Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Macaluso posted:

This is what happens when one of the team's leaders is cool and good and the other is Darla Dimple

I get why they wanted to make the idols more different from each other because designwise Calie and Marie were only a few degrees away from just being a color coded design difference but in a gaming thirstiness rules all in character design so making one a curvey scantly clad DJ pop singer and the other weird rapping gremlin was probably not the best choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I assumed Callie and Marie being basically the same character was the joke, and probably done to get around people picking a fav character automatically to win ninty's fun little week to week stuff.

edit: And like, it's not really that important to be able to say "I picked Pearl because I like mayonnaise" instead of "I picked Pearl because I like Pearl", but you'd think they would have the foresight to try and make it turn out like the former if they're gonna do that kinda stuff.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

CJacobs posted:

I assumed Callie and Marie being basically the same character

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My only exposure to the Splat-o-verse has been like six screenshots but all the characters look like they've been shot by Homer's makeup gun

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Pearl is good and my friend

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

glam rock hamhock posted:

I get why they wanted to make the idols more different from each other because designwise Calie and Marie were only a few degrees away from just being a color coded design difference but in a gaming thirstiness rules all in character design so making one a curvey scantly clad DJ pop singer and the other weird rapping gremlin was probably not the best choice.

I like the DJ/Hype Squid combo more than the pop idol duo. I also like Pearl and Marina's song more anyway :twisted:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Dr Cheeto posted:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
This is the philosophy I use when servers for online-only games and the like are finished.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today I'm having breakfast for breakfast.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

The game has become looking for the monster you need to ride to pass the next obstacle and you gotta do it 3-4 times per level

Also this captain picard narrator better get to gently caress my character by the end cause hes really thirsty sounding for it

I liked LoS but there was one level that was just running through this ruined city that lasted a million years. It's like someone thought "Oh poo poo, we need this game to be super long for some reason" and added an interminable nothing section to the early-mid game.

glam rock hamhock posted:

:lol: team ketchup is apparently really salty about losing Splatfest
http://kotaku.com/mayo-won-splatfest-but-some-splatoon-2-players-worry-t-1797572693/amp

I also find it funny that people are essentially saying this is due to one of the new Squid girls being hot while the other looks like a gremlin

cum>blood

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 6, 2017

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

Got the urge to replay it so I finished MGS3 again. I don't think I could choose an all-time favourite game, but if I absolutely had to then Snake Eater has a very good chance of being it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It doesn't really matter who wins or loses splatfest, it's just a fun way to get people playing again in the months down the road when general population naturally dwindles

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The worst part of LoS is the music puzzle where they taunt you by using Vampire Killer

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

In Training posted:

It doesn't really matter who wins or loses splatfest, it's just a fun way to get people playing again in the months down the road when general population naturally dwindles

Is there an FPS that's always populated no matter what?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's sad that there will never be a Castlevania about Julius wrecking house before Aria and then leaving the whip in Dracula's castle because that's a good idea.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

vermin posted:

Well there's like 5-10 people who play any game you can imagine in some capacity. But no game will ever stay as active as it's first few weeks/months of release unless you're CSGO

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

TF2 and CS:GO still have some of the highest concurrent player counts of any online game in the world.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

vermin posted:

People are probably still playing blops 1/2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TF2 surprises me, who the hell is still playing TF2.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

kids, as far as I can tell

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

F2P stuff will always have players

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

to be fair tf2 has something like 60,000 peak players every day compared to cs:go's cool half a mil so it's a bit of a stretch to conflate the two

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i just took a look at the list and left 4 dead 2 has had a higher peak player count today, a weekend, than the final fantasy mmo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't trust any numbers published by valve, the company who owns a storefront where the games they develop and sell are suspiciously also the most active games of all time, every day, and also the best selling games every day ever.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

The worst part of LoS is the music puzzle where they taunt you by using Vampire Killer

Also the puzzle itself being terrible filler.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

In Training posted:

I don't trust any numbers published by valve, the company who owns a storefront where the games they develop and sell are suspiciously also the most active games of all time, every day, and also the best selling games every day ever.

oh for sure man

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

i just took a look at the list and left 4 dead 2 has had a higher peak player count today, a weekend, than the final fantasy mmo

FFXIV is split between Steam/not-Steam/PS4, to be fair.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

FFXIV is split between Steam/not-Steam/PS4, to be fair.

oh i thought it was just for pc

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the next splatfest should be

metal gear solid vs metal gear rising

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Steam version is a pain in the rear end also, most people on PC I know seem to play the non-Steam version

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

Bayonetta vs Jeanne splatfest.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
^^: oh I like that better, Jeane would completely trounce Bayo in Japan

Bayonetta vs MGR

Winner gets a switch port

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I am not going to choose. That's hosed up.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

chumbler posted:

Bayonetta vs Jeanne splatfest.

Jesus Christ

tap my mountain posted:

Bayonetta vs MGR

Winner gets a switch port

What is wrong with you people :mad:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just hope it's not something that will be so obviously one sided, Cake/Ice Cream and Mayo/Ketchup weren't great choices

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mario vs Sonic splatfest

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Mario vs Sonic splatfest

I was kinda hoping the furry stuff was going to fall off soon

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dr Cheeto posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl57zJ9IFPU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pulled my Wii U out again on a whim to play some GBA castlevania games. I've never done any of the NG+ stuff on these, only the DS games. COTM magician mode is fun and broken which is great. Gimmicky weird power runs were one of my favorite elements of the SOTN versions of Castlevania

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

In Training posted:

Pulled my Wii U out again on a whim to play some GBA castlevania games. I've never done any of the NG+ stuff on these, only the DS games. COTM magician mode is fun and broken which is great. Gimmicky weird power runs were one of my favorite elements of the SOTN versions of Castlevania

Once you get past the first 3 bosses luck mode is the best

• Locked thread