Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

FirstAidKite posted:

My fiancee also has PTSD and myself as well. It was just that when I saw just the pics in that tweet, it didn't stick out to me as anything more than just a couple of awkward nerds joking back and forth, I didn't know it extended outside of that picture. I'm sorry. :(

Hey don't apologize to me, it's ok. It's hard to read tone in written stuff so if I came off as being harsher than I meant it sorry about that. The last thing I want to do is cause someone else to have a bad day and I feel like I have and I'm sorry for that. You're a cool guy and I like that you feel comfortable enough here to be honest about your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Norns posted:

Where do you work jfc

Doesn't really matter where you work, it's just generally a good idea to avoid either influencing the other. It's a good idea to avoid anything that could give even just the appearance of impropriety. Especially if anything on work devices is logged.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

It's okay to have a beer with your work mates

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It still blows my mind that people willingly attach their real full names and job positions to their Twitter handles.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Video games work story: I played kickball with a bunch of people from my workplace once after work and it was fun, we drank beers on a middle school playground at like 9:00 PM and my legs hurt the next day from falling all over myself to kick that ball. Then we went to one of my co-workers' friends house and passed out after playing Rock Band 3.

I said come in! posted:

It still blows my mind that people willingly attach their real full names and job positions to their Twitter handles.

The good news is, nobody has ever successfully guessed my first name so imo I'm pretty safe

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
In this case, Nick Robinson, Polygon video producer has (had) a lot more clout than Babylonian, goon pringles drinker with a bad haircut

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Norns posted:

It's okay to have a beer with your work mates

I can't think of very many things I want to do less than interact with any of my co-workers for literally any second that I'm not clocked into work. Don't be friends with your co-workers, that's my motto

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

So uh

uhhhhhhh

I put more than a couple of hours into Pyre now and it actually get's pretty compelling once you figure out what's up. The matches are starting to get more challenging too, I'm still 12-0 though :D

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Maybe if you hate every single person you work with, look for something else? That's a lot of time to be around people you despise.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If you have a public facing position then you should probably keep your social media presence to a minimum. It's totally cool to have friends at work, but protect your career first, have a social group of friends outside of work as well.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

I said come in! posted:

I'm curious what game this is and I feel bad for that.

its called dark elf

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I said come in! posted:

If you have a public facing position then you should probably keep your social media presence to a minimum. It's totally cool to have friends at work, but protect your career first, have a social group of friends outside of work as well.

Yeah healthy balance. Being absolutely terrified or hating everyone seems not healthy.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

CJacobs posted:

The good news is, nobody has ever successfully guessed my first name so imo I'm pretty safe

Carruthers.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
This whole Nick thing would be a great time for a certain group of assholes to show that they really are about free speech and ethics a la the ACLU defending Rush Limbaugh when his medical records were seized unconstitutionally but instead they're gleefully pouncing on him because they care more about tribalism and totally sticking it to an SJW softboy cuck.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Cjacobs Jacobs

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Just be like me and get unemployed and don't hang out with anyone except your spouse yeah!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

CJacobs posted:

rumplestiltskin

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

Oh come on, like it's not obvious to everyone in games that you're actually Coolio

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You are all equally correct, congratulations.

edit: the C actually stands for Congratulations

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Whatever, I'm still mad at you for trying to beef with Weird Al claiming you never gave him permission to post gangsters paradise

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Why is castlevania los a 20 hr slog?

Is it the longest character action game ever?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

glam rock hamhock posted:

Whatever, I'm still mad at you for trying to beef with Weird Al claiming you never gave him permission to post gangsters paradise

Listen man freedom of parody means nothing to someone as cool(io) as me

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Why is castlevania los a 20 hr slog?

Is it the longest character action game ever?

Because the other action games knew to cut the bad ideas instead of letting them clog up the cool parts.

