Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
susan
Jan 14, 2013
A'ight, finished my leveling and purchasing. Took 2 Toughness bonuses, Sig Wargear (Astartes Combat Shield), Double-Team, Scrutiny, and a Perception bump, then Requisitioned two Lightning Claws. I am the reaper. Fear me.

This leaves 15 Requisition, which I'm more than happy to lend to the team. Rockopolis, you still need some Requisition for your Force Sword? Also, maybe we should buy extra Medkits or something, going into a Space Hulk and all...

Also, who wants to be the leader going into this? Seems like +10 to hit vs Xenos may come in handy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Ah, but which xenos? Or what if there's more than one kind? OR IT'S FULL OF TRAITORS! RARGH!

I certainly won't say no to a sweet sword, but if anyone else needs the points more I'm happy to donate mine. 25 loose points.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Got some characteristic advances and a few talents, nothing too noteworthy. Put a motion predictor on my Heavy Bolter so it's even less likely I'll miss anything. Also got a shoulder-mounted Conflagration Infernus Pistol. Y'know. Just in case anything gets too close.

All I need to do now is get a plasma cannon to round out my heavy weapons list.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Did we ever decide on Squad Leader? I of course would be comically bad as leader, but look forward to the various buffs and synergies our glorious commander will provide. Also, apparently at this Renown rank I can get arm mounting for my Bolt Pistol, making me only practically useless in ranged combat instead of completely useless!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Well, if you make me team lead, I can finally justify being a tac marine. And you can tell me what poo poo I should get for my 60 req!

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
I'm cool with that, though you have the Bolter special ability, instead of the one that lets you use Chapter Squad modes on everyone.
Go with Oath to the Emperor, I guess.

Storm Shields are always fun. Especially if you combine them with that Storm Bolter of yours, SWAT style. They're 35 requisition.
A Motion Predictor makes you even more likely to hit. 20 requisition.
Cybernetics are nice because they're permanent.

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

Flee from th' terrifyin' evil of "NHS"!

I'll be home halfway though the session, in case Eponymous wants a dramatic apothecary entrance.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

boarding torpedoes

And if I take a stormshield, I can be a breacher marine! OMG!

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Creation_of_a_Space_Marine

As far as I can tell, the 19 special space marine organs are implanted separately? The progenoids are actually grown in new space marines, and absorb the DNA from the organs so you can grow a new set for the next guy? This is definitely on the more obscure end of the canon though, I don't doubt a lot of materials portray the whole process differently. Whatever, you got a bunch of whatever it is you use to make more marines to deal with.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Yeah, I don't know if there is an official policy for this kind of thing - it's probably a rare enough event that there's not a ton of precedent other than using loyalists from the Traitor Legions to make Grey Knights for there to be an established policy. I've always liked the idea that there's Watch Commanders and Captains using Blackshields with 'clouded origins' to pad out their forces.

It's a good conundrum - if it can be used, it's valuable enough to hurl wave after wave of Marines to retrieve. If. And by the same token we absolutely cannot let the Traitor Legions reclaim it.
I suggest we tape all our spare grenades to the caskets so we can make sure they're destroyed rather than captured.

The caskets aren't really mobile, are they? I guess we camp out until the Inquisitor can send in a retrieval team or we're able to start the ship up and drive it back to the Watch Fortress. Time to fortify this area against the worst that the Traitors and the Hulk itself can hurl at us.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Rockopolis posted:

Time to fortify this area against the worst that the Traitors and the Hulk itself can hurl at us.

It's like you're an Imperial Fist or something.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

JcDent posted:

It's like you're an Imperial Fist or something.
Finally, the sole use for that overpriced Siegecraft talent!

As bad as splitting the party is, we need to let the Inquisitor know what we've found. One group forts up in the medbay, the other dashes off to inform the Inquisitor? Bastion and Kalderich are slow, they should probably dig in.

Alternatively, Bastion hasn't done any ridiculous weightlifting lately, maybe we can just carry them off.

