Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

I just hope it's not something that will be so obviously one sided, Cake/Ice Cream and Mayo/Ketchup weren't great choices

As indicated, I think with those it really had more to do with Marina vs Pearl then the actual battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My first week in Splatoon 1 was Dogs vs. Cats. What a wild week that was.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

glam rock hamhock posted:

As indicated, I think with those it really had more to do with Marina vs Pearl then the actual battle.

It's more that Mayo/ketchup was only close in Japan and everywhere else in the world thinks Mayo is kind agross and except for like...the Benelux region

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

It doesn't really matter who wins or loses splatfest

The results actually have serious consequences

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
This avatar was paid for by the silent mayority

al-azad
May 28, 2009

In Training posted:

It's more that Mayo/ketchup was only close in Japan and everywhere else in the world thinks Mayo is kind agross and except for like...the Benelux region

And all those people are wrong and I bet they regularly eat emulsions of egg and oil without ever thinking "yuck, mayo."

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mayo is gross. and that's the final word 😤

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Things that use mayo like chicken salad or spinach and artichoke dip are good but straight mayo is an abomination

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Today I'm having breakfast for breakfast.

when people complain about how you should be using your phone to take photos in landscape orientation, this isn't what they mean

tap my mountain posted:

Things that use mayo like chicken salad or spinach and artichoke dip are good but straight mayo is an abomination

i've never really had a spinach and artichoke dip but if you're in that habit of ruining a chicken salad with mayo then you are dead to me

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo
Anybody ever play a first person stealth game called Intruder? Just learned about it yesterday and it looks fun but I don't wanna buy it if the servers are dead.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

tap my mountain posted:

Mayo is great, you can even trick the people who turn their noses up at it into admitting this by calling it "aioli" instead.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Small children can't get enough of the sugar in ketchup, which shows their lack of discipline both in the dining room and on the battlefield. Sophisticated adults understand the judicious use of mayonnaise in the hands of a skilled cook will enhance a dish much like the judicious use of team tactics in a match will enhance the chances of victory

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Kewpie mayo is top tier

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

when people complain about how you should be using your phone to take photos in landscape orientation, this isn't what they mean

i've never really had a spinach and artichoke dip but if you're in that habit of ruining a chicken salad with mayo then you are dead to me

You can make chicken salad without mayo?!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Cowcaster posted:

oh i thought it was just for pc

also lots of people who play ffxiv own it off steam because it's cheaper that way.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

tap my mountain posted:

You can make chicken salad without mayo?!

well yeah just put some grilled chicken on crunchy water w a nice vinaigrette

Guy Mann posted:

Mayo is great, you can even trick the people who turn their noses up at it into admitting this by calling it "aioli" instead.

not all aioli has egg in, but all aioli that has egg in is poo poo

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

That's not the chicken salad they are talking about guys...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Goons have strong opinions on trash food

Myself included :negative:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

So y'know how when your partner's exploding in Kirby Super Star they can run into an enemy and get a new power?

My partner just ran into Chef Kawasaki. And got a sword. :sterv:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Woah the AM2R guy got hired by the Ori People.

https://twitter.com/AM2Rgame/status/894258310022615040

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Make your own mayo at least once, if you have a stick blender it's the easiest drat thing. Just egg, oil, and a little mustard and lemonjuice with seasoning to taste.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Norns posted:

Kewpie mayo is top tier

I just read up on Kewpie mayo and that sounds pretty drat good :cabot:, I understand why it won the popularity contest in Japan

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

It is pretty good, I usually eat it with mackerel and white rice

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Phase 3 of the No Man's Sky ARG has started on the twitch it seems.

They've put a decent amount of money into this whole thing, I'm actually cautiously optimistic about the new update

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 6, 2017

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
Miracle Whip

there I said it

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just read up on Kewpie mayo and that sounds pretty drat good :cabot:, I understand why it won the popularity contest in Japan

Is that the kind they put on Takoyaki? Cause that poo poo is goood

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Phase 3 of the No Man's Sky ARG has started on the twitch it seems.

They've put a decent amount of money into this whole thing, I'm actually cautiously optimistic about the new update
It started last night, right now they're asking people to put the atlas logo inside a hall of mirrors and send them photos and the deadline on that is like 2 or 3 hours from now. IDK if that's going to be the last thing or what, ARGs are kinda boring

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

SONIC UNDERGROUND JUST DID A ZYDECO MUSIC VIDEO

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

vermin posted:

Miracle Whip

there I said it

Miracle Hwip

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

tap my mountain posted:

Is that the kind they put on Takoyaki? Cause that poo poo is goood

god takoyaki is so good

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

glam rock hamhock posted:

I think it was because cum is funny.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Okay sorry for bringing up the Nick Robinson bs again but can someone directly link me to pictures of the bad dms he did? Because the one that was linked a couple times only seems to be 2 pictures and says nothing like 'send nudes' or 'don't tell anyone about this'

I don't doubt he's been lovely but I actually don't understand where people are getting that particular stuff from

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

They aren't publicly available and most likely never will be

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there were definitely tweets showing him saying that stuff but the account that posted them is private now

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Okay sorry for bringing up the Nick Robinson bs again but can someone directly link me to pictures of the bad dms he did? Because the one that was linked a couple times only seems to be 2 pictures and says nothing like 'send nudes' or 'don't tell anyone about this'

I don't doubt he's been lovely but I actually don't understand where people are getting that particular stuff from

The ones I posted, slightly more here:

Are all that has actually come of it so far (edit: There was one more tweet with a different screencap but it was basically just this again). The same person who posted these is the one that he asked not to say anything about it, or so she said before she made her twitter private. There's no evidence he actually said that but I believe it given how embarrassing this is.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Aug 6, 2017

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Its depressing how many peoples way of thinking on twitter seems to be "show me direct proof, otherwise I must withhold empathy towards the potentially undeserving victims. This white male may be unfairly accused, we can't have that, I like his videos".

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Too many people use skepticism as an excuse for withholding empathy. You can be skeptical while also being empathetic just in case, because I mean worst case scenario you were wrong to feel bad for the people involved and that doesn't really hurt anything. But it's not something you see often.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
edit: forum hiccup

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I have tragic news, August Chat Thread.

The operation to restore my PSP's charger port has not only failed, I actually broke the drat console in the progress. :smith:

RIPSP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
He was being accused of everything but murder yesterday with no one giving details. It's hosed up people's private business had to get trotted out in the street so everyone could gauge the amount of outrage they should be feeling. Everybody glad you know now? Should we see what pictures she sent him? Should we dissect the history of his fakku account?

• Locked thread