I feel like everything before the lead up to the vampire domain is incredibly boring. One of the first longform stages you get to is slowly wading through swamps so that you don't get grabbed by nebulous swamp monsters.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The game has become looking for the monster you need to ride to pass the next obstacle and you gotta do it 3-4 times per level

Also this captain picard narrator better get to gently caress my character by the end cause hes really thirsty sounding for it

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
:lol: team ketchup is apparently really salty about losing Splatfest
http://kotaku.com/mayo-won-splatfest-but-some-splatoon-2-players-worry-t-1797572693/amp

I also find it funny that people are essentially saying this is due to one of the new Squid girls being hot while the other looks like a gremlin

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I mean mayonnaise is also better than ketchup anyway

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

http://kotaku.com/mayo-won-splatfest-but-some-splatoon-2-players-worry-t-1797572693/amp

I also find it funny that people are essentially saying this is due to one of the new Squid girls being hot while the other looks like a gremlin

I mean, splatoon's character design is really ugly in general so

edit: Also, wtf, get ketchup and mayo, why you gotta pick one or the other

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah fry sauce is good

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

This seems like a very important thing to be upset about.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

drat Dirty Ape posted:

This seems like a very important thing to be upset about.

To be fair it's a pretty big part of the multiplayer and an incentive to play, so it being busted by pairing you against your same team all the time is kinda important. Maybe not for news coverage but it's a nintendo game and they're really loving popular so they make news for minor things

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

CJacobs posted:

You are all equally correct, congratulations.

edit: the C actually stands for Congratulations

this is my new head canon

as in:

i finished watching pat and woolie play bloodborne and am now hype for the continuing adventures of "Congratulations" Jillcobs Bloodborne

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

I mean, splatoon's character design is really ugly in general so

Wrong!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah it was honestly kind of annoying to wait in the queue while the game struggled to find mayo teams. plus half the time you got stuck on the post-match stat screen until it decided there was an error and booted you out to re-queue.

unpopular teams usually win more matches though and i dunno if there's really a way to balance that.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Zetsubou-san posted:

this is my new head canon

as in:

i finished watching pat and woolie play bloodborne and am now hype for the continuing adventures of "Congratulations" Jillcobs Bloodborne

I am really happy with how that LP has turned out so far from my recordings so I'm really excited to post more of it! I want it to be the best Bloodborne LP on the internet and Jill will rip the guts out of many werewolves.

I hate the pointy beak tooth it looks so stupid.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
This is what happens when one of the team's leaders is cool and good and the other is Darla Dimple

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

The ketchup people are mad about having to play ketchup vs ketchup but the alternative is splatoon 1 before patches where the more popular team just sat at the matchmaking screen forever

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if one of your moves in flirting is telling someone to never tell anyone else about what happened, and if you ask a woman you're just friends with and have never had a sexual interaction with to send nudes with no ramping up or casual flirting to try and open that door in a normal way, you might be a creep

that said even the people calling him out on it have pointed out that they don't want the guy to lose his job, just knock it off and for people to know that he's a bit of a creep, so its not like the initial callout was somehow out of line or borne solely of malice or performative 'wokeness.' it just got dumb on both sides because twitter dot com

Endorph fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Aug 6, 2017

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

CJacobs posted:

The accusations have ranged from actual pedophilia to him just being a creepy "u spoke to me once so we should gently caress" dude in twitter DMs, and it turned out that the guy is pretty much just a desperate creep and that's it. The only really bad thing he did that we have demonstrable proof of is asking someone not to tell anyone about his lovely tactless failed flirting which is weird but after seeing the proof I can understand why because wow that's embarrassing

Edit; this is all it was:

https://twitter.com/nickmon1112/status/893942309271851008

i mean all flirting looks lame as hell from the outside

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Endorph posted:

if one of your moves in flirting is telling someone to never tell anyone else about what happened, and if you ask a woman you're just friends with and have never had a sexual interaction with to send nudes with no ramping up or casual flirting to try and open that door in a normal way, you might be a creep

Hmm, not sure I like the leaked script of Jeff Foxworthy's new routine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Marie was only slightly more popular than Callie and she lost like every splatfest until the last one so be prepared to not see a Marina win anytime soon

• Locked thread