Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

why not buy a PlayStation Vita

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Really Pants posted:

why not buy a PlayStation Vita
I own a Vita but its on the latest firmware.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

vermin posted:

He was being accused of everything but murder yesterday with no one giving details. It's hosed up people's private business had to get trotted out in the street so everyone could gauge the amount of outrage they should be feeling. Everybody glad you know now? Should we see what pictures she sent him? Should we dissect the history of his fakku account?
im glad a guy who creeped on 18 year old girls probably wont creep on 18 year old girls again, yes

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
Dad's looking for a tank simulator game he can casually play. Moving around in 3D makes him dizzy and WASD confuses and frightens him. I'm gonna download Armored Warfare and hope there's a Very Easy setting with the bots. I wonder if there's a submarine simulator game that wouldn't be too challenging for him.

Train Simulators aren't hard right?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

vermin posted:

He was being accused of everything but murder yesterday with no one giving details. It's hosed up people's private business had to get trotted out in the street so everyone could gauge the amount of outrage they should be feeling. Everybody glad you know now? Should we see what pictures she sent him? Should we dissect the history of his fakku account?

I mean... yes? It seems pretty logical to me that an issue brought up publicly in the first place should have a public resolution.

More games should let you interact with dogs.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

the main takeaway for me is that twitter really loving sucks and you should never use it

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

babypolis posted:

the main takeaway for me is that twitter really loving sucks and you should never use it

Same.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

is the twist here that sonic is the robot

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Raxivace posted:

I have tragic news, August Chat Thread.

The operation to restore my PSP's charger port has not only failed, I actually broke the drat console in the progress. :smith:

RIPSP.

well just harvest the thumbstick and put it on your n3ds

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Twitter is really good as long as you don't use it to keep tabs on popular people or politics, and instead follow your friends and read their cool posts about their lives (and post about yours too).

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

CJacobs posted:

I mean... yes? It seems pretty logical to me that an issue brought up publicly in the first place should have a public resolution.

See I was under the impression people other than her were tweeting about it which forced her to be open about it which I don't know if she was comfortable with being public about it. I haven't seen her twitter at all cause I don't have an account.

Diablo 2

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Twitter is really good as long as you don't use it to keep tabs on popular people or politics, and instead follow your friends and read their cool posts about their lives (and post about yours too).

sounds to me like facebook is vastly better for that than twitter, considering it doesnt have the asinine character limitation or the possibility of being harassed by tons of people at once, or being doxxed and having your life destroyed because you said something people dont like

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

vermin posted:

Dad's looking for a tank simulator game he can casually play. Moving around in 3D makes him dizzy and WASD confuses and frightens him. I'm gonna download Armored Warfare and hope there's a Very Easy setting with the bots. I wonder if there's a submarine simulator game that wouldn't be too challenging for him.

Here you go, friendo, a tank ... simulator for your dad with no WASD or 3D movement.

CJacobs posted:

Honestly you probably shouldn't even do that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
a lot of people were speculating about it but she wasn't involved in the drama and just presented the info of her own volition as she wasn't one of the main people involved in it, just someone that he'd been weird to once

edit:

I just use twitter for sexy anime fanart

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think renting this as a kid might have been the first time I was ever disappointed with a video game

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

vermin posted:

See I was under the impression people other than her were tweeting about it which forced her to be open about it which I don't know if she was comfortable with being public about it. I haven't seen her twitter at all cause I don't have an account.

Well, nobody should be coerced into giving away their information to the public, and it's not very reasonable to expect them to want to. I was just saying that there's nothing wrong with wanting to see something conclusive so that you can make informed decisions about how to feel.

babypolis posted:

sounds to me like facebook is vastly better for that than twitter, considering it doesnt have the asinine character limitation or the possibility of being harassed by tons of people at once, or being doxxed and having your life destroyed because you said something people dont like

I mean they seem pretty much the same in that way to me, with the exception that you have to be friends with somebody to do tons of stuff on Facebook which doesn't have an equivalent requirement on Twitter. Either way Facebook is better for keeping up with people you know in real life imo

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 6, 2017

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Holy hell I don't think my dad could wrap his brain around this.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
how i feel is that this is all stupid af social media circus bullshit and yall should just play some the last story like me

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

babypolis posted:

I think it should be

CJacobs posted:

but with the addition of don't be a jerk

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Help Im Alive posted:

I think renting this as a kid might have been the first time I was ever disappointed with a video game

i still remember the level select code B A R A C U D A

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i wish melee attacks didn't overheat your suit in vanquish, probably the single thing i would change about the game. at least some of them let you burn the rest of your slowmo after they connect.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The White Dragon posted:

well just harvest the thumbstick and put it on your n3ds
I only have an old 3DS. :smith:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

vermin posted:

If you have an N64 you could get him BattleTanx. What's his feelings wrt queenlords?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Finally finished the Splatoon 2 campaign. Been putting a lot of hours into this game, everything about the game's style is :3:

Now time to go back to Zelda for a while, I guess. :geno: Or maybe Fabulous would do a better job of keeping my interest

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
help, i'm trapped in Nonnok's Nostalgia Niche

i've been playing pillars of eternity again all day and listening to system mastery :negative:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I bought this over Super Mario RPG, am I the worst human alive?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

al-azad posted:

We all make mistakes.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

al-azad posted:

Thank you for caring about flickies

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

blaze it, fam

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I learned today on Binging with Babish that some people put ketchup on cheese steaks and now I want to watch the world burn.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

al-azad posted:

I learned today on Binging with Babish that some people put ketchup on cheese steaks and now I want to watch the world burn.

:barf:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I was looking up when TI7 was gonna be and one of the casters' handles is just straight up "Capitalist"

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

vermin posted:

isn't world of tanks a free to play thing that actually a lot of people like? i think

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Cowcaster posted:

isn't world of tanks a free to play thing that actually a lot of people like? i think

The only thing is it might be too fast paced for him. If there's a game that combines the gameplay of World of Tanks with the low stakes of Nintendo Golf...

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

vermin posted:

The only thing is it might be too fast paced for him. If there's a game that combines the gameplay of World of Tanks with the low stakes of Nintendo Golf...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorched_Earth_(video_game)

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLQ8MSWXjUc&t=500s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That looks fun I guess

it seems like they've done kind of a bad job telling people what the game actually is (i'm still not 100% sure)

• Locked thread