Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Bill Barber posted:

If you're trying to run away as a brush user why aren't you just using your brush? It's the ultimate getaway tool assuming you've got at least a smidgen of ink left in the tank.

You can still hit ink when running with the brush, which is the whole reason I have the ink resist equipped. Its especially common if you are making sharp turns, which is likely what you're gonna do when you run into 4 enemies and need to U-turn out of there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

SeANMcBAY posted:

Thermal and anything to conserve ink do seem like good ideas. I've been in a few confrontations where I'm empty and that sucks. Thanks.

Does thermal share information with the team?

I tried thermal this morning and I'm not really sure it's worth it. The gun's a 2 shot kill and since you can't splash the shots over cover/up walls like a bucket can there didn't seem to be many situations where it actually came in handy.

I only tried it out for about 10 matches so I could be wrong.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Was the trislosher the same in 1? I remember people complaining about aereosprays in that but never the trislosher.

Tri-Slosher had its range increased in 2.

Silver Falcon posted:

I rolled two Ink Saver Main subs on my rain boots, then figured I'd pop an Ink Saver Main drink to get the third slot.

It did not work. :shepicide:

I know the pains of not rolling the right 3rd sub-ability all too well.

I'm probably gonna end up making Murch the richest sea urchin in Inkopolis at this rate. :shepicide:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

:getin:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

:chanpop:

That's pretty awesome

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Aaww yeah!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

I naturally rolled 3 of an ability once without even using a drink.

It was quick respawn :negative:

Quick respawn + respawn punisher = mastapiece

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I couldn't believe Mayo won even though only 25 percent of players picked it. We did it!

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Doesn't Quick Respawn only work if you don't splat anyone?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Zeruel posted:

If you do more than pretend you know what the abilities do based on just reading the name you are scum to me

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

the truth posted:

:chanpop:

That's pretty awesome

I want this and I know its going to take a ungodly amount of coins and games to get it.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Zeruel posted:

and die multiple times while not splatting anyone

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Kaubocks posted:

Mastapiece

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Next level ranked strat: Only quick respawn and respawn punisher equipped. Do nothing but ink turf and get killed as much as possible.

How could it fail? :shepface:

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Kaubocks posted:

oh i didn't know this, i guess it's completely useless then

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

correct me if i'm wrong but i recall reading somewhere that the respawn punisher ability is described incorrectly in game and that it's actually "you and people you splat have increased respawns"

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Kaubocks posted:

correct me if i'm wrong but i recall reading somewhere that the respawn punisher ability is described incorrectly in game and that it's actually "you and people you splat have increased respawns"

That's what I remember reading in game

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Lemming posted:

That's what I remember reading in game

description in game is you and people who splat you get increased respawn

i can't confirm i just heard elsewhere that it's actually people you splat

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
You'd think it would be people you splat cause otherwise its useless.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Kaubocks posted:

description in game is you and people who splat you get increased respawn

i can't confirm i just heard elsewhere that it's actually people you splat

Well that's what I thought it meant so it's either correct or I can't read

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Kaubocks posted:

Wiki backs you on that. https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Respawn_Punisher However what we need are rigorous autistic tests!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Kaubocks posted:

That's me!

I am doing better this evening. I've pretty much forsaken ambushing folks with my Carbon Roller and have concentrated on just inking uninked turf and enemy ink that's been abandoned. Gets me Ink Storm fairly quick this way as well. Sometimes I'll suicide bum-rush the enemy spawn in the last 30 seconds or so.

I can't hit anyone for poo poo with the damned thing still.

I went 3-2 tonight and was never last in points so I guess I'm doing something a little better. Anyway ~that's my story~

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Tayter Swift posted:

That's me!

I am doing better this evening. I've pretty much forsaken ambushing folks with my Carbon Roller and have concentrated on just inking uninked turf and enemy ink that's been abandoned. Gets me Ink Storm fairly quick this way as well. Sometimes I'll suicide bum-rush the enemy spawn in the last 30 seconds or so.

I can't hit anyone for poo poo with the damned thing still.

I went 3-2 tonight and was never last in points so I guess I'm doing something a little better. Anyway ~that's my story~

Give the N-Zap a try it inks and kills well.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/08/mayo-won-splatfest-but-some-splatoon-2-players-worry-the-system-is-broken/

For every wailing tweet from an outraged anime fan, satan keeps my body youthful for another year

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

bandaid.friend posted:

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/08/mayo-won-splatfest-but-some-splatoon-2-players-worry-the-system-is-broken/

For every wailing tweet from an outraged anime fan, satan keeps my body youthful for another year

'Things internet dwellers care about'

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I thought the only reason why lil judd was small was cause some janitor tripped over the cord of the cloning machine while it was in the middle of making another cat

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

1) cool it's splatoon 1 all over again

2) do these people know how math works

3) i'm pretty sure ketchup was more popular in NA because it's ketchup not solely because marina backs it, jesus christ

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

bandaid.friend posted:

Do we have to bitch and moan every Splatfest, internet? If you can't handle a benign choice in a children's game, don't play.

Like seriously, can't wait to hear Team Thank You bitching in a month when Team Please wins.

(I'll allow Team Cat to be salty all these years later. That was family we were defending.)

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

dragon enthusiast posted:

I thought the only reason why lil judd was small was cause some janitor tripped over the cord of the cloning machine while it was in the middle of making another cat

That makes sense.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

"The system is rigged" people say, when the more popular team has a 75% chance of winning. :laffo: Also the only thing genuinely of consequence is that there are 3 less Super Sea Snails given out. Big whoop.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Dr. Fetus posted:

the only thing genuinely of consequence is that there are 3 less Super Sea Snails given out. Big whoop.

The real truth here is that people who like ketchup have had their feelings hurt in the kiddy squid shooter mans game.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

team mayo is punished enough by having to eat mayo

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

bandaid.friend posted:

nintendo has changed that scoring system 3 times but it will never stop the tears of a group upset they lose by 2 percentage points.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I have to wonder how much salt there would be if there's a Pearl vs. Marina Splatfest since the consequences of that is known. And Pearl won. :unsmigghh:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

still mad callie lost tbh

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Tough salmon run this time if you end up with the goo tuber.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

It's actually really awesome that the end difference in snails is so small if you're willing to put in the effort.

But I'm still mad that soggy white mess of a condiment ran away with a win in anthing but the race for "worst thing to put on a hamburger."

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This is clearly the easiest Salmon Run ever :toot:

Really, I've said almost every weapon has a place in Salmon Run. A lot of people moan about being handed stuff they aren't used to, but most weapons have a niche they excel at in Salmon Run so you have to play around that.

The goo tuber? Its just poo poo here. I can't judge chargers at all in player matches, but I've gotten a good hang of them in Salmon Run. The goo tuber's ability to store a charge for a long time is barely useful. You're pretty much never lacking for a target to shoot at, so you don't need to hold onto a charge for very long if at all. Meanwhile the extra charge time is a massive problem. It makes it far less powerful than a normal charger due to longer setup time. Its just a bad weapon here.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Aug 7, 2017

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
petition to remove blasters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Oh my god Salmon Run, just give me a run speed up drink ticket so I can finish my gear set. FFfffff NOO I don't want MORE Ink Resistance Chunks Fafafahgnkjbg

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Aug 7, 2017