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

Agatone can go back and start the main engines and try to drive the ancient warship himself. Might need the Inquisitor's one to do warp navigation though.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Meanwhile, Olaf, Haytham and Tychon can scoot for the bridge! Realistically, Tycon and Haytham would be enough, but I need to secure the corpse of the brave loyalst captain and such.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
You might have seen this in the Good/Bad/Weird RPG stories thread, but I posted a bunch of screenshots of our Deathwatch adventures right here. How far we've come.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

How's this Sunday looking for everyone?

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

Fine for me.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Ready to blend...

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

susan posted:

Ready to blend gun...

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Ready to be upstaged by Haytham again :D

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Armor of the Junkyard Dog
Former Owner: War Hounds Captain Karos
May be swapped for any squad member's armor on a mission-by-mission basis.

Armor: 9 all
Weight: 250 kg
Enhanced Strength: +20
Auto-Senses: +10
Osmotic Gill Life Sustainer: Yes
Auto-Injector Doses: 8

Special Abilities

Mark IV Base: +15 to fellowship tests with other Astartes.

Blood of a Battle-Brother: +1 to cohesion.

Death is Joy: +2 damage on attacks that deal critical damage, +1 magnitude damage to hordes.

Can't Stop Me Now: User may make a toughness check to immediately negate stun effects.

Have Your Pets Spayed or Neutered: Comes with a free best-quality Astartes combat knife w/ Dupole Mag-Lock.

?????: ??????????????????????????????????

???????????: ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

His Bark (Master-Crafted Bolt Pistol)
12 Requisition
P 30m S/2/- 1d10+12 X Pen 4 12 clip Tearing

If used by an Astartes wearing the Armor of the Junkyard Dog, the user may treat a damage roll of 1 as a roll of 8, or 8 as a roll of 10 (but not 1 as 10) for all effects and calculations, including Righteous Fury. They also gain the following trait:

????: ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

His Bite (Master-Crafted Chainaxe)
26 Requisition
Melee 1d10+8 R Pen 4 Tearing, Unbalanced

Is treated as having a power field for the purpose of not being broken by power fields. If used by an Astartes wearing the Armor of the Junkyard Dog, the user triggers Righteous Fury twice, rolling twice to confirm if needed and applying all relevant effects two times, when rolling an 8 on damage with this weapon. They also gain the following trait:

????: ??????????????????????????????????

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I think we can all agree that meOlav should get the armor at the very least, and everything else too (because they work with armor). Here's why:
1. Woof Woof Woof
2. +1 to coheresion and 15+ for fellowship? Oh boy! I am a tactical, you know!
3. I'm the only one who used a bolt pistol, and I just found out that I only have a combat knife.
4. All the bits work with the armor
5. Unforeseen circumstances? Hell yeah!

Reasons not to get this armor:
1. It's a Mark IV and not a much cooler MK III or MK II.

E: does the armor get all the other usual armor bonuses, like darksight and poo poo?

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Oh yeah, in all respects other than those listed it should function like standard Mark VII Aquila armor. Enjoy all the little bonuses that we forget exist most of the time.

And to be clear, you can totally modify His Bark by giving it mods like a fire selector or red dot sight, it just doesn't come standard.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Eponymous posted:

His Bite (Master-Crafted Chainaxe)
26 Requisition
Melee 1d10+8 R Pen 4 Tearing, Unbalanced

Is treated as having a power field for the purpose of not being broken by power fields. If used by an Astartes wearing the Armor of the Junkyard Dog, the user triggers Righteous Fury twice, rolling twice to confirm if needed and applying all relevant effects two times, when rolling an 8 on damage with this weapon. They also gain the following trait:

????: ??????????????????????????????????

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................

So.... is anyone taking this? I mean, I'm not sure if this is more effective than the Lightning Claws (actually it probably isn't, but, eh, it's thematic), so if the Armor Wearer wants to take this bad boy that would work... But...

