Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Why do I see other players wearing them? And I thought there was a message saying "your tee has been returned" when I got my snails.

your tee has been returned as in you returned it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

The only time I ever seabagged was accidentally when my teammate splatted someone about to splat me and I was desperately trying to get out of the ink at my feet

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Does anyone have a cool/different piece of headgear with Last Ditch Effort on it? I've got the Aviators that EVERYONE has and I've also got the generic tinted shades but I'm looking for something a little cooler than that to start building with chunks and shells.

My current loadout.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Are we supposed to get our splatfest tees back? I cant find mine.

it literally said when you signed up that shirt must be returned at the end...

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

MrFlibble posted:

Sea bagging sounds better.

If you want specific ability chunks - find a brand that gives them as the common ability, level it up and then use sea snails to reroll it. I have 19 left from the splatfest, I just need to decide what I want.

Also I think 3 of the ability equals the main slot (the ability the gear has when bought) so you want them in 3s, but if you spread them out over multiple pieces of gear you won't need an ungodly amount of chunks (its ten for the first slot of that ability, 20 if you want a second one and thirty if you want the third, so its 30 chunks spread out or 60 all on the same gear).

I don't think snail rerolls are affected by brands. I did it to the same hat 20 times and it seemed to roll pretty evenly and I only got the brand specific ability a couple times.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Wait if you use a snail to wipe a piece of gear you get 3 chunks + 3 new filled slots? I mean I guess that would make sense since it's called reroll but I always just assumed it was a different way to scrub without spending 20k.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I swear I searched both here and in PGS but I couldn't find the answer:

Where is the mumble where I can link up with goons in Splatoon?

I am dumb and should have said Discord, not Mumble.

Whatever. I don't care what service it is. How do I play with y'all?

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

tap my mountain posted:

I don't think snail rerolls are affected by brands. I did it to the same hat 20 times and it seemed to roll pretty evenly and I only got the brand specific ability a couple times.

I rerolled the skull bandana and got 2 chunks of special power up both times. Either way I'd stay to the brand because you've got nothing to lose. Hell i'd use a drink as well just in case (well, if I have a spare. The best time to use drinks are when you have a splatfest tee).

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Bill Barber posted:

Does anyone have a cool/different piece of headgear with Last Ditch Effort on it? I've got the Aviators that EVERYONE has and I've also got the generic tinted shades but I'm looking for something a little cooler than that to start building with chunks and shells.

My current loadout.

I've only seen those two. Lucky for me I like both of them.

Looks like it's the Rockenberg 18k Aviators, those Zekko Tinted Shades, a Forge Safari Hat, and a Skalop Visor Skate Helmet. Plus whatever we get from Annie in the app, eventually. Splatoon 1 had the Octoglasses with it, too, so we may get those eventually.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Aug 6, 2017

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
2 questions about the v neck tee in the app before I buy.

First, are the arm thingies for boys and girls or do boys only get the gloves?

Second, does it come in black?

I must complete my emo squid look.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

MrFlibble posted:

I rerolled the skull bandana and got 2 chunks of special power up both times. Either way I'd stay to the brand because you've got nothing to lose. Hell i'd use a drink as well just in case (well, if I have a spare. The best time to use drinks are when you have a splatfest tee).

Huh maybe I just got unlucky

Drinks probably shouldn't affect snail rolls since they are consumed by playing but that seems like something they might miss.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

Wait if you use a snail to wipe a piece of gear you get 3 chunks + 3 new filled slots? I mean I guess that would make sense since it's called reroll but I always just assumed it was a different way to scrub without spending 20k.

Yup, it's the fastest way to get chunks but obviously, a finite resource so it's tricky.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Splatnet has a Splash Mob shirt with Ninja squid primary right now

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
OK, I looked it up and it comes in black but my first question still stands.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

tap my mountain posted:

Yeah I was wondering if Ninja Squid was worth it.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

tap my mountain posted:

Buying the Rockenberg and upgrading it is also a decent idea. They give run speed up.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Edit: okay after thinking about it, those other players are probably logged off since before the splatfest ended.

Yes, the t-shirt doesn't disappear unless you log in after the splatfest is over.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

hey welcome to the show! posted:

2 questions about the v neck tee in the app before I buy.

First, are the arm thingies for boys and girls or do boys only get the gloves?

Second, does it come in black?

I must complete my emo squid look.

It comes in black that also has fingerless gloves (thermal ink main normally)

boys and girls also get the fingerless gloves

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Lakbay posted:

It comes in black that also has fingerless gloves (thermal ink main normally)

boys and girls also get the fingerless gloves

What about the arm thingies?

I need them on my squid.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Count Bleck posted:

It's pretty useful for short range weapons so you can get the drop on them, but it's less useful on some maps.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Count Bleck posted:

Absolutely the best primary perk you can have on a shirt, yea. Thermal Ink is a close runner up; depends on what you want more.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

hey welcome to the show! posted:

What about the arm thingies?

I need them on my squid.

That's what I meant about the arm thingies, they're fingerless gloves for both sexes

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Lakbay posted:

That's what I meant about the arm thingies, they're fingerless gloves for both sexes

OK thank you! I will pick them up when I see them.

Im going for a ronin kinda look.

Bamboo hat

Black v neck tee

And sqidinja shoes (when I get the amiibo)

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

enojy posted:

Absolutely the best primary perk you can have on a shirt, yea. Thermal Ink is a close runner up; depends on what you want more.

Thermal ink seems to only be useful with a longer range weapon. If you hit somebody once with a close range weapon and can't finish them off then either they are now out of range or you're dead.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

tap my mountain posted:

Thermal ink seems to only be useful with a longer range weapon. If you hit somebody once with a close range weapon and can't finish them off then either they are now out of range or you're dead.

Squelchers and splatlings can get crazy value out of thermal, otherwise yeah- someone is dead.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Nephzinho posted:

Squelchers and splatlings can get crazy value out of thermal, otherwise yeah- someone is dead.

Rapid blaster is great with it too.
You need to tag them with a direct hit for it to work but thermal ink makes it easy to follow up.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

What's the best abilities to aim for with close weapon builds? Not really feeling ninja squid with all the slowdown it gives.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

If seabagging after using splashdown to wipe a team camping my super jump is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tatsuta Age posted:

What's the best abilities to aim for with close weapon builds? Not really feeling ninja squid with all the slowdown it gives.

Ink resist is always useful, as is swim speed.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Booyah!

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

:yeah:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

Yup, it's the fastest way to get chunks but obviously, a finite resource so it's tricky.
I just rerolled my glasses 12 times and didn't get anything actually worthwhile. Thank God Nintendo doesn't sell shells via microtransactions or I'd be a broke man.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Tatsuta Age posted:

Ninha squid is definitely a preference, but most close range weapons seem to lack ink efficiency so ink saver primary and ink recovery are usually good with them.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I sucked that one. I'm sorry I let you down, squidkid HIV+.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Lol how did NiggerGee get past the name filter Nintendo??

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Also thanks Nintendo for putting me on a team with a slosher and two rollers against a team with two splattershot pros, a splattershot and a sniper. We lost, surprisingly.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I had a game earlier where the opposite team had three Charger types.

It was one of like three games so far I broke ten kills on,

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Frankston posted:

Lol how did NiggerGee get past the name filter Nintendo??

My wife played with someone named AnalQueen last night

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Kaubocks posted:

lol the sploosh o matic is so loving bad

i love the splattershot jr but i swear this thing actively avoids hitting enemies

You have to aim for the crotch. Your shots go all over the place otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

It's so nice to log back in after splatfest and find a bunch of furry posts to report.