Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

peepsalot posted:

I'm trying to unlock dragon and I'm now at the point where I need a bunch of fairy assistants. I have set up a research build for fairies that gets enough assistants, but I can't get enough coins at the same time. It requires 1e70 and I have closer to 1e65.

I have about 6e29 gems right now. I think previous reincarnation took me like 2 weeks or more of slowly grinding gems up with titans. Is this all normal for post Ascension?

G00f's not a wiki is pretty much the best resource for everything. To unlock dragons you really want 1e31 gems. Use that titan build to grind gems then switch to the fairy build. Two weeks per R is super slow unless you were using it to get spell tiers. Do you have T3+ spells?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

LtSmash posted:

G00f's not a wiki is pretty much the best resource for everything. To unlock dragons you really want 1e31 gems. Use that titan build to grind gems then switch to the fairy build. Two weeks per R is super slow unless you were using it to get spell tiers. Do you have T3+ spells?

I unlocked a couple tiers, but I mostly can't afford any past T2 either from coin or FC requirements. I can make a build to specialize in FC but then I don't have enough coins, etc.

Ill grind gems up with titans some more and try fairies again I guess.

the auschwitz diet
Mar 19, 2004
I toast mine own alcoholism

Deakul posted:

What's the go to Android clickers that aren't realm grinder(boooring) or clicker heroes clone #44665345? Nor adventure capitalist or oil tycoon.

No overly convoluted materials crafting systems either please.

Abyssrium is rather basic and was somewhat short but it's cute and very atmospheric. Someone mentioned Crafting Idle Clicker a few weeks ago and I've been enjoying it despite some UI bugs.

Really though, Android's mostly just tap fest ad supported garbage so temper your expectations.

shs
Feb 14, 2012

I posted this a few weeks/months ago. Here is a link if anyone wants to try it:

Test the game

Keep in mind this isn't a release, this is a limited edition test version. There are probably a lot of glitches, unbalanced things and other issues. If your save data doesn't fall into the abyss, it won't carry over into in future versions. It's also only going to be available for a few days.

But I do have an online ticket system, so if you play test it for me, or if you find some kind of game breaking issue or a really unbalanced build, I can gift you fabulous rewards in the future :wink:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
First impression: The buttons to close menus are a bit small for the window, if you've got spare real estate in those windows, maybe make them a bit bigger. Also most people are used to close buttons in the upper right, but it's no big deal.

Edit:

It also seems like the game doesn't work in a tab.

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Aug 6, 2017

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Edit:

It also seems like the game doesn't work in a tab.

Yeah, this is also the case in Firefox (assuming you were using Chrome).

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

shs posted:

Test the game

Keep in mind this isn't a release, this is a limited edition test version. There are probably a lot of glitches, unbalanced things and other issues. If your save data doesn't fall into the abyss, it won't carry over into in future versions. It's also only going to be available for a few days.

But I do have an online ticket system, so if you play test it for me, or if you find some kind of game breaking issue or a really unbalanced build, I can gift you fabulous rewards in the future :wink:

Immediate impression: the upgrade menu is a tad confusing. Each character having differing attack bonus is weird. Feels more natural to just have a scaling atk bonus? Also there's sound/music options but I'm guessing it's not implemented yet?

shs
Feb 14, 2012
The game not running in a tab is some browser technical thing that I can't do anything about. You can fix it by pulling the tab out into its own window.

Xtanstic posted:

Immediate impression: the upgrade menu is a tad confusing. Each character having differing attack bonus is weird. Feels more natural to just have a scaling atk bonus? Also there's sound/music options but I'm guessing it's not implemented yet?

The upgrade menu is probably something I'll reorganize before the end. I was trying to avoid doing the exact same thing every other idle game does with building/unit upgrades.

And music and sound effects aren't implemented, because I don't actually have any music or sound effects to use :whitewater:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

shs posted:

Test the game

And then it locked up.

shs
Feb 14, 2012
Generic exceptions and out of memory errors are going to going to be an unfortunate part of life right now. Definitely don't go in expecting a release ready game.

I uploaded a new version (0.36) with some small improvements. Same link as before

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Suggestion: The dismiss all button shouldn't dismiss tutorial messages.

Edit: Suggestion2: A manual save button, or some indicator that I've successfully saved.

Edit2: Was the new version supposed to delete my save?

Edit3: How does the online ticket system work? I don't see that option.

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Aug 6, 2017

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
The new version certainly deleted my save. I don't like the mouse over gems to collect them system, but at least it seems to be optional here.

