Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tarodia posted:

IIRC it's cause Toei's forced to give a cut to Saban thanks to stupid contract bullshit, even if it's stuff that never got adapted in the US

God fuckin' dammit, Haim. Can you chill for like one loving second?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I liked Delta quite a bit. The opening episode is one of my favorite episodes of anime period, and the whole first half is just a ton of fun. It definitely gets into something of a rut in the back half, but the ending is fun, even if it doesn't resolve much. The music's fantastic throughout, which helps a lot, and Hayate and Freyja are adorable together.

X X

also Freyja makes fantastic faces

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/732228589882617856

and the alien worlds are wonderfully creative

I think you in particular would like it, Knorth, even with its flaws.

:same:

Thanks for making a better post saying what i was going to say! :v:

Also i love all the cast, and Walkure is the best.

Also, also, Reina and Makina are the cutest couple.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Aug 6, 2017

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

idol trash away

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Freyja is p good but boy is she wasted on Hayate.

Davincie posted:

idol trash away

!!!!!!!!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Princess Principal has been a drat riot so far and I really hope it doesn't poo poo itself before we're done. The central characters are massive dorks and weirdos but they're enthusiastic dorks and weirdos with highly entertaining team chemistry.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wark Say posted:

Was Logos that different to Genesis and Evol?

It was probably the most boring thing I've ever dropped after a single episode

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

aquarion evol was the best mecha anime ever made because the commander guy went THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUTH IN THIS WORLD or whatever in the last episode and then the title card showed up and the evol flipped around to be LOVE and this was an actual twist in the show

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
aquarion can be dumb, it can be weird, it can be painfully frustrating, but as soon as it is boring it stops being aquarion.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

aquarion evol was the best mecha anime ever made because the commander guy went THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUTH IN THIS WORLD or whatever in the last episode and then the title card showed up and the evol flipped around to be LOVE and this was an actual twist in the show

Yeah it owned

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Spiritus Nox posted:

Princess Principal has been a drat riot so far and I really hope it doesn't poo poo itself before we're done. The central characters are massive dorks and weirdos but they're enthusiastic dorks and weirdos with highly entertaining team chemistry.
Dorothy is my fave.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

I haven't watched any Aquarion but I always love how the crazy commander person from the first series always lectures people in SRW games while they desperately try to figure out what the gently caress he's on about

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Endorph posted:

I think the only thing that would make that sound more awesome is if they immediately came in with ICHIMANNEN TO NISENNEN MAE KARA AISHITERU

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Endorph posted:

sold

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Princess Principal became my AotS by the second episode, and the latest one has made it a strong contender for AoY.

Wark Say posted:

Dorothy is my fave.

It's honestly very difficult for me to choose a favorite character.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

I haven't watched any Aquarion but I always love how the crazy commander person from the first series always lectures people in SRW games while they desperately try to figure out what the gently caress he's on about
good news he's in evol too

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Davincie posted:

idol trash away

Wonderful news. :bisonyes:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

gently caress & Yes

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
What's that image folks are getting hyped over?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Hakumei to Mikochi

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=77749

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Darth Walrus posted:

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i like what studio lerche has been doing lately production values wise (especially scum's wish but to a lesser extent magical girl raising project) so that should be very pretty at a minimum. im not familiar with the manga

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Homura and Sickle posted:

i like what studio lerche has been doing lately production values wise (especially scum's wish but to a lesser extent magical girl raising project) so that should be very pretty at a minimum. im not familiar with the manga

It's a incredibly pleasant slice-of-life series about two inchling women and their various friends. Lots of cooking, soap making, sewing, fishing, stuff like that.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

C.M. Kruger posted:

It's a incredibly pleasant slice-of-life series about two inchling women and their various friends. Lots of cooking, soap making, sewing, fishing, stuff like that.
That's not to say it's dull either, there's a fair amount of "action" or at least excitement most chapters as the titular characters tend to find themselves in mishaps quite often. The world has thus far been developed extremely well and there is an arsenal of solid supporting characters. It's super.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Nate RFB posted:

That's not to say it's dull either, there's a fair amount of "action" or at least excitement most chapters as the titular characters tend to find themselves in mishaps quite often. The world has thus far been developed extremely well and there is an arsenal of solid supporting characters. It's super.

It has an actual plot? Lame.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

That's a joke it sounds good.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I or someone else should make a thread for Cheer Fruits so references like this can be collected in one place.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Meanwhile, in Hina Logi, Mahiro's eyes turn into jelly donuts.

Her uvula, too.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

oh so its not that teacup touhou poo poo? okay

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/kinonotabianime/status/894392942122516480

kino no tabi confirmed for october.

i could see them covering kino's backstory and doing the arena chapter again since those introduces characters and stuff, but there's characters who weren't in the first anime so it should mostly be new material. yanagi nagi is doing both the op and ed.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

yanagi nagi is doing both the op and ed.
The Oregairu lady? gently caress yeah! :dance:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Wanna pet that big dog

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/kinonotabianime/status/894392942122516480

kino no tabi confirmed for october.

i could see them covering kino's backstory and doing the arena chapter again since those introduces characters and stuff, but there's characters who weren't in the first anime so it should mostly be new material. yanagi nagi is doing both the op and ed.

I kind of hope they actually don't retread the same ground as the old anime and ovas, since a big benefit of the series is how episodic it is. Maybe have Kino's back story if it's really necessary to one of the new chapters, but otherwise just keep it fresh. You don't really need to cover the arena story again either; a quick flashback or a casual mention of how the characters met should suffice, if even be necessary.

Anyways, looking forward to more adventures with my favorite gun-slinging girl.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

otoh, a modern animation version of the arena stuff would be cool

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yokai Apartment is 2 cour apparently.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Wanna pet that big dog

Seriously, the gently caress are they feeding that Samoyed?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the end is coming

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am ready for Yui to get her best ending.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yui is great, but goddamn I want 8man to get his happy ending. :ohdear:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I'm still watching Centaur's Life/Worries, but I must say, the tone feels off sometimes. A lot of things seem vaguely ominous in I way I don't remember them being in the manga, to the point where I wonder about the anime director's political views.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

chumbler posted:

I am ready for Yui to get her best ending.

Wark Say posted:

Yui is great, but goddamn I want 8man to get his happy ending. :ohdear:

I'm ready for the three of them to realize they all need each other

(I'm ready for crushing despair :()

• Locked thread