Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Kaethela posted:

Stars correspond to how many initial slots it has and nothing else.

Music to my ears, thanks! :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
oh my god pearl does a mayo freestyle rap while doing the splatfest results that rules

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
And that wraps up Europe's Mayo vs Ketchup mayhem. Now to wait for the results in one hour's time. Hopefully my contribution was enough, even if I played the majority of games against fellow ketchup aficionados.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Oh I am not calling it any kind of calculable result, Im just amazed based off general hearsay that Ketchup didn't get completely loving annihilated.

Everyone I played with, watched, and spoke to (on both teams) reported back 'gently caress me mayo is unstoppable'

But in the thread we had people playing Ketchup vs Ketchup matches saying "the team I faced was horrible, Ketchup is going to lose" and "the Ketchup team I faced was really good, Ketchup is going to win"

Those two posters could have been playing against each other in the same match and came to their own conclusion

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Is there data on how many matches were played yesterday? How many matches does Overwatch (or whatever the hot adult shooter is rn) pull in on a good day?

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
First three matches were a loss, thought to myself "alright, can't rely on my team to carry my roller-using rear end, time to switch to the octobrush". Next four were a win for Mayo :getin:

Then I stopped playing because I didn't know splatfests only last for hours and I thought I had time to play more later, soak up the awesome concert some more, and properly enjoy the different splatfest-only battle music. Whats up with that? They should run for an entire week! :qq:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I guess I'm not as bad as I thought, I ended up a Mayo Champ with a power of like 1700. The Sploosh O Matic is really nice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They should absolutely not run turf war only for 7 days straight

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

TEAM CUM !!!!!!!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I feel like any Splatfest is going to be a coin toss. Don’t understand the need to get so spun up over it just have fun :D

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Been covering a convention all weekend so only really had time to get to Defender but won the majority of those games for us ketchuppers :)

I can't believe they actually went with the blood/cum colours

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Martytoof posted:

Do the star ratings of your gear have any bearing on anything other than the slots? I like my green converse but they're one star. If I spend two snails to get them bumped to three slot am I going to regret it for some strange reason?

1-star gear earns abilities 2000 points faster than 3-star gear at every level, so for the purpose of farming chunks it's actually best to use upgraded 1-star stuff.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Martytoof posted:

Music to my ears, thanks! :cool:

Stuff with less stars also takes less xp to level up if you used snails to increase their slots

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I feel like any Splatfest is going to be a coin toss. Don’t understand the need to get so spun up over it just have fun :D

I think there's a little bit of joy in taking something kind of dumb very seriously though. It's a good change of pace from normal life in 2017 which is being forced to pay attention to a lot of bad and also serious stuff.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

They should absolutely not run turf war only for 7 days straight

Especially with how bad the team match net code was.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

:rip:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Feel like I should get a bonus for getting 2.5 the score of the second place person on my team of mouth-breathing idiots.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Also gently caress Moray Towers

UntunedGuitar47
Nov 21, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

I can't believe they actually went with the blood/cum colours

If your cum has that colour, you should go and see a doctor about that.

I had the feeling, that mayo was in the majority (or should I say MAYOrity? :haw:) in Europe, had quite a few mayo vs. mayo matches, I suppose because of fewer ketchup players. I finished as Mayo King with a bit over 1900 power, great success, as opposed to my experiences right after launch.

And that is drat well rightfully so! Mayo is a way more versatile condiment, you can't base poo poo only on what you put on your fries. (cue Ketchup winning in the EU)

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Also gently caress Moray Towers

An opinion I don't think anyone will disagree with.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Kaethela posted:

Stars correspond to how many initial slots it has and nothing else.

And how fast sub abilities are unlocked. A 1* hat with two snail slots will fill up with abilities faster than a 3* hat. So if you're grinding just for scrubbing, use three 1* pieces that you snailed. Source: thatSrb2dude demonstrated this on stream two weeks ago with snails from Judd.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe the final splatfest will be Squid Sisters vs Off the Hook rather than white v black

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I gently caress with Moray Towers. I like all of the stages. This game owns.

Lurkcopter
Aug 6, 2013
Finished this splatfest with somewhere above 2020 Mayo power.

MVP for Ketchup has to be the shifty station. Those platforms just always happened to move everytime I was about to dunk on some guy with the splashdown :argh:.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Beelzebozo posted:

And how fast sub abilities are unlocked. A 1* hat with two snail slots will fill up with abilities faster than a 3* hat. So if you're grinding just for scrubbing, use three 1* pieces that you snailed. Source: thatSrb2dude demonstrated this on stream two weeks ago with snails from Judd.

I had no idea that was a thing, thanks for pointing it out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Bloop posted:

Maybe the final splatfest will be Squid Sisters vs Off the Hook rather than white v black

I would choose Squid sisters

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Bloop posted:

I mean, it's bad enough that Marina is the only Octoling to be prominently featured in the game and the reason why is "she's one of the good ones"

And then they went and made her black, like goddamn Nintendo.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I heard the people of Inkopolis don't actually comprehend that she's an Octarian.

Anyway Pearl for Black and Marina for White honestly.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Caphi posted:

I heard the people of Inkopolis don't actually comprehend that she's an Octarian.

It's less that they don't comprehend it and more that Inklings don't give a gently caress what you are as long as you're fresh enough.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Beelzebozo posted:

I did this and now I look like a dork

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Caphi posted:

Anyway Pearl for Black and Marina for White honestly.

They don't have any idea at all? Not even...an inkling? :haw:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
On Octolings: according to the info here, the game files allow for new values in the PlayerType parameter. Along with SquidGirl and SquidBoy, there is also Oct and OctBoy.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Zoran posted:

On Octolings: according to the info here, the game files allow for new values in the PlayerType parameter. Along with SquidGirl and SquidBoy, there is also Oct and OctBoy.

It was similar to what was in Splatoon 1, and nothing came out of it.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Does anyone have all the Beatmania tracks unlocked? In my downtime I'm trying to medal on all of them because I'm an insane person, but 35-42 are still locked. I thought I saw someone here mention that they had them all unlocked somehow.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Those songs are all from the first game. I'm pretty sure I got them from scanning my OG Splatoon amiibo.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Bill Barber posted:

Does anyone have all the Beatmania tracks unlocked? In my downtime I'm trying to medal on all of them because I'm an insane person, but 35-42 are still locked. I thought I saw someone here mention that they had them all unlocked somehow.

Those should be the Amiibo Tracks, all Splatoon 1 songs.

35 - Splatoon 1 Boy - Splattack! - Squid Squad
36 - Splatoon 2 Boy - Seaskape - Squid Squad
37 - Splatoon 1 Girl - Shelfie - ABXY/Chirpy Chips
38 - Splatoon 2 Girl - Split and Splat - Chirpy Chips
39 - Splatoon 1 Squid - Hooked - Hightide Era
40 - Splatoon 2 Squid - Sucker Punch - Hightide Era
41 - Callie - Bomb Rush Blush
42 - Marie - Tide Goes Out

pichupal fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Aug 6, 2017

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Nintendo need to make pearl and marina amiibo!

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Do they play during battles if you've unlocked them?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Rexroom posted:

It was similar to what was in Splatoon 1, and nothing came out of it.

I mean, I want to be an Octolad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Every time I see "Tide Goes Out" I lol at Bill O'Reilley