Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

dragon enthusiast posted:

*throws ink mine*
*throws point sensor*

oh

That's why ink mines and point sensors are all(?) on long range weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
How do I turn off the furry stuff?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

eddiewalker posted:

How do I turn off the furry stuff?

Report as 'Inappropriate' and the offending art will disappear.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

52 gal has a point sensor but it's not particularly long range. My kingdom for a 52 gal with a bomb

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

DalaranJ posted:

I love ink mines on the rapid blaster and I hope that when they bring the ranged blaster back they put it on that too.

I like to play defensively and the ink mines allow you to know if someone is flanking you and really punishes those who try and push in on you. Both mines combined do 70 damage and make splatting them easy.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Nolgthorn posted:

I think the biggest problem is they can dodge and aim somehow.

I know! It's like they're cheating.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Does racking up more levels of S+ keep increasing how much money and exp you get from winning? Or is it just for show?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Y’all minmaxers keep doing it if you enjoy it but you could get to S no problem without it in Splatoon 1 and I’ve seen nothing to suggest the same isn’t true about 2.

Just in case anyone here is doing it like a chore. Go have fun instead.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

pokeyman posted:

Y’all minmaxers keep doing it if you enjoy it but you could get to S no problem without it in Splatoon 1 and I’ve seen nothing to suggest the same isn’t true about 2.

Just in case anyone here is doing it like a chore. Go have fun instead.

you’re 100% right of course but don’t tell goons not to min/max it’s extremely triggering to them

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i'm just gonna scrub my gear while i play normally and then in like a year i can make one cool set of clothes i'll stick with no matter what my weapon

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I played normally and my ninja squid shirt rolled 3 ink resistance subs naturally

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Everyone knows that freshness comes first and min maxing comes second.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The best part of minmaxers in Splatoon is that you can tell who they are because they look like huge loving nerds who can't dress themselves. I dunno if that holds true in Splatoon 2 but I knew someone was trying to max stats in the first game cause their fashion level was hot garbage

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The best part of minmaxers in Splatoon is that you can tell who they are because they look like huge loving nerds who can't dress themselves. I dunno if that holds true in Splatoon 2 but I knew someone was trying to max stats in the first game cause their fashion level was hot garbage

samurai helmet

squid girl tunic

plum casuals

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Fuckin' lol

https://twitter.com/tayter_swift/status/894372546811801600

I know we had someone afk the first minute but Jesus there were three blues at our spawn at one point. I am not gud

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Yeah, you really don't need to minmax to get to a high rank. And if you really do want to do that, at least look good while doing it!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah, you really don't need to minmax to get to a high rank. And if you really do want to do that, at least look good while doing it!

I don't think that that is a very good outfit IMHO.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
I use the instant kill weapon and feel the need to max damage.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Improbable Lobster posted:

I don't think that that is a very good outfit IMHO.

I wasn't saying it was good at all.

The Gorp posted:

I use the instant kill weapon and feel the need to max damage.

It does cut down on how long you need to charge to reach lethal damage. Which is pretty huge when using an E-Liter.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Tacky

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Dr. Fetus posted:

:yawn:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Finally its complete.

Stitched together from the hide of a thousand salmonid (or their drink tickets), the ultimate gear for a brush user. Now to repeat this process for several other pieces of gear, without a cheap splatfest shirt to farm chunks off of!

:shepicide:

Dr. Fetus posted:

Wow that looks terrible.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Internet Kraken posted:

Finally its complete.

Stitched together from the hide of a thousand salmonid (or their drink tickets), the ultimate gear for a brush user. Now to repeat this process for several other pieces of gear, without a cheap splatfest shirt to farm chunks off of!

Wow that looks terrible.

It'll be cheaper and easier if you don't pull all 3 subs on the same item. If you've got the time and patience go for it though. That's a clean piece of gear!

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Internet Kraken posted:

Lakbay posted:

I played normally and my ninja squid shirt rolled 3 ink resistance subs naturally

I am so sorry

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Finally its complete.

I am with you, the pieces must be perfect and functional on their own, money be damned. There will always be more coins coming in on the ride to that perfection.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
I've never had a 3-stacked piece of gear.
I've always settled for 2 stacks and a "good enough" 3rd ability.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

JackDarko posted:

It'll be cheaper and easier if you don't pull all 3 subs on the same item. If you've got the time and patience go for it though. That's a clean piece of gear!