Question(s) though: So, does the damage track include the +2 Damage from Master Craftsmanship, or is it actually be d10+10 in practice? And do we have to pay the 26 Req to take this, or is that just listed for purposes of Signature Wargear? And does it trigger Righteous Fury on rolls of 8, 9, and 10, or just 8 (and 10)?

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

I already included the damage bonuses, and the effect triggers only on 8. 10 gives a normal, single Righteous Fury.

...Is there a term for something like a number-based pun? Because I am proud how many 8s and 12s I worked in there. I really should've made the armor 12 body/8 elsewhere, in hindsight.

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

Agatone will be working on getting that Deathwing terminator armour cleaned and repaired so we can ship it back to the Dark Angels.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Moonwolf posted:

Agatone will be working on getting that Deathwing terminator armour cleaned and repaired so we can ship it back to the Dark Angels.

Just some spit and polish

Wait our spit is acid

no

nooooo

JcDent
May 13, 2013

susan posted:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................

So.... is anyone taking this?

I'm ready to take everything. Who knows when I'll run into a bloodletter next time!

ED: Wait, I misread it, I though it was someone takes the armor forever, not a, ugh, communal pool.

JcDent fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Jul 31, 2017

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

In "things I'd got wrong" news, you can dodge flamers. But you have to be able to get to clear space that's not in the blast to do so, so most of last session would still have had everyone on fire all the time. Tones down the flamer of perpetual crowd control somewhat though.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Session in one week! I actually have a few different options for missions right now, and it's not super important the order you resolve them in, so I thought I'd just ask: any type of mission you guys would be interested in trying next? Something stealth, mass combat, more roleplay-y, etc? Any particular xenos you'd like to rid the galaxy of?

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

I'd be up for more interaction with the more normal members of the Imperium/Crusade. Fine with any flavour of Xenos death.

I think if you want to use mobs at all you need to up the numbers and just represent them as a giant blob rather than individuals for combat though, even 20 strong mobs just get blown away in a couple of actions and are mostly non-threatening.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Tarot reading tiiiime!

Alright, here's how your version of the emperor's tarot works: You get a certain number of cards depending on your successes. Cards come in pairs, with the first card representing something relevant to you and the second one clarifying/modifying that card's meaning. You don't know precisely what each pair is in reference to, but the deeper into a reading you get, the distance (in time, distance, whatever) to whatever it represents generally increases. If a card is reversed you reverse its meaning. I'm using a 40k-themed deck I found right here, but I checked and I do think it maps to the traditional Rider-Waite tarot deck. With all that in mind:

EDIT: Those rules I posted are generalities BTW, every rule can change depending on the situation.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

*Brother Tychon looks at the cards, grabs his chainsword*

"The reading is clear. We must kill the Governor."

*turns, then under his breath*

"...and then find the Traitor."

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Also, would it be possible for us to get a Screengrab of the game slide with all the suspects? For cross-referencing purposes.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Will do, although I'm away from my computer for a few days so not right now.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Oh wow, that's really cool. I'll think on it, but I can't really reply since I'm about to board a plane to Glorious People's Republic of China and I have no idea if any of this is on the ban list.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

I'm good to game this sunday! Assuming a quorum of players is as well, you all have 60 requisition to spend! As a reminder, besides the card reading, Bastion's augury suggested the greatest threats in your immediate future are Armored and/or Daemonic.

Also, given the battlefield situation, you are allowed to purchase (well, rent) Guard and Naval assets! Thanks to your diagnosis and good chat with Colonel 8, you get his assistance for free, counting as a Commissar Cohort. You didn't really impress/piss off anybody else yet to get free stuff/"fun" effects. I'm planning another hybrid mass battle thing, so any troops you get through purchasing/roleplay will be under your direct command, with the rest being NPCs.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

breaching auger

JcDent
May 13, 2013

So I'll take breaching auger, special ammo and grenades. If anyone can check point costs and make recommendations, please do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

Going with Melta-gun, jump pack and combi-tool, taking me to 50/60 spent.

• Locked thread