Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is Last-Ditch Effort actually good in this game? I can never remember which of the more obscure abilities are good and which are poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Internet Kraken posted:

Is Last-Ditch Effort actually good in this game? I can never remember which of the more obscure abilities are good and which are poo poo.
It's very situational but it can be super effective in ranked depending on when it triggers (once it triggers it's on for the rest of the match), and also 90% of winning in Turf War is how you do in the last 45 seconds.

Someone with more knowledge of the innerworkings could probably explain better. I am kind of curious how big of a % jump it gives to your stats and what stats specifically.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I haven't seen any miiverse posts in a week or two :(

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Last-Ditch Effort kicks in when there's 30 seconds left in Turf Wars. In Ranked, it'll kick in for the rest of the match once the enemy team's score reaches 30 or below. If you're getting stomped, it might not help that much, but if you can drag out that battle, it can be a very potent ability.

As for what exactly it does, Last Ditch Effort is about as worth as much as 16 points of Ink Saver Main, Ink Saver Sub, and Ink Recovery Up. (1 main and 2 subs, basically.) I'm not quite sure how LDE itself stacks with those abilities though. Still, a very powerful ability to make use of since it's basically so many ability slots rolled into one.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 6, 2017

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Dr. Fetus posted:

Last-Ditch Effort kicks in when there's 30 seconds left in Turf Wars. In Ranked, it'll kick in for the rest of the match once the enemy team's score reaches 30 or below. If you're getting stomped, it might not help that much, but if you can drag out that battle, it can be a very potent ability.

As for what exactly it does, Last Ditch Effort is about as worth as much as 16 points of Ink Saver Main, Ink Saver Sub, and Ink Recovery Up. (1 main and 2 subs, basically.) I'm not quite sure how LDE itself stacks with those abilities though. Still, a very powerful ability to make use of since it's basically so many ability slots rolled into one.
This rules, thank you.

Now I just need Grizz to open up so I can get a some sub saver drinks.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Is there any way to really grind out drinks from Grizz, or isn't it random what he gives you in each ball?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

This rules, thank you.

Now I just need Grizz to open up so I can get a some sub saver drinks.

It is pretty hard to turn a Tower Control around that far or to time the Splat Zone right, but you will almost always have LDE up for Rainmaker.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Atoramos posted:

Is there any way to really grind out drinks from Grizz, or isn't it random what he gives you in each ball?
It's random.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Oh yeah, and do note they changed how the Ink Saver abilities work in this game. Each weapon has one of 2 attributes associated with it that affect how much Ink Saver affects it. Generally, weapons with higher ink consumption are affected more, while weapons with lower ink consumption are affected less. Full list is on the first sheet of this Google Doc. (Oh and the stuff like damage values are purely for how long the bars on the stats screen are, so ignore those. The actual values can be seen in the testing range.)

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Atoramos posted:

You get whatever Mr. Grizz found between his couch cushions that morning.

They seriously need to change the drink system.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh yeah, and do note they changed how the Ink Saver abilities work in this game. Each weapon has one of 2 attributes associated with it that affect how much Ink Saver affects it. Generally, weapons with higher ink consumption are affected more, while weapons with lower ink consumption are affected less. Full list is on the first sheet of this Google Doc. (Oh and the stuff like damage values are purely for how long the bars on the stats screen are, so ignore those. The actual values can be seen in the testing range.)

What exactly are "Middle" and "High" even meant to mean in this context? Does it mean that the effect is high or medium, or that you need more or fewer to make a difference? Is this all measured with one main ability Ink Saver? Multiple main abilities? What about sub abilities? Is this explicitly in reference to Ink Saver Main, or does it apply to Ink Saver Sub also?

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Does anyone know how much health inklings have?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

I need a Last Ditch Effort shirt STAT.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

I need a Last Ditch Effort shirt STAT.
It's head only I think.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hmmm hopefully it will pop up in Annie's shop some day, unless that isn't possible

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

hey welcome to the show! posted:

About 100.

There are test dummies in the test range, test your claws on them. Of course, they don't account for lag and other network latency issues, but they'll do.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Last-Ditch Effort and Opening Gambit are both head-specific so that you can't use both at once.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can retool my loadout then, guess I'll just have to grind 30 more chunks *chokjng back tears but remaining really stoic and strong*

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

Hmmm hopefully it will pop up in Annie's shop some day, unless that isn't possible
It's possible to get a random piece of headgear with LRD from Annie's but they removed the chance of getting it on any other slot. They want you to have to pick and choose when it comes to special abilities.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

hey welcome to the show! posted:

If they take 100 damage, they will splat.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Yeah I really want a last ditch hat now but my current hat has both my swim speed and ink resist

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Speaking of health, is the bomb defense perk useful at all?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Cicadas! posted:

What exactly are "Middle" and "High" even meant to mean in this context? Does it mean that the effect is high or medium, or that you need more or fewer to make a difference? Is this all measured with one main ability Ink Saver? Multiple main abilities? What about sub abilities? Is this explicitly in reference to Ink Saver Main, or does it apply to Ink Saver Sub also?