I rolled two Ink Saver Main subs on my rain boots, then figured I'd pop an Ink Saver Main drink to get the third slot.

It did not work. :shepicide:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

JackDarko posted:

Yeah but the endgame of all this is that I'll have specalized gear I can swap around freely. Like if I wanted to gently caress around with the dapple dualies, ninja squid and ink resist aren't that important. So I just take off that shirt and replace it with one with maxed runspeed and turn into sonic.

Also mismatched abilities bother me

Lakbay posted:

I am so sorry

I naturally rolled 3 of an ability once without even using a drink.

It was quick respawn :negative:

Silver Falcon posted:

I rolled two Ink Saver Main subs on my rain boots, then figured I'd pop an Ink Saver Main drink to get the third slot.

It did not work. :shepicide:

At least you'll need only 30 chunks to perfect it, which is a lot easier than 50 or god forbid 60.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

...ink resist aren't that important.

i don't ever want to use a loadout that doesn't have ink resist

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What abilities do you guys think I should focus on maining the .96 Gal in ranked?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

LethalGeek posted:

How to deal with any weapon OP or not:

Don't come straight at them. Don't walk up to enemy ink.

There that should help 90% of the time.

The berth you need to give the tri slosher (and to a lesser extent the brush) borderlines on insanity. I used it to get up to A rank and it's just ridiculous how effortless and huge the range is. Just tilt up and mash. Outraning the trislosher is a delicate dance with death and poo poo P2P connections. You're only choice is to flank to get a consistent kill, but EVERYONE is weak to that. Why even have short range shooter weapons when you can do the same thing when the tri slosher does everything but super long distances well with minimal effort?

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 7, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Was the trislosher the same in 1? I remember people complaining about aereosprays in that but never the trislosher.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Night Blade posted:

The berth you need to give the tri slosher (and to a lesser extent the brush) borderlines on insanity. I used it to get up to A rank and it's just ridiculous how effortless and huge the range is. Just tilt up and mash. Outraning the trislosher is a delicate dance with dance and poo poo P2P connections. You're only choice is to flank to get a consistent kill, but EVERYONE is weak to that. Why even have short range shooter weapons when you can do the same thing when the tri slosher does everything but super long distances well with minimal effort?

but then your finger gets tired pressing ZR all the time

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Few things, it’s definitely way more flexible to have a perfect piece of gear you don’t need to combo with other gear. I enjoy farming chunks and getting good gear a lot.

For the 96 Gal? I’d say you probably want to use Thermal Ink right? I’d also look into the basic Main Weapon Ink Consumption Down Abilities and the Ink Tank refill faster ability. I can’t think of anything else other than movement speed that you’d really enjoy. If you think the Sprinkler is useful in Splat Zones and Tower Control, invest in Sub Weapon ink down.

JackDarko fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Aug 7, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Kaubocks posted:

If your weapon can easily ink the ground in front of you its not really that important. I think its necessary on brushes because otherwise when you touch a tiny splotch of ink you suddenly lose a ton of speed, which is really bad when you're trying to run away.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

JackDarko posted:

Few things it’s definitely way more flexible to have a perfect piece of gear you don’t need to combo with other gear. I enjoy farming chunks and getting good gear a lot.

For the 96 Gal? I’d say you probably want to use Thermal Ink right? I’d also look into the basic Main Weapon Ink Consumption Down Abilities and the Ink Tank refill faster ability. I can’t think of anything else other than movement speed that you’d really enjoy. If you think the Sprinkler is useful in Splat Zones and Tower Control, invest in Sub Weapon ink down.

Thermal and anything to conserve ink do seem like good ideas. I've been in a few confrontations where I'm empty and that sucks. Thanks.

Does thermal share information with the team?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I don't think it does, I've never seen a white outline unless i'm using thermal or the stinger super.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

The Gorp posted:

I've never had a 3-stacked piece of gear.
I've always settled for 2 stacks and a "good enough" 3rd ability.

:unsmigghh:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Internet Kraken posted:

If your weapon can easily ink the ground in front of you its not really that important. I think its necessary on brushes because otherwise when you touch a tiny splotch of ink you suddenly lose a ton of speed, which is really bad when you're trying to run away.
If you're trying to run away as a brush user why aren't you just using your brush? It's the ultimate getaway tool assuming you've got at least a smidgen of ink left in the tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kaubocks posted:

Same, it's SO USEFUL no matter what.