand yard stare

this man has seen nuclear hellfire

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

let's use this event properly to knock Nick off of the videos and replace him with Justin

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I bought MK8 again on switch and I may go insane and try to unlock all the gold pieces. 200cc is so drat hard in Grand Prix, I don't think I ever bothered with it outside of multiplayer (where it's the best setting) in the WiiU version

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Well when the women who are being asked to send nudes come out and say that it made them uncomfortable and they didn't say anything for fear of harassment and finally opening up felt like a relief, like a weight had been lifted, yes it's kinda bad that you don't get it. The majority of women who are sexually harassed don't get harassed by strangers, it's "friends" who do these things.

You just posted 1,000 words about feeling uncomfortable because of people around you making racist comments, you don't see a parallel between your situation and one in which a person is made uncomfortable by being asked for nudes by a friend?

To be fair, in those screenshots she is pretty clearly joking around with him about it while also poking at him for being a weirdo, so I can understand why someone might look at them and think it's really not that bad in the grand scheme

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

:\

I feel like you're trying to make me feel bad. I didn't know that this was a scenario about a person coming out and saying "he was doing these things that made me feel uncomfortable." All I'd seen outside of random neogaf posts was that tweet I quoted where, alone in a vacuum, it looked like casual awkward flirting. Sorry.

:(

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

The evidence of whatever polygon is looking into never got out. The screenshots being spread around are other women who noticed the big controversy and shared their own weird creepy interactions with him.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm no expert, but I don't think you should lead with "send nudes" when you're trying to flirt with someone.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

chumbler posted:

I'm no expert, but I don't think you should lead with "send nudes" when you're trying to flirt with someone.

The responses to this situation have shown me that this isn't common knowledge.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Don't mix your work life with your sex life, keep them separate.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Does it come across like I'm just being willfully ignorant or something? I know when people would creep on KCB, I'd get super defensive about that, so I know what that kind of stuff looks like and I'm not okay with it at all, but I didn't know Nick was asking for nudes or anything like that based off of that tweet.

Like, you saying I posted 1000 words about feeling like a hypocrite around people saying racist stuff and that it's a similar thing to that tweet has me wondering if I'm just too stupid to understand

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

inferis posted:

The evidence of whatever polygon is looking into never got out. The screenshots being spread around are other women who noticed the big controversy and shared their own weird creepy interactions with him.

That is what they're looking into, it's the same thing.

edit: When they said they had suspended him and were looking into it, it was after the initial accusations but before any actual evidence of him being a creepo came to light. The former was a lot harsher sounding than the latter. Now that it has, it seems like that's all there is. If there's more, it's yet to be seen.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Aug 6, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

He should probably learn how to speak to women if he ever wants to get laid. Also don't gently caress people you work with.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

CJacobs posted:

That is what they're looking into, it's the same thing.

Polygon tweeted about the investigation before any screenshots came out publicly.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

FirstAidKite posted:

:\

I feel like you're trying to make me feel bad.

I am honestly not trying to make you feel bad, if that has happened I apologize profusely. I'm just saying that the people who were on the receiving end of these conversations have stated that they felt harassed and it's not right for outside observers to tell them that it's not a big deal. My fiancee has PTSD from stuff that happened to her almost a decade ago, and she hid it for a long time because she was told by her abuser that it wasn't a big deal and to keep it to herself, so this stuff hits me in a way that I take personally.

Anyway, video games!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Wait, this was happening to multiple people as well?

Okay I definitely didn't know that either. I thought it was just the stuff from that tweet.

God, my head hurts. I feel like a poo poo now. I don't want people thinking that me not knowing the situation and not understanding it means I am supporting it or anything like that. Ugh.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

al-azad posted:

Don't mix your work life with your sex life, keep them separate.

Don't mix your work life with anything personal, not just sex life.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exploded mummy posted:

thanks a lot kite

I'm curious what game this is and I feel bad for that.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

chumbler posted:

Don't mix your work life with anything personal, not just sex life.

Where do you work jfc

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I am honestly not trying to make you feel bad, if that has happened I apologize profusely. I'm just saying that the people who were on the receiving end of these conversations have stated that they felt harassed and it's not right for outside observers to tell them that it's not a big deal. My fiancee has PTSD from stuff that happened to her almost a decade ago, and she hid it for a long time because she was told by her abuser that it wasn't a big deal and to keep it to herself, so this stuff hits me in a way that I take personally.

My fiancee also has PTSD and myself as well. It was just that when I saw just the pics in that tweet, it didn't stick out to me as anything more than just a couple of awkward nerds joking back and forth, I didn't know it extended outside of that picture. I'm sorry. :(

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Okay I definitely didn't know that either. I thought it was just the stuff from that tweet.

God, my head hurts. I feel like a poo poo now. I don't want people thinking that me not knowing the situation and not understanding it means I am supporting it or anything like that. Ugh.

The whole thing is that it's a pattern of behavior with this guy. The vast majority of the incidents have not been released publicly because the women involved are wary of getting harassed. In point of fact, this particular woman HAS been getting harassed since posting those screenshots.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Twitter is bad

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I'd say calm down and maybe stop making it all about yourself

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

dogsicle posted:

I'd say calm down and maybe stop making it all about yourself

:\ Sorry, I'm not trying to do that. I didn't mean for it to come across like that at all. Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

Man, that's some lovely design then. It just means that every so often you have to reload your game because it randomly spawns something that will kill you if you touch it. I assumed they were there to test if you really knew the game mechanics - hence the fact that they always scale to above your level - but I guess not.

It's been awhile since I've played it, but I'd just avoid savage encounters near the beginning. You eventually get the ability to do huge attack chains that can wipe them out before they can mow down your team. The non-boss battles in that game (and SMT in general) are kind of binary in that you're usually either winning really hard or losing really hard.

• Locked thread