High gets affected more. (Apparently up to 50% reduction.) Medium, it's up to around 47% reduction instead. Not sure how subs factor into that, though.

Internet Kraken posted:

It's apparently what people like to run at higher ranks, since the splash damage can add up. It also affects direct hits from a Burst Bomb, which are seen very often up there.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Internet Kraken posted:

It's decent for tower control but I dunno if I'd actually use it regularly.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

High gets affected more. (Apparently up to 50% reduction.) Medium, it's up to around 47% reduction instead. Not sure how subs factor into that, though.

Cool, thanks for clarifying.

Internet Kraken posted:

Furthermore, is it effective against things other than bombs? If it's more generalized explosion resistance and it reduces damage from things like Tenta-Missiles or the explosion from the Baller, I could see that being really useful.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I've lucked out then because I've got Last-Ditch Effort on a hat I really like.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Oh wait, here are more specific stats on Last Ditch Effort. It got buffed considerably from Splatoon 1. They're rough estimates, though.

Main weapon: 25% less ink (can use for 33% longer)
Sub weapon: 15-17% less ink (can use for 17-20% longer)
Ink recovery rate: ~33-40% faster (can recover ink in ~70-75% of the time)

Also, these stack fully with both Ink Saver abilities and Ink Recovery up. They're separate multipliers applied on top, meaning that they don't suffer from diminishing returns. Have fun.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 6, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh wait, here are more specific stats on Last Ditch Effort. It got buffed considerably from Splatoon 1.

Also, these stack fully with both Ink Saver abilities and Ink Recovery up. They're separate multipliers applied on top, meaning that they don't suffer from diminishing returns. Have fun.

I just bought the tinted shades with LDE :cheers: Now I need a cool shirt with Special Build Up to replace the hat I used to use, I found one but it's a boring ugly t shirt, there's probably cooler out there. Im patient

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh wait, here are more specific stats on Last Ditch Effort. It got buffed considerably from Splatoon 1. They're rough estimates, though.

:woop:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Did anyone do math on Splatoon 2's Comeback? I use that on the majority of my headgear since I'm bad and get splatted a lot

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

I just bought the tinted shades with LDE :cheers: Now I need a cool shirt with Special Build Up to replace the hat I used to use, I found one but it's a boring ugly t shirt, there's probably cooler out there. Im patient
Crimson Parashooter is the only top I've got with special build atm.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Gonna have to get me some Tinted Shades.

My shoes have Ink Saver Main and I wouldn't mind also having Ink Recovery up on my shirt.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Something neat I noticed that a pro player does with his gear is that he only fills two slots with the specific sub skill he wants and then partners that gear with another gear choice that has the third skill. It means that he has to always combo his clothing together and he has a little bit less flexibility but it certainly is cost effective when it comes to chunks.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Why is Splatoon 2 in game withholding stats that they display in the App?

Just noticed that on the Splatfest the App shows how much ink each person put down, as well as how many time each person got splatted.

Why remove this stuff from the stat screen at the end?

I also see that under splats there is a number in parenthesis So it will say x9(1) or whatever. What does that second number mean, assists?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

JackDarko posted:

Something neat I noticed that a pro player does with his gear is that he only fills two slots with the specific sub skill he wants and then partners that gear with another gear choice that has the third skill. It means that he has to always combo his clothing together and he has a little bit less flexibility but it certainly is cost effective when it comes to chunks.

If you use a drink to add two skills to something make sure you are wearing whatever empty gear in the other two slots so you can also farm some chunks while you do it. Especially if it's of a brand that you want to farm.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Astro7x posted:

I also see that under splats there is a number in parenthesis So it will say x9(1) or whatever. What does that second number mean, assists?

Yes.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
The second number is assists, and they just like keeping the results screen simple and uncluttered in game.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Oh nice, if you use sea snails to put more slots on an item, it takes less XP to fill them. I put two slots on a one-slot item, and the XP needs were something like 2000/6000/10000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

enojy posted:

Oh nice, if you use sea snails to put more slots on an item, it takes less XP to fill them. I put two slots on a one-slot item, and the XP needs were something like 2000/6000/10000.

I wish I knew about this before I dumped all mine into rerolling