Complaint revoked, moving to a lower quality setting removes the gems. Also idle mode is vastly superior to normal clicking, so you pass my initial "is this worth looking at test."

habituallyred fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Aug 6, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

it didnt save my game when I accidentally closed the window and now I'm level 1 all over again :(

shs
Feb 14, 2012
I think the host I'm using treats each new upload as a brand new, unique game and thus doesn't recognize older saves. That's... undesirable. I guess I won't update the game again.

On the bright side, I wasn't planning to use them for the official release.

If anyone wants to test the support code system (it's under Game status), here are some Heroic Gem codes:

bo1-d8d6-5hi
7kf-wc3o-6sy
1yg-18pt-46m
gs4-cx8s-nto
5i8-eta5-h5s
fw4-oco5-hs6
tjm-1o4w-ssr
i4y-dsxw-4op
7u8-roac-ra4
313-5ti9-sfc

You have to manually type them in (including the hyphen) because ~Unity~.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Suggestion: The dismiss all button shouldn't dismiss tutorial messages.

Edit: Suggestion2: A manual save button, or some indicator that I've successfully saved.

Edit2: Was the new version supposed to delete my save?

Edit3: How does the online ticket system work? I don't see that option.

Are you sure the close all button closed the tutorial messages? Aside from the two intro messages (which I fixed now), it shouldn't be. The tutorial messages all have yellow titles.

I'll add a manual save before the real release.

habituallyred posted:

The new version certainly deleted my save. I don't like the mouse over gems to collect them system, but at least it seems to be optional here.

The gems get auto picked up after 2-3 seconds, or you can change the Graphics Level to low (it's the one setting that does things).

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

shs posted:

Are you sure the close all button closed the tutorial messages? Aside from the two intro messages (which I fixed now), it shouldn't be. The tutorial messages all have yellow titles.

I'll test it if I can. Maybe you're a step ahead of me.
Edit:

You are! Tutorial messages don't get skipped!

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Aug 6, 2017

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Experience seems weird. I've got a bunch of bonuses to it, but the Mission/Combat level increases don't seem to reflect it at all, and there's no way to see actually what my bonuses from it are.

Also, you misspelt additional power on the basic enchant scroll.

e: also, you can instantly heal yourself anytime you want to by going back or forward.

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Aug 6, 2017

Decayer
Jul 25, 2007
Purveyor of fine tarts
I just crafted some "Fualds"; is that supposed to be faulds? Also, I'm guessing "Amoba scout" should be "Amoeba Scout".

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
RE: Game not working in a tab
What is it that makes that happen? I've seen games where it simply can't work and is impossible to be fixed, games where it works, and in Idling to Rule the Gods it just runs at like 1/5 of the speed because of the same issue I'm assuming.
E: Actually I think the games where it does work might all have been Flash?

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 6, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Browsers usually slow the execution of javascript in tabs that aren't visible for performance reasons.

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.
What are some good Evil Mercenary builds for Realm Grinder? I'm trying to unlock Diabolical Evil but all the production ones listed on the wiki are Neutral ones.

shs
Feb 14, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

Experience seems weird. I've got a bunch of bonuses to it, but the Mission/Combat level increases don't seem to reflect it at all, and there's no way to see actually what my bonuses from it are.

Also, you misspelt additional power on the basic enchant scroll.

e: also, you can instantly heal yourself anytime you want to by going back or forward.

Are you talking about the experience boosting consumables? Those are just one time increases, they don't give you a multiplier. But that's something I might change in the future, since there are currently very few ways to increase your experience gains.

It might not be obvious since I haven't updated the game, but I am fixing all of the typos everyone points out.

edit: the craft item rewards are broken, but they (and many other things) will be fixed before release :science:

shs fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Aug 6, 2017

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

McSharpie posted:

What are some good Evil Mercenary builds for Realm Grinder? I'm trying to unlock Diabolical Evil but all the production ones listed on the wiki are Neutral ones.

Nothing at the same magnitude as the Neutral builds. If you want to do something with that long wait you could set up as Undead/Drow and run your evil time entirely offline, maybe with Combo Strikes as your sole spell.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

shs posted:

Are you talking about the experience boosting consumables? Those are just one time increases, they don't give you a multiplier. But that's something I might change in the future, since there are currently very few ways to increase your experience gains.

It might not be obvious since I haven't updated the game, but I am fixing all of the typos everyone points out.

edit: the craft item rewards are broken, but they (and many other things) will be fixed before release :science:

When scrapping items, there needs to be a faster way to clear the "Are you sure you want to scrap this" popup. Either let me tap enter or have some way to mass scrap things.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

When scrapping items, there needs to be a faster way to clear the "Are you sure you want to scrap this" popup. Either let me tap enter or have some way to mass scrap things.

I'd also like to have a comparison of what I'm switching against when changing equipment.

Also dealing with trinkets are so fiddly.

Can we also have any sort of indication when a proc-based one triggers?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

shs posted:

I guess I am? But also the experience boosting equipment and achievements - I got far enough to find out that levels were consumable, but it seems then that experience is a huge trap stat.

shs
Feb 14, 2012

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I'll add enter as a way to confirm.

Kyrosiris posted:

I'd also like to have a comparison of what I'm switching against when changing equipment.

Also dealing with trinkets are so fiddly.

Can we also have any sort of indication when a proc-based one triggers?

If you aren't already, you should go to the equipment tab and use the Weapon/Armor/Shield/Trinket Inventory buttons. It makes changing gear easier.

When an active trinket is active there should be some yellow text with a timer underneath the HP bars that shows the buff and a timer. Depending on the region it might be hard to see. If it never appears that might be an issue.

Ghostlight posted:

I guess I am? But also the experience boosting equipment and achievements - I got far enough to find out that levels were consumable, but it seems then that experience is a huge trap stat.

It turns out the mission and combat level experience calculators had some issues but rest assured they'll be taken out behind the shed and put down tenderly cared for in the future.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I don't know if anyone else has said this for shs' game, but the various inventories for worn equipment should show the currently worn equipment to compare. Just a QoL.

shs
Feb 14, 2012
I'm working on a sort of item comparer. When you open the inventory through the equipment tab, your currently equipped item(s) will show up on top of the list, like this. That's probably the best I can do while still keeping the UI mobile friendly. Because I might actually put this on mobile instead of just claiming I will then never doing it, or so I tell myself.

In case anyone was wondering, I have invisible leader boards implemented into the game, so you can't see me but I'm silently watching you progress through the game :cthulhu:. Whoever reached level 55 and has 106 rewards unlocked is currently winning the test build.

I'm probably going to take down the test build in ~12 hours or so, so if you have any input you'd like to get in, you'd better hurry.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Yeah, that would be very useful.

Is there any way you can make it such that you choose which trinket to replace instead of it basically being a LIFO system?

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
I just unlocked vanilla research at R16. How do I make it more useful? Should I do a few more reincarnations? I feel like I'm not getting enough gold to actually properly research, even though I've unlocked all the branches.

What should I be focusing on? Any tips for doing research this early? I still haven't really figured it out.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

What's the tutorial information you get the first time you select a faction at R15? When I started she said stuff about, like, them getting more powerful if I could find them again or something? But I accidentally spazzed and double-clicked when I hit the elf trade treaty so I wasn't able to actually read that popup.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I just unlocked prestige research in RG on R30 and

HOLY poo poo

PISSSSS

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Realm Grinder: Crawled over the hump in R17. Is it only going to get worse from here? I had to do stupid stuff like only play at certain times of the day to get that.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Merijn posted:

I just unlocked prestige research in RG on R30 and

HOLY poo poo

PISSSSS

yesssssssssss

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Synthbuttrange posted:

Realm Grinder: Crawled over the hump in R17. Is it only going to get worse from here? I had to do stupid stuff like only play at certain times of the day to get that.

no it's going to get a lot better

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Mister Adequate posted:

What's the tutorial information you get the first time you select a faction at R15? When I started she said stuff about, like, them getting more powerful if I could find them again or something? But I accidentally spazzed and double-clicked when I hit the elf trade treaty so I wasn't able to actually read that popup.

You sure it's R15? On R16 you get research which makes vanilla factions better late in the reincarnation.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

i cheated and save edited to give myself anything that would have taken over a week sat in a single abdication or whatever since there are a lot of games coming up that i want to go ham on, but i actually sat and powered through each R the normal way otherwise

up to R70 now and i think i'm going to renounce my cheating ways and farm up these lineages the old-fashioned way :unsmith:

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

shs posted:

I'm probably going to take down the test build in ~12 hours or so, so if you have any input you'd like to get in, you'd better hurry.

Is the game down now? I can't get past the "Checking Server" step of initialization.

shs
Feb 14, 2012

Klungar posted:

Is the game down now? I can't get past the "Checking Server" step of initialization.

Yeah, that's it for now.

Thanks to everyone who tried it out. I don't when the real release will be, but I'll post here when it happens. Expect to see a bunch of incremental improvements. I'll also give everyone free premium currency and maybe something more.

The highest level someone reached was 67.Whoever you are, you won the thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

shs posted:

Expect to see a bunch of incremental improvements.

Idle incremental improvements of idle incremental